Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Noob Tanks on ops

Tigzie
06.29.2012 , 07:50 PM | #1
Ok since 1.3 has come out ive now been in 3 ops runs (hms) in which the tanks that have joined us are basically idiots.... people seem to now think ohh a hm op i can get good gear there and just sign up.

i do lfgs in rep and imp fleet because obviously i need people to run with me (low guild membership) and its not the healers that let us down or the dps but the tanks.... And in no way am i insulting tje decent tanks out there good job and keep up the good work.

However why must idiots constantly play games we love?

as happened 2 times previosly and again today the 2 tanks let us down it was only suppose to be a quick run through evhm for remaining gear (stated that too when lfg) yet the tanks let us down on the droid by not turning on gharj by not tanking away from healers and again on soa 3 level by running away from pillars .....
EVEN AFTER HEALERS WERE HEALING THEM THROUGH ENRAGE

We also tried axplaining many many times what to do in the end we kicked em brought in 2 more dps and out guardian dps tanked

All i can say is noob tanks please please read up on what you have to do before doing a HM

alifaraaz
06.29.2012 , 08:36 PM | #2
Lol! Well that's pugs for ya. Though you were probably unlucky, but I think its partly true that most good tanks don't pug much. There's no shortage of them, they just cba pugging or are saved for guild runs.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Tigzie
06.29.2012 , 09:13 PM | #3
I dunno ive run with some real good ones picked up off the fleet guess ive kind of been spoilt with tanks before that are just epic ...perfect tanking, then i tank myself on my alt a few ops hms so that when a noob comes and does it its just a million times more frustrating after explaining to em what to do step by step lol

.... Times like these i miss being able to use my tank companion lol

Darramouss
06.29.2012 , 09:28 PM | #4
Not everyone knows the tactics for every single place, let me guess you're a dps?

Grizm
06.29.2012 , 09:36 PM | #5
OP lost all credibility when he failed to capitalize the letter "I."

Eternalnight
06.29.2012 , 09:57 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darramouss View Post
Not everyone knows the tactics for every single place
If they don't know, they should not join pretending that they do.

And overall, that is just a poor excuse, because of this:

Quote: Originally Posted by Tigzie View Post
We also tried explaining many many times what to do

Fossman
06.29.2012 , 11:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tigzie View Post
Ok since 1.3 has come out ive now been in 3 ops runs (hms) in which the tanks that have joined us are basically idiots.... people seem to now think ohh a hm op i can get good gear there and just sign up.

i do lfgs in rep and imp fleet because obviously i need people to run with me (low guild membership) and its not the healers that let us down or the dps but the tanks.... And in no way am i insulting tje decent tanks out there good job and keep up the good work.

However why must idiots constantly play games we love?

as happened 2 times previosly and again today the 2 tanks let us down it was only suppose to be a quick run through evhm for remaining gear (stated that too when lfg) yet the tanks let us down on the droid by not turning on gharj by not tanking away from healers and again on soa 3 level by running away from pillars .....
EVEN AFTER HEALERS WERE HEALING THEM THROUGH ENRAGE

We also tried axplaining many many times what to do in the end we kicked em brought in 2 more dps and out guardian dps tanked

All i can say is noob tanks please please read up on what you have to do before doing a HM
Unfortunately if your going to pug HM OPs odds are that your going to keep getting people like that. Only advice I can give you is leave your current inactive guild and join one that raids on a regular basis. I hardly ever Pug raids because I simply cannot stand Pugs. They frustrate me to the point that i want to snap my keyboard in half and throw my monitor through the window.

Rasticles
06.30.2012 , 05:41 AM | #8
I can handle LFG Flashpoints, but I'd not even consider a pug/LFG Ops group......nah ......

KBSIP
06.30.2012 , 08:37 AM | #9
my tanking skills are ~meh~ and I've pug tanked LI after speccing out of my dps set for a guildie. tanking isn't really taht hard with the buffs to aggro, just don't stand in the fire.

Anysao
06.30.2012 , 08:46 AM | #10
I have yet to use the LFG system, and I believe i am a fairly good tank (columi, some rakata)... So I can't help here. I wish i knew how good a good tank was, though!
Ooh! In Elder Scrolls Online, I get magic spells and colossal PvP! That sounds cool, but one question, where do I get a lightsaber?
Want to get a lightsaber, too? Click this text for a free trial run of The Old Republic. Returning player? No problem! Join today!