Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Random Crashing

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

mbxtreme
06.29.2012 , 07:00 PM | #11
I have had no problems with any of the patches until last night, so to say that it could be my hard drive or ram is preposterous! I'm pretty sure I would have the problem with every game I have also, not just SWTOR. I'm in process of reinstall with fingers crossed.

snave
06.30.2012 , 07:24 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

@snave: For maximum functionality and stability of the game we recommend users not overclock their hardware.

@DarthSublimitas: There are two possibilities here, the first is that there are game asset files stored on a part of your hard drive that is corrupted and needs to be repaired using Chkdsk. The second is that defective or overclocked RAM is causing corrupted data to be written to the hard drive. Defective RAM can be detected by using the Memtest86+ (www.memtest.org) utility. The solution to this second case is to remove or replace the defective memory or to not overclock it. If both of these situations have been discounted then a full uninstall, reboot and reinstall has worked for some people. We are very aware of how frustrating this all can be and we will do all we can to help every player get in game.

Please post again should you have further questions.
I restored my PC's default settings this morning so no overclock, still getting disconnected randomly. It seems to happen more frequently in warzones but it happens when I'm standing around on the fleet too.

SSgtDerrick
06.30.2012 , 07:30 AM | #13
I to am going through the same thing. Crash to desktop or just freezes up and i have to reboot my computer. Only been happening since 6/29/2012. Did all your repairs and still the same. Only with this game. Other games are fine.

snave
06.30.2012 , 07:32 AM | #14
Oh one more thing too. The repair button on my launcher isn't clickable, it says only used when there's a problem so I can't even scan to see if anything is wrong.

demonssword
06.30.2012 , 01:50 PM | #15
Had 2 CTD as well. Brief pause in game, moves 1 step then crashes out.
Checked the files, heat and all the other stuff and doesnt seem to be problems there. Both times for me happened in a FP just after i used my force charge on an enemy.

Vildiil
06.30.2012 , 02:53 PM | #16
I've had two random crashes to desktop as well since the patch on Tuesday. It's just this little random stutter where everything stops, you see your character attempt it's next animation then you're back at desktop.
Ja'xo - <Lethal Dose Fifty>

Tainda
06.30.2012 , 03:07 PM | #17
I was having issues with this about a month ago. I deleted the character and recreated and haven't had any more problems.

I log in today with a character I haven't played in awhile. I played for about 3 hours and then suddenly it crashes again.

I may be the only one but when I crash I have to delete all my Nvidia files and reinstall as they are corrupted after the crash.

If this isn't fixed as soon as possible, I will be cancelling my account. I am a reasonable person and expect technical difficulties here and there but now I'm PI$$ED!!!!

mbxtreme
06.30.2012 , 07:42 PM | #18
Two uninstalls later and countless hours on forums and download for launcher I still cannot play. It is only SWTOR. I can play all of my other games with no problems. I will be about a quarter of the way through the first launch screen and all of a sudden my computer is rebooting. Not crashing to desktop but REBOOTING! I can't fix it, I'm not overclocked, I've run disc checker, there is nothing wrong with my computer. I had no problems at all with this game until 6-29-12. Please help or I'm about to cancel.

starwarscoach
06.30.2012 , 07:53 PM | #19
I too have been having major problems since patch 1.3. It is not a total crash, but while in warzones, and now, just like Snave, just standing on the fleet, my connection will be lost and I will be returned to the servers' screen. My internet connection is perfectly fine and so are both my computers, but it continues to happen. It is to the point that I cannot play now either, so I too, am paying for something I cannot use. I just want it to be fixed and fixed ASAP. If it were just on one computer, ok, but not three different ones.

snave
07.01.2012 , 06:33 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by starwarscoach View Post
I too have been having major problems since patch 1.3. It is not a total crash, but while in warzones, and now, just like Snave, just standing on the fleet, my connection will be lost and I will be returned to the servers' screen. My internet connection is perfectly fine and so are both my computers, but it continues to happen. It is to the point that I cannot play now either, so I too, am paying for something I cannot use. I just want it to be fixed and fixed ASAP. If it were just on one computer, ok, but not three different ones.
I've done more diagnostic work on my PC since wednesday than I have throughout the rest of my life.

I've run every conceivable check posted here, I've uninstalled and reinstalled from scratch, I've reinstalled windows from scratch, I've restored my pc to factory settings, I've carried out tweaks meant to solve the problem and it still persists.

The situation I'm in now is virtually a blank slate. Fresh windows install, fresh game install, all default settings on hardware (which has been tested and verified is not a issue) and the problem still persists. Seems pretty clear to me there's something wrong with the patch, I think we'd all appreciate it if you stopped blaming our fully functional hardware that was running your game without issue until wednesday and just acknowledge you goofed something up.