Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LFG tool is missing one -very- important part to it.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
LFG tool is missing one -very- important part to it.

Sulfuren
06.29.2012 , 11:45 AM | #1
The part that it teleports you back to where you took the travel option after you leave or complete the FP.. and not just take you right to the fleet.

Other than rare moments where this would be nice, It kinda sucks that I have to travel -all- the way back to the planet I was questing on to use it, especially the planets with long load times for some people. ( Tatt, Belsav, ..Corella.*shudder* )

Only thing I might see being the reason is "turning" in the FP after, that could be fixed to just having the quest turn in take you back to where you were questing.. or turning it in somehow still in the FP like Boarding party...

Evironrage
06.29.2012 , 11:47 AM | #2
Granted, but a small price to pay to finally have a real LFG tool.
I don't discuss things as a committee, I don't care about a protocol droid's opinion, and I wish I had more time to get her excited

jgelling
06.29.2012 , 12:06 PM | #3
It's missing other features, too, but yes, that is particularly bad given how focused this game is on your quest.

As it is now, the tool totally interrupts what you're doing. The teleport is convenient, but without teleporting back it's not much more convenient than hanging around the fleet and forming a group.

Rafaman
06.29.2012 , 12:10 PM | #4
Maybe.... but I find that after a flashpoint I typically have stuff to do with my cargo, gear, and consequently GTN. Especially when I get alloy drops. A quick craft and a quick post on GTN for more creds. Maybe it should give the option? I don't mind either way.

Vraelan
06.29.2012 , 12:26 PM | #5
Minor inconvenience. Not a big deal.
Giradda the Hutt refugee on The Shadowlands
50 Sentinel / 11 Juggernaut
22 Sage / 26 Assassin
12 Vanguard / 10 Bounty Hunter

Burtlebe
06.29.2012 , 01:06 PM | #7
I would prefer the option since more times than not i want to go trade in my tokens for gear before heading back to that back water i was in.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

Parali
06.29.2012 , 01:08 PM | #8
Greetings,

This is a common community request and is something we are considering for the future, as explained by Development Director Antonia Phillips:

Quote: Originally Posted by AntoniaPhillips View Post
Shuttling to Starting Location:
One of the issues most commonly noted is that you are not returned to your original location when you end/exit a Flashpoint or Operation.

This is not a bug; let me explain that a little bit better!

In the game today, without the Group Finder, when you exit a Flashpoint or Operation you are NOT shuttled back to your original location - you're taken to the entrance.

Although this is currently how the Flashpoint and Operation exit technology functions, we understand the importance of modifying this functionality, especially for the Group Finder. We already have a plan to provide this as soon as possible. The moment we know what update this can be included with, we will let you know!
We hope this gives a bit more insight into our future plans for the Group Finder Tool. Read her full post for other details on Group Finder.

Sambril
06.29.2012 , 01:09 PM | #9
The tool does not change the mechanics of the flashpoints and I guess it was relatively easy to add a port to the start of it. Exiting the flashpoint in the normal way allows you to complete any associated mission, whether that is a story or a daily/weekly from the mission terminal.

What I would like to see is for the game to remember where you were and give a single use pass to return you to that point. This would also allow you to visit bank, vendor, mission terminal, GTN etc. prior to returning to your regular questing.

Skidrowbro
06.29.2012 , 01:15 PM | #10
Don't we need totals to the quest giver after the flashpoint anyways? So it makes perfect sense to be ported back to the fleet. Oh dear 5 mins of time wasted travelling.g back to the planet.