Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 29th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 29th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CourtneyWoods
06.29.2012 , 10:48 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello everyone,

Please discuss this week's Community Q&A blog in this thread!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

RiP_AzaZeL
06.29.2012 , 12:40 PM | #2
its very frustrating to see the confusion of voidstar tie breakers completely ignored. he just started talkign about something else entirely and didnt mention anything about what happens when neither team makes it past the first door.
Main: Shadsolo - Sawbones/Scrapper
Alt: Shady-Wan - Shadow Balance
Guild: <Random> - Officer
Server: The Fatman(Kinrath Spider)

Evilsteps
06.29.2012 , 12:51 PM | #3
Did we really have a question asking if Expertise helped in any way in PVE? Really? I usually don't gripe, but are we going to have a question next week answering whether or not Agents/Smugglers/Commandos/Bounty Hunters can use lightsabers? /Facepalm

Lunafox
06.29.2012 , 12:54 PM | #4
I like that they're implementing colour matching on companions. I'd also like to see 'hide the helmet' feature for companions too.

Another thing I wouldn't mind seeing is, the removal of specifics for gear, for example, a piece of medium gear, being only wearable by agent and sith warrior for example. What if I'd like to put that piece on my medium armour wearing companion? I can't right now...it's something I'd like to see change.
No Individual class/companion story extensions, make it technically challenging to pay a sub!
~Take care everyone! May the Force be with you, always!~

SnkByte
06.29.2012 , 01:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Evilsteps View Post
Did we really have a question asking if Expertise helped in any way in PVE? Really? I usually don't gripe, but are we going to have a question next week answering whether or not Agents/Smugglers/Commandos/Bounty Hunters can use lightsabers? /Facepalm
Yeah this question was a killer :P Actually the answer. We all didn't knew the basics MMO mechanics at some point but to waste an answer on this.

grezgorz
06.29.2012 , 01:09 PM | #6
CelCawdro: What are your long-term plans for implementing playable species? Are Cathar merely the first of semi-regular species additions?

Daniel: Like all of our ongoing content updates, we’ll release Cathar into the wild and see how they perform. If new species are clearly popular we’ll keep them coming!

This answer confirms to me how hopelessly out of touch you are!

Lord_Karsk
06.29.2012 , 01:19 PM | #7
That was a short Q&A but i think most players will be happu about this.
Quote:
chat bubbles

Blaac
06.29.2012 , 01:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SnkByte View Post
Yeah this question was a killer :P Actually the answer. We all didn't knew the basics MMO mechanics at some point but to waste an answer on this.
Its not an entirely unfounded question. If it has no effect on players in PvE, then what mechanic is in place to differentiate between when a player is healing a group for questing or a raid..... or in world PvP? This answer makes me question if the healing portion of expertise is only calculated upon entering a WZ or not because of this. If so world PvP becomes even LESS attractive than it already is.
~KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND TRUE SITH DO NOT SHARE POWER~

Tomisu
06.29.2012 , 01:22 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Evilsteps View Post
Yeah, I asked that because I have some guildies that swear that being flagged in our Ops increases their healing when in comparable PvP gear. I was having a hard time believing that could be true so I put it out there. I suspect they will still thinks it works and is a bug, not working as Austin described.

Overdoser
06.29.2012 , 01:40 PM | #10
JESUS can the developers give us an answer to where neither team gets the first door in voidstar? If it really is still just a cointoss then they must be absolutely stupid and overlooked this HUGE issue. Just give points for planting a bomb and the same point amount for diffusing. Then if it is still a tie give it based on kills or objective points. Is that so hard?!!!!!