Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for July 6th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for July 6th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BJWyler
06.29.2012 , 01:12 PM | #11
My question is in regards to the codex entries. Me, being the completionist I am, always try to check the codex for each planet I finish with a toon to see if I might of missed anything. For those items missing, that I can't readily figure out for myself, I will visit several of the fansites to see what the deal is with that particular entry. It seems there are many codex entries for each planet that either can't be completed on that planet (due to a bug or the entry being completing on another planet), or the unlock for the entry has been removed from the game (such as the Inquisitor title on Korriban and the Republic Heroic on Taris).

I was wondering what the reason was for removing some of these things from the game, and also what kind of time frame (if at all) are we looking for the codex to be updated to reflect what is actually obtainable in the game and from where. I figure this is probably something low on the list of priorities, but was just curious.

BJ
Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

Wretched Hive Recap The premier SWTOR Forum Discussion Show

linken
06.29.2012 , 01:29 PM | #12
While the game was in development, were there any planets you planned on making but were never released?
"As long as we know where our loyalties lie, we will never fall" - Linken Anderson

Clymene
06.29.2012 , 01:31 PM | #13
Are there any plans to buff companion tanks? Currently they are barely any better at survivability than dps companions, especially poor Xalek, and don't hold agro very well.

Mental_Goat
06.29.2012 , 01:31 PM | #14
Hello, my question is in regards to schematic loot drops in Hard Mode Flashpoints. Right now it appears that all purple item drops are bind-on-pickup. I understand why gear dropped in Hard Mode Flashpoints is bind-on-pickup, but since each player only has a 1 in 6 chance of actually having the crafting skill associated with a schematic drop, would it be feasible to make schematics bound-to-legacy?
Estor Ewei - Born in Sep of 2003 (earth time) in the Chilastra galaxy. Served the Galactic Empire for approx. 3 years before the galaxy was destroyed by the sinister NGE.
Setor Ewei - Born more than 3,500 years before; his origin still in the shadows. Soon, light will be cast and his tale will be revealed...

Blaac
06.29.2012 , 01:32 PM | #15
Are there any plans to make Armstech a more useful end game crafting skill when compared to others? Currently every craft is given some form of Rakata level item as a bonus for max skill, except Armstech. During flashpoints and operations every craft is regularly given some form of patterns that drop, except Armstech. As it stands Armstech has nearly NO end game use other than augments and augment kits, and as far as I can tell it takes 133% more mats to make the cheapest augment kit components than their counterparts.

Quick math to back this up:
Armstech: 6 + 4 metal/compounds + 4 flux = 14 mats per component
Armormech/Synthweaving: 2 + 2 metal/crystal/artifacts/compounds + 2 flux/substraight = 6 mats per component
~KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND TRUE SITH DO NOT SHARE POWER~

DarthRavillen
06.29.2012 , 01:36 PM | #16
Is there plans for the future to able to change the color scheme for a set of armor adding more customization to the looks of a characters and the armor that they are wearing?

Hapes
06.29.2012 , 01:44 PM | #17
Where do the prices come from that populate the "sell price" field when we drop an item on the GTN to be sold? Where are you extrapolating those numbers from and how do you come to that price point?

Very Curious
Hapes

Graydon
06.29.2012 , 01:53 PM | #18
Could you please give us a status update on Paid Character Transfers? What's holding you back from providing customers this service?

tkfour
06.29.2012 , 01:59 PM | #19
Can you go over what exactly you do during the server down times. Do you use hot swap-able drives on your servers as I know some other companies use on their servers to deploy a patch? It seems that you bring the servers down for a long time because usually hot fixes and patches that you deploy aren't that big in size so I cant rationalize the down times. Can you tell us what you do during that time in a brief / comprehensive manner?

Giolon
06.29.2012 , 02:16 PM | #20
Why do the costs of changing the mods on gear remain so high? Even with the 30% reduction with 1.3, it still costs over 100k to change out the mods (including augment) on a single piece of gear at endgame. With 6+ pieces of moddable gear, that's a crippling amount of money - two full days of Dailies worth. I'd like to be able to change out my character and her companions' outfits regularly to keep things fresh, but the prices you guys have put in place make that unaffordable.
Da'ru Ar'lya - Jedi Seer
~Giolon~