Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Q&A Thread for July 6th Blog Post

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Official Q&A Thread for July 6th Blog Post
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

06.29.2012 , 10:46 AM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the July 6th, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on July 6th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Monday at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select the questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:
  1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed.

With that being said, please ask away!
Courtney Woods | Lead Community Coordinator
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

06.29.2012 , 12:45 PM | #2
Recently I swapped over to Vibroswords from lightsabers (Marauder). I noticed that the max damage range of lightsabers is higher than vibroswords, but the minimum range of lightsabers is lower than vibroswords (by the same amount). I assume these would average out and make no difference in damage, but I am curious why this is? I also assume that the different damage type (energy vs kinetic) should make no difference in PvE or PvP because those two types tend to be paired (like elemental and internal are paired).

P.S. Oh, and your left vibrosword does some odd twisting motions when you turn - it's spinning in your hand.
Nezy - 50 Marauder (main)
Nez - 50 Operative (alt)
Nezix - First 50 Sorcerer on Vrook Lamar. (retired)

06.29.2012 , 12:47 PM | #3
Do you have any intentions of improving Artifice? right now is on of the most useless professions in the game.

06.29.2012 , 12:50 PM | #4
Are there any plans in the works to be able to add both exterior and interior customizations to our starships?
"It is said correctly that law exists not for the just but for the unjust, for the just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar."
Master Fitze Felix | Jedi Shadow | The Harbinger

06.29.2012 , 12:51 PM | #5
Do you have any intentions to improve Armstech? Right now there's not much to do

06.29.2012 , 12:53 PM | #6
Is there a way to increase the number of missions that are capable of providing schematics (including a bit higher occurrence of actually getting one) while getting a reduction in the number of gift missions that show up on the randomized selection list?
Minister of Propaganda, Deadly Shenanigans
Drooga's Pleasure Barge / Lord Praven / Squadron 238
The Shadowedsoul Legacy
~ immortalis imperator veneremur ~

06.29.2012 , 12:59 PM | #7
Hi, with the proliferation of augments due the release of the augment kits in 1.3 have there been any changes to existing end game content to balance out the power curve provided by having full augmented gear. I was playing through Explosive Content the other night and the enemies seemed to be dolling out more damage then in the past.

06.29.2012 , 01:02 PM | #8
Why were Cathar picked at the first new species and what criteria are you looking at for other playable species.

06.29.2012 , 01:02 PM | #9
Can we expect any improvements for load times in general? You guys are doing a great job at addressing some of the bigger concerns I had with the game, and this is really the only major issue left that I would love to see improvement on.

Perhaps implement a mechanic where we can choose where we plan to travel and have the engine start preloading those assets ahead of time?

06.29.2012 , 01:03 PM | #10
Are there any plans to allow race changes for existing characters when new species are released (such as the Cathar) or will we have to create an all new character to be able to use that species?
Xothos, 50 Sith Juggernaut