Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why have trash mobs?

Screaming_Ziva
06.29.2012 , 09:23 AM | #1
I'm fairly new to Ops but I'm beginning to wonder what the point of trash mobs are in Ops. They're not tough to kill and they don't drop loot. Why are they there except to add 30-45 minutes onto each Op?

Maybe the mobs are there to prevent under geared groups from getting to the boss but really, if you can't kill the trash mobs, you're not going to be able to kill the boss. If you can kill the boss, the trash mobs are just an annoyance.

I know it may seem silly to just enter an Op to kill 4 - 5 bosses consecutively but I'm wondering if really that's all an Op should be.

Khevar
06.29.2012 , 09:56 AM | #2
At least for me, the trash mobs get the group in sync and operating efficiently. By the time we hit the first boss we pretty much have our stuff together.

Now, if the op was on farm for a group that plays together all the time, that might not be necessary. But I don't always group with the same people every time.

Snakeyees
06.29.2012 , 08:35 PM | #3
Its to slow you down, and make content. if there was no trash mobs it would be slam bam thank you mam.. if you have done trash in denvoa that trash is really boring, and repetitive did i mention really really boring. another way to look at it is the dev's cant figure out a way to make a very fun operation one that involves thinking and can be a joy to play.

I remember a Holiday event in LOTR where you had to figure out the riddles on the doors, there was over 100 of them that was fun but annoying at the same time you got a title out of it.
Asro Miraluka, Jedi Guardian Level 50 Veteran of Squadron 367 Server: Bergen Colony
--->.