Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possible bug post 1.3: Multiple class buffs from one character buffing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Possible bug post 1.3: Multiple class buffs from one character buffing

Alienwarz
06.29.2012 , 08:07 AM | #1
I am not sure of the conditions in which caused the following bug, but I can reproduce it. Also, it persists through log outs. Moreover, it works when I am solo, grouped or casting the buff on other players not in my group. I am not sure if it is just me or if there are other conditions which are similar. All I know is that I could do this after 1.3 appeared (or at least that's when I noticed it).

Here is what happened...I am a Juggernaut and I was grouped with a Sorcerer for some missions. We both buffed almost at the same time. After the group concluded and we went our separate ways, my buff wore off...so I pressed F1 to select myself and clicked my buff key...then to my surprise, I had the Inquisitor buff along with my own buff! I thought for sure that once I logged off, it would not happen again...well, again to my surprise, it was back - I had two buffs - my buff and the Inquisitor buff. So then I tried to experiment - I cast my buff on random players in Kaas City - sure enough, they got my buff and the Inquisitor buff.

I've done this now for a couple of days. I am sure this is/was not intended. Has anyone else heard/seen this happen before?

Tewnam
06.29.2012 , 08:08 AM | #2
Do you also have a level 40ish+ Inquisitor character on that server?

Archaell
06.29.2012 , 08:09 AM | #3
Do you happen to have a consular or inquisitor that has finished act 2?

Alienwarz
06.29.2012 , 08:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Archaell View Post
Do you happen to have a consular or inquisitor that has finished act 2?
I do have a 50 consular on that server, but no Imperials on that server that high. Was this a legacy thing? If so, that's awesome.

Tobytl
06.29.2012 , 08:14 AM | #5
Considering his sig, if he's playing that Jugg on Canderous Ordo or The Harbinger, then yes. Either a 50 Sage, or a 50 Sorc.

Starting with 1.2, you get the class buff from all toons on the same legacy that have completed act 2.

Alienwarz
06.29.2012 , 08:14 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Tewnam View Post
Do you also have a level 40ish+ Inquisitor character on that server?
No, not on that server...only a 50 consular.

Xiij
06.29.2012 , 08:14 AM | #7
Look at his sig. It's because you have a lvl 50 sage and a lvl 50 sorc. If you have a class complete act 2, their buffs are now tied with all of your characters buffs, it's part of the legacy stuff.

For example: I have a lvl 50 sent. If I'm playing my BH, I also get the sith warrior buff because I have a sent who has completed act 2 and that is the mirrored class of the sith warrior.

Basically the game is supposed to work that way. Make it easier for you to lvl alts.

Alienwarz
06.29.2012 , 08:15 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tobytl View Post
Considering his sig, if he's playing that Jugg on Canderous Ordo or The Harbinger, then yes. Either a 50 Sage, or a 50 Sorc.

Starting with 1.2, you get the class buff from all toons on the same legacy that have completed act 2.
Awesome. I never noticed it before. I guess because I've been soloing so much and not grouping much, I never had the opportunity to see that in action. This is great news! Thanks guys!

Soluss
06.29.2012 , 08:31 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Alienwarz View Post
Awesome. I never noticed it before. I guess because I've been soloing so much and not grouping much, I never had the opportunity to see that in action. This is great news! Thanks guys!
You also dont need to F1 to target/buff self. It will automatically buff you if you have no target selected. Buffs are group wide.

ShawnSixtyTwo
06.29.2012 , 08:32 AM | #10
More on-topic - this is probably the best part of legacy. (Not knocking the rest of the system - this is just the part you literally get the most use out of by default) For your next character make an Agent/Smuggler or BH/Troop and you'll have 3 buffs right from the start. Makes leveling that much easier.
-= The Sinistral Legacy on The Harbinger =-
Raphus - 50 Sentinel Desperot - 50 Scoundrel Verticalis - 50 Commando
Malivore - 50 Assassin Scoloa - 50 Sniper Dendro - Powertech