Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch 1.3.0b Concern.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sith-lord
06.29.2012 , 07:27 AM | #1
Today's patch notes read as follows:

1.3.0b Patch Notes
6/29/2012

Items
•Augment slots in items crafted before 1.3 that have not been manually upgraded by players are now the appropriate tier based on the level of the item (if no augments are installed) or the level of the augment that is currently installed in the augment slot.

All I can say- Awesome. Glad to see there was a pretty quick fix for the people who forked out money to buy augmented armor. Though I did not experience the issue as I Augmented my gear with kits, I felt pretty bad for those that had to deal with the issue.

Here's my concern: Has anyone from Bioware internally tested to ensure that people who used kits already won't have them locked to the level of augment currently attached to the armor? For example, let's say I use Mk-6 augmentation kits on all of my armor, but put in level 20 augmentations. Has it been tested internally to ensure that the augmentation slot will not be reset to that lower level?

I know this may seem out there for a concern, but unfortunately the patches that have come out thus far have been riddled with bugs, and I'd hate for people to find out at a later time that they need to buy augmentation kits all over again in order to put the highest level augment into their armor after already using the highest level augmentation kit once already.

netskink
06.29.2012 , 07:35 AM | #2
Gawd, so all the cash I spent fixing my preaugmented gear so I could now add an augment in the existing slot is fixed? I was gong to lump it, but now I feel like I was given a cucumber since I know I will not be giving any cash for what I spent.
50s Dapengzi, Wicked Wanda, Blind'Anma, Meiling, Xiaowan, Relee Lowbies Xiaojiejie, Tarheel Tank, The Wait, Tarheal 1xConquerer, 3xWH. 2xBM.
Guild: www.heiankongzhi.com Fatman - PVP Imperial - Recruiting
SWTOR Videos: http://www.heiankongzhi.com/home/swtor/videos

LexiCazam
06.29.2012 , 07:52 AM | #3

Hi folks,

Don't despair. All is not lost! Please refer to this post made by Allison Berryman in another thread regarding this issue:

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Thanks for your patience on this issue everyone; we have some more information for you about the upcoming fix!

If you have a crit-crafted item created before 1.3 that received the incorrect tier of augment slot (and you have NOT upgraded the augment slot to a higher tier), that slot’s tier will be corrected with the fix we are applying during an upcoming patch. If the augment slot is empty, the augment slot tier will be decided by the level of the item. If an augment is installed, the tier of the slot will be determined by the level of that augment.

If you have already manually upgraded your augment slots to a higher tier, we’ll ask that you contact Customer Service after the fix is deployed. Thanks!

Sith-lord
06.29.2012 , 09:04 AM | #4
Thanks for pointing me to that post, but I do have another question:

If I have used a Mk-6 augmentation kit and have level 49 augmentations in those slot, I need to contact customer service to make sure they are the correct level slot, or am I okay because MK-6 slots are for level 49+ items?

AllisonBerryman
06.29.2012 , 09:26 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
You should be fine - MK-6 slots are for level 49+!

metaIsaber
06.29.2012 , 09:29 AM | #6
Guess I'll be posting a CS ticket then. Had a that happen to me and I used an mk6 augment slot to fix it. Hopefully can get that refunded.

Parali
06.29.2012 , 09:33 AM | #7
Greetings!

You may be interested in reading more about Augment Slots in this Help Center article, "Why does my item have a MK-1 Augment Slot?":

Quote:
We’re aware of an issue affecting some players who had crafted [Augmented] Gear prior to Game Update 1.3: Allies. We have since identified and corrected the underlying issue which will resolve the incorrect MK-value issue for most players.

As of now, [Augmented] gear crafted prior to 1.3 will have its Augmentation slot MK level set as follows:
[Augmented] gear with an empty Augment Slot will have the Augment Slot set to a MK level based on the tier of the item.
[Augmented] gear that already contains an Augment in its Augment slot will be granted a slot with an MK level based on the level of the Augment already attached to the item

However – if you had crit-crafted [Augmented] gear and added an Augment to it prior to Game Update 1.3 and have subsequently removed the Augment, you may find that your Augmentation Slot has reset itself to MK-1.

Similarly, if you had a low level Augment equipped in a high level item, you may find that the item now has a lower MK-Level Augmentation slot than it should.
Or, you may have had to manually upgrade the Augmentation slot on an item that had an incorrect MK-Level value assigned to it before we resolved this issue.

If any of the above has happened to you, please contact Customer Service with the following information:
• The name of the affected item
• The name of the Augment that you installed or removed from the item
and our Customer Service team will investigate for you.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.
We hope this helps!

JimG
06.29.2012 , 09:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by netskink View Post
Gawd, so all the cash I spent fixing my preaugmented gear so I could now add an augment in the existing slot is fixed? I was gong to lump it, but now I feel like I was given a cucumber since I know I will not be giving any cash for what I spent.
Why on Earth would you spend a bunch of credits adding augment slots to that gear instead of waiting for them to fix it? If people were just impatient and added augment kits because they didn't want to wait for the fix, then I don't think that's something CS should be dealing with.

Warpus
06.29.2012 , 09:46 AM | #9
We had a bunch of items in our guild bank that had aug slots pre-1.3 patch. After patch, no items in our guild bank have aug slots. I have no ideal on how many but from what I can recall we have probably lost 30+ aug slots in equipment. No word yet from customer service!

Warpus
06.29.2012 , 09:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Warpus View Post
We had a bunch of items in our guild bank that had aug slots pre-1.3 patch. After patch, no items in our guild bank have aug slots. I have no ideal on how many but from what I can recall we have probably lost 30+ aug slots in equipment. No word yet from customer service!
UPDATE: just got a response back from customer service basically saying sorry about your bad luck working as intended.

WOW ***