Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Constant Maintenance

Ailie
06.28.2012 , 08:14 PM | #1
This is getting a little ridicuous team. Of course if it wasn't occuring in Oceanic prime time few would mind much but continuous days of downtime is a bit of a pain in the butt. It's great that you're fixing things but can't the times be varied or scheduled regularly so as not to cut into our play time day after day? Not much point paying for a sub you can't play

Liokae
06.28.2012 , 08:16 PM | #2
I'm just wondering why they have to take it down for a patch two days in a row. Surely they could've just made it a single patch? O_o

Igax
06.28.2012 , 08:17 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Liokae View Post
I'm just wondering why they have to take it down for a patch two days in a row. Surely they could've just made it a single patch? O_o
Well just a guess, but I would say they need to patch the patch that pachted the patch.... got that?
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixStar
Yeah my eyes bugged out when I saw how many servers there are. Hopefully the population doesn't get spread too thin.

SirUrza
06.28.2012 , 08:18 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Not much point paying for a sub you can't play
Which is why they're not going to take down the servers when the MAJORITY of subs are going to be playing.
ị█ị██████ịịΘịị█ị{▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Liokae
06.28.2012 , 08:20 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Igax View Post
Well just a guess, but I would say they need to patch the patch that pachted the patch.... got that?
A one-day turnaround time on finding, fixing, and patching a bug from a patch? Unlikely.

Igax
06.28.2012 , 08:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SirUrza View Post
Which is why they're not going to take down the servers when the MAJORITY of subs are going to be playing.
If they spread the multi down times in a week over more than one time slot I am guessing they would piss off fewer people. After all 3 times in one week, on top of all the other Multiple weeks of dual patches, is kind of an F U from BW to those that do not play prime time USA.
Yeah my eyes bugged out when I saw how many servers there are. Hopefully the population doesn't get spread too thin.

Ailie
06.28.2012 , 08:21 PM | #7
Why do they have to take them all down at once?

Besides, they've gone to all the effort of creating Australian based servers for Oceania, but if they keep taking the servers down during our prime time then people will just stop subbing and it will become unviable, meanning all that investment is wasted, just because they can't schedule a patch to deply a few hours later or earlier

Igax
06.28.2012 , 08:22 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Liokae View Post
A one-day turnaround time on finding, fixing, and patching a bug from a patch? Unlikely.
I find your like of faith in the dev team... refreshing.

spectreclees
06.28.2012 , 08:22 PM | #9
This is somewhat true but somewhat annoying. I for one play at night and pretty late. Having the servers go down during these times 3 times a week is excessive. Then again I dealt with this in Vanilla wow very often. I hope they get their act together.

Grayseven
06.28.2012 , 08:24 PM | #10
It's a complex system. Sometimes, things happen that are unforeseen. Instead of leaving it broken, they fix it.

If you weren't whining about downtime, you'd be whining about lag or some other issue.

We've seen it in WoW where a patch breaks a few other things and they have to repatch to patch the patch. If your life revolves around a game so much that a few hours downtime causes you to rage, you need to re-evaluate your life.
Sometimes you narfle the Garthok, sometimes the Garthok narfles you.