Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.3 completely RUINED Bounty Hunter Merc

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
1.3 completely RUINED Bounty Hunter Merc

DarthWoad
06.28.2012 , 07:16 PM | #1
Unload doesnt vent heat anymore, meaning you over heat QUICKER, which means LOWER DPS for the dps spec tree.

Heatseekers seem to have been reduced too. Much lower damage from it. Overall damage is lower

STILL NO INTERRUPT ABILITY

Grayseven
06.28.2012 , 07:19 PM | #2
But how is it compared to other DPS classes?

It's all well and good to cry "nerf!" but if the class was higher than other DPS then perhaps it was necessary to bring them in line with everyone else.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.

Baphomet_x
06.28.2012 , 07:30 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Grayseven View Post
But how is it compared to other DPS classes?

It's all well and good to cry "nerf!" but if the class was higher than other DPS then perhaps it was necessary to bring them in line with everyone else.
good call man...ive played both bounty hunter and inquisitor,my bounty hunter was far less feeble even without any armor

BlackSpin
06.28.2012 , 07:32 PM | #4
Mercs have been needing some love for a while now. My brother rolled a merc (Lvl 50 / 65 Valor) and quit (for real, and I did get his stuff!) because it's an awful class. Watching him punch his monitor every 2 minutes was amusing though. If they did nerf the damage, from what I understand, it'd be pointless to play.

TheBBP
06.28.2012 , 07:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackSpin View Post
Mercs have been needing some love for a while now. My brother rolled a merc (Lvl 50 / 65 Valor) and quit (for real, and I did get his stuff!) because it's an awful class. Watching him punch his monitor every 2 minutes was amusing though. If they did nerf the damage, from what I understand, it'd be pointless to play.
You judge things by the temperment of someone who punches their monitor? Also, if you are not rolling things as a Commando/Merc, you are doing something wrong.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

DarthWoad
06.28.2012 , 07:35 PM | #6
BW just dont care about mercs

TheBBP
06.28.2012 , 07:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Your evidence and data is quite compelling. I bet that right now they are rushing through a fix based on the info you have supplied.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

Xizzed
06.28.2012 , 07:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthWoad View Post
Operatives*
Simba: "Whats that dark scary place over there?"
Mufasa: "Thats the SWTOR Forums, you must never go there"

Xrizm level 50 Corruption Sorcerer. (Tomb of Freedom nadd)

Evilsteps
06.28.2012 , 07:43 PM | #9
My heat management and damage are both doing well since 1.3. We vent heat every 6 seconds rather than having an unlucky long streak without a crit and overheating really quickly. Not sure why you are having problems.

sumuji
06.28.2012 , 07:47 PM | #10
Apparently your choice for BH in PvP is Pyro...and, umm, that's it. Well I guess you could guard a healer with Powertech.