Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Biochem or Synthweave for Sith Sorcerer?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Biochem or Synthweave for Sith Sorcerer?

JnEricsonx
12.18.2011 , 07:12 PM | #1
These are my two choices, so, discuss please?

Jadalyn
12.19.2011 , 10:11 AM | #2
While Biochem is a fine skill in it's own, it's usefullness is somewhat negated by the fact that Sorcerers can heal. I stopped using heal pots on my Sorcerer after about level 18.

Synthweave lets you increase the damage output (better Willpower) of your character and any of your companions. I find about half my gear on my Sorcerer is crafted and best in slot compared to the quest rewards I am finding.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

Braxxiss
12.19.2011 , 10:21 AM | #3
Purple Stims, to always have an extra buff, or your own armor...hard choice...I don't know what I'm doing on my sorcerer yet either.
Sword in a Box. Never forget.

Denisgsv
12.19.2011 , 10:30 AM | #4
bio

i come from wow a 525 tailor and enchanter .

While synth with proper updates can be worth , bio is easier and better noob friendly money maker . Pots always will be usefull , always will sell , better quality pots or stims even better . i mean those give an edge always !
OPOD , one of few who saw it and lived to tell the storry .

Choukyuudan
12.19.2011 , 10:33 AM | #5
Not a Sorcerer but an Assassin 13. However, I chose Biochem. One thing I've noticed thus far is that the reusable/purple pots have the same stats as the basic pots (through 71 Biochem anyway). The rare/blue pots are better statistically but double as credit sinks, especially while leveling. It is a little disappointing that the reusable/purple pots don't use the stats of the rare/blue ones.
This is Billy-Bob, my bruncle. We have a VERY close family.

Proud owner of a Collector's Edition preorder key.

Braxxiss
12.19.2011 , 10:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Choukyuudan View Post
Not a Sorcerer but an Assassin 13. However, I chose Biochem. One thing I've noticed thus far is that the reusable/purple pots have the same stats as the basic pots (through 71 Biochem anyway). The rare/blue pots are better statistically but double as credit sinks, especially while leveling. It is a little disappointing that the reusable/purple pots don't use the stats of the rare/blue ones.
I thought the blue ones were the same stats as a green one, just lasted twice as long and through death. Maybe I'm mistaken though

Braxxiss
12.19.2011 , 10:48 AM | #7
Nope...according to this, the green, blue, and purple are the same stats, Blue lasts longer and persists through death, and purple can be reused over and over again....

Choukyuudan
12.19.2011 , 10:50 AM | #8
Depends on the pots. Health packs are a flat heal at green, heal + hot at blue, then reusable flat heal at purple. Stims are 60 min. buff lost on death at green, 120 min. buff that lasts through death at blue, then reusable 60 min. buff lost on death at purple. This is straight from my crew skills window. I haven't made any adrenals, so I don't know about those. Green and purple heals are exactly the same. Blue heals for more when factoring in the hot. All buff values are the same on Stims. Only the duration, persistence, and usability change for them.

Braxxiss
12.19.2011 , 10:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Choukyuudan View Post
Depends on the pots. Health packs are a flat heal at green, heal + hot at blue, then reusable flat heal at purple. Stims are 60 min. buff lost on death at green, 120 min. buff that lasts through death at blue, then reusable 60 min. buff lost on death at purple. This is straight from my crew skills window. I haven't made any adrenals, so I don't know about those. Green and purple heals are exactly the same. Blue heals for more when factoring in the hot. All buff values are the same on Stims. Only the duration, persistence, and usability change for them.
Yeah, the blue heal pots have that added HOT, but the purple stims are still better than the blue, they don't last two hours or through death, but it doesn't need to, as you can just pop it again when it wears off or when you die. And according to Torhead, the adreanals are the same as stims...blue gives same stats, just longer lasting time.

Choukyuudan
12.19.2011 , 10:59 AM | #10
Don't get me wrong. I feel the purple Stims are better for the reason you stated. I'm only bummed about the health packs. I don't see the harm in giving the purples the hot too. I mean, they are Biochem only.