Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

8 man vs. 16 man incentives

SpacePiglet
06.28.2012 , 10:30 PM | #11
The gear drop is the same as the 8 man ones.
The 'more' bit is not really 'more'. In a 16 man you just get 2x more gears than the 8 man one.
So doing a two 8 man one is the same.
Guildies did do 16 man ones for fun.
But if we do gear runs, guildies don't feel like doing the 16 man cos it's no incentives for them in terms of gears.

metalgearyoda
06.29.2012 , 05:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by jarjarloves View Post
Ha kids. In my day we used to run 40 man raids and there was no rolling for loot it was all done with Dragon Kill Points (DKP). You have no idea what pain is.
I ran those 40 man raids too. BWL, MC, AQ40...

However, I wasn't RL during that time.

Much easier to just be part of the raid than it is to run it.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

juanni
06.29.2012 , 06:07 AM | #13
I hate carrying other people which is why I love 8-man raiding; it becomes obvious pretty quickly who is not pulling their weight and you can kick their freeloading *** to the curb.

bwherbert
06.29.2012 , 06:34 AM | #14
I think I have a rather simple solution that would appease both sides of the fence AMAP.

Don't change gear stats for 16-man raids. Instead, give people access to the following:

-Titles only attained by completing 16 man HM raids
-Mounts
-Different color scheme options for gear and mounts

I think this would work well. Everyone knows that if you see a guy on a dark black speeder, he's completed Denova HM. Wouldn't it be cool if 16 man HM vets could get a gold speeder, a black light-saber, or a title like "<Insert Name Here>, God Among Men". In other words...there would be no statistical bonuses to doing 16 man raids but doing so would unlock rewards that would earn you some recognition.