Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nightmare Denova

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

pureeffinmetal
06.29.2012 , 07:17 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ewgal View Post
Do you really think just increasing the HP of the bosses and bumping their dmg output is going to really float your boat? As a player who has completed all the Ops content on every difficulty setting, I am more looking for a new operation and world boss or two rather than a new difficulty setting on an old one.

Bioware please put effort into a new content patch for later summer...
No...I don't and I never said that would be enough anywhere in my post...curious as to why you quoted that one...

Quote: Originally Posted by Journeyer View Post
So, I think I get the complaint, but I can't quite agree.

In short, Patch 1.2 was released at the end of April. People had only EV and KP until then, and the game survived.
I totally understand being in nearly all Campaign and wanting to step up to the next challenge ASAP, but I'm not sure that the larger majority of the game population will be there for another month or so. So, I think the 4 bosses will hold us over until the next update, even if they seem a bit underwhelming to you now, and in the long run, we'll get new challenges that are far more satisfying than a quick re-tweaking of the boss HP and damage.

In the meanwhile, is everyone in your guild fully geared up? The guild I'm in regularly splits off members of its lead Ops groups into extra groups for new recruit runs--we toss a few crazy-geared folks in with some guys just getting into Ops, teach them the fights, get them some gear... It definitely ups the challenge, sharpens our own understanding of the fights, gets the guild better geared on the whole, and keeps everyone happy~
Game released with EV + Bonetrasher. KP was release in mid January. Less than a month wait for KP. And 3 months wait for Denova.

3 Months is Going to be up in 2 weeks since Denova was release. And we still don't even have Nightmare for it. That is an issue.

No I don't think it would be enough to just tweak the bosses HP and Damage output. Bioware has even said they want to do more than that.

And yes. Everyone has all their gear except maybe 1 or 2 elusive pieces...like our Sorcerers for example, because the MK2 Force-Lord's Earpiece has never dropped.

So if we have to wait 3 more months for some kind of a new content, that will be almost 6 months on 4 bosses. As others have posted. Raiders have all ready left and are leaving, if we have to continue to wait, more will leave.

I love this game and have no intentions of leaving immediately, but I can't promise I'll want to stick around for another 3 months with no new content. I can only level so many alts and PVP in this game gets real boring, real fast.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Ewgal
06.29.2012 , 10:51 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
3 Months is Going to be up in 2 weeks since Denova was release. And we still don't even have Nightmare for it. That is an issue.
Moan, moan, moan, moan...moan.

Psst! Bioware revealed the next new operation at E3

http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trai...new-reveals-e3

Hopefully not too long to wait since it on main page of this website.
May the farce be with you

Shinaa
06.29.2012 , 11:11 AM | #23
But it is too long, even if 1.4 hits PTS next week, that means at least one month to wait for live and that is even too long.

Wugan
06.29.2012 , 11:34 AM | #24
Seriously though, that phantom Bioware reply icon is just kind of taunting those of us who are impatiently waiting for new and challenging raid content and some detailed information on when we can expect it to launch. We understand that there are plenty of players still working on the current content, but for those of us who have cleared it the lack of timeline on the new stuff makes it very challenging to stay engaged with the game.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Wugan --- Sage

Talorra
06.29.2012 , 12:01 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Shinaa View Post
Interesting, it's shows a BW answer in this thread, but I can't see it. Invisible answers won't help.
Made a screenshot just in case.
I sense a great disturbance in the Force.
M'arik <Intrepid> 16-player Progression The Harbinger
IntrepidOps.com | Live Stream | Recruitment Thread | @Twitter

Ewgal
06.29.2012 , 12:22 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by macumba View Post
I say scrap nightmare altogether in favor of more content.
I can't really see the point of three modes myself. Better to make the difficulty increase on modes as you progress through the Ops, and it does in EC.

How about a tough new world boss to keep everyone ticking over though, that would be fun. Could put it in the Ilum PvP zone since Ilum PvP zone has no real function in game anymore.
May the farce be with you

The-Vortex
06.29.2012 , 04:01 PM | #27
The Bioware post still hasn't shown up yet? Strange..... Could it be that something was said that shouldn't have been and the post got pulled before anyone could see it?
End of Days - Republic - The Progenitor
Varias - 50 Gunslinger
Saris - 50 Jedi Guardian

dipstik
06.29.2012 , 04:02 PM | #28
The lead designer for flashpoints and operations said that only a very small percentage of guilds have echm on farm (which seems very true).

once a reasonable number of group are able to farm echm, then it would be reasonable to expect a content update like you are asking for.

until then... you should just carry alts to get them all bis.

Shinaa
06.29.2012 , 04:16 PM | #29
That was to whole point of nightmare, to keep the players that are too fast for hardmode a bit busy until new content is ready.
If nightmare is balanced as a challenge for those players, the other players that are currently still progressing through hardmode won't be able to do nightmare anyway until better gear with a new tier of content is live.

Somehow I have the feeling they scrapped nightmare mode, because there are only two possible things that can happen:
1) They deliver nightmare mode with a small patch, something like 1.3d, which seems a bit unlikely.
2) They give us nightmare mode with 1.4, but 1.4 was announced to have a new raid already, so what would be the point of it?

The-Vortex
06.29.2012 , 04:51 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Shinaa View Post
2) They give us nightmare mode with 1.4, but 1.4 was announced to have a new raid already, so what would be the point of it?
Actually... you may be on to something there. They could just release nightmare for tier 3 and scrap tier 2 or something.
End of Days - Republic - The Progenitor
Varias - 50 Gunslinger
Saris - 50 Jedi Guardian