Huttball issues.

Sulphid

As a new player to the game, I feel that the team with the most hooking/knockback characters ALWAYS wins the game.

As a Sentinel I do plenty of damage, but in huttball it's not about the damage, it's about sorcerers/bounty hunters being able to constantly hook you down the ledges while you try scoring/knocking you down as you chase them trying to score.

Whenever I see a team consisting of pretty much ONLY those classes, I know it's a loss from the very beginning.

Do I fail at playing, or is it all about lack of cooperation on lower levels? Does it get better at higher levels?

Edited by Sulphid

It does get better in the 50's bracket with regards to teamwork (usually) but that said you still can have a lot of value as a sentinel here, there's a lot of little tricks you can do to circumvent issues such as knockback, your squshiness once defensive cds are up, etc.

Also while your team may be more frustrating in this bracket, the converse is you can often get away with little sneak-things far more often then you would not be able to in the 50's bracket (pit-leap in huttball, force camo for a stealth plant in Void for example).

1.The pit-- If your team lacks a bonafide ballcarrier (i.e. heal-supported tank) then making heavy use of the pit as a ballcarrier can be very useful for a sentinel. Sometimes you catch the other team unawares and leap up out of the pit and have a relatively easy stroll to the goal line. Even if this doesn't work if you let folks know in advance you can get teammates to run into passing position up above you with much less opposition as they are all beating on you down below. If none of that works you can simply spike the ball (pass it to an empty space or pop force camo) and the ball resets but with half their team out of position.

2.Intercept-- If you see a likely pass recipient you can wait until right as the pass is thrown to leap to him, at which point quite often you snag the interception.

3.Fire-- If the other team is too well supported to just chew through a health bar, wait until they are over a fire-grate and leap, quick step backwards, force stasis/choke to hold them in the fire pit and die. Even if you don't have that half second to step back and eat the death along with them the ball will either reset or go to an opposing player who is likely much easier to burn down then the original ballcarrier.

4.Transcendence-- Speed > damage here, whenever the opportunity presents (when it makes sense obviously) utilize the speed boost to help your team

5.Positioning-- Running straight at the opposition rarely goes well, but as a leaper you can go along the sides and jump to the opposition in a strategic fashion (this goes for when your team is on the attack too).

6.Support-- Choke, Awe, and Pacify are as useful as any damage dealers here. Using them in support of your ballcarrier is far more effective then trying to simply beat on that opponent that's attacking your ballcarrier.

Edited by paul_preib

As a new player to the game, I feel that the team with the most hooking/knockback characters ALWAYS wins the game.

As a Sentinel I do plenty of damage, but in huttball it's not about the damage, it's about sorcerers/bounty hunters being able to constantly hook you down the ledges while you try scoring/knocking you down as you chase them trying to score.

Whenever I see a team consisting of pretty much ONLY those classes, I know it's a loss from the very beginning.

Do I fail at playing, or is it all about lack of cooperation on lower levels? Does it get better at higher levels?

Huttball is the warzone that tactics can play a large role in. Civil war is get 2 turrets then rotate back and forth. Voidstar is zerg until a plant or stealth caps the other door. Huttball has a certain knack for distinguishing players who have a great concept of how to play and use the environment vs players that dont.

Those teams can still be beaten. Hell my main is a gunslinger and huttball is still my fav map. Practice and gameplay mechanic understanding will do wonders for you in huttball.

Huttball is the warzone that tactics can play a large role in. Civil war is get 2 turrets then rotate back and forth. Voidstar is zerg until a plant or stealth caps the other door. Huttball has a certain knack for distinguishing players who have a great concept of how to play and use the environment vs players that dont.

Those teams can still be beaten. Hell my main is a gunslinger and huttball is still my fav map. Practice and gameplay mechanic understanding will do wonders for you in huttball.

I think that's the biggest thing-- huttball involves far more "beyond the scoreboard" play then any other, which is a can be a lot of fun or a pain in the keister depending on your mood and willingness.