Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Boosting other players?

06.28.2012 , 07:00 AM | #1
I think I've been boosted by other players before doing flashpoints and heroic. What I mean by this is they've given me some sort of boost based on their own character. Is this correct, and can I do the same for them? I'd like to return the favour if possible

Btw, I'm a lowly level 14 Jedi Sentinel

06.28.2012 , 07:04 AM | #2
Yes, you can do this and it is a very polite thing to do, and should be encouraged.
Basically, each of the 4 base classes in each faction has a unique class buff. As a Sentinel, I seem to recall that yours is a fist on a yellow background, and gives a 5% bonus to some of the stats for 60 minutes.
If you are in a group, and you cast it on one of the group members, then all of the group members in range of you (50 metres or so) will get the buff.
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

06.28.2012 , 07:11 AM | #3
You can also buff someone anywhere/anytime in the game. If I am busy standing around for any reason, I will buff random people as they run by especially in questing areas.

For me it is especially helpful since due to Legacy, all my characters apply all four buffs with the click of a single button.
Amdramnar shot first!

06.28.2012 , 07:38 AM | #4
Just be careful about buffing anyone who's name is green...unless you want to be marked for PvP. Buffing or healing something with a green name is a player flagged for PvP...your action to help them out will flag you for PvP as well. Only buff/heal people with blue names, unless you want to be flagged for PvP.

06.28.2012 , 08:16 AM | #5
Thank you all for your responses! I've gone and tried it out - I'm now able to give 'force might'. Cheers it makes me feel better when I can reciprocate or be proactive