Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PSA: Tell us if you're new to the Flashpoint

Khevar
06.28.2012 , 01:31 PM | #11
I agree. I did Directive 7 for the first time with the group finder, and let everyone know.

We stopped at each major boss and discussed strategy beforehand. Everyone was helpful and we pulled it off.

DiLune
06.28.2012 , 02:09 PM | #12
I totally agree that you should speak up. It helps the whole group when they know you're new.

I am one of those new people to the HM's (not to MMO's or tanking in general) and feel its fair warning. After all, when your tank is blankly staring at an encounter...most groups get a little panicky.

bsmolke
06.28.2012 , 05:29 PM | #13
Please, if you don't know what to do, ask.
I had a group last night that wasn't familiar to the FP (Lost Island) and would not follow instructions. We wiped multiple times because they wouldn't listen to someone who knew what to do.

steave
06.28.2012 , 06:08 PM | #14
Yeah, definitely. The actual tactics are usually pretty simple as long as everyone knows how to play their role, so explaining it to the new guy is very easy. Wiping repeatedly since he don't know what to do though..that's very annoying, and is much more likely to get you kicked then admitting that you're new.
I usually take the time before any boss with special mechanics to ask to make sure everyone know what to do anyway, but it's still appreciated if you tell us from the start.

Tigzie
06.28.2012 , 08:21 PM | #15
Definatly agreed when somone says they havnt done it before its just 2 mins to explain but you get the people who will wait until they die at a boss then claim "noone explained" ....but you said you had done it? lol

I have forgotten some of the bosses myself there is no shame in saying hold up gang cant rememver this guy tacs or just tank and spank?

easy

Dacce
06.28.2012 , 08:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JeffKretz View Post
I agree. I did Directive 7 for the first time with the group finder, and let everyone know.

We stopped at each major boss and discussed strategy beforehand. Everyone was helpful and we pulled it off.
/giggle you said "pulled it off".

on a serious note, well done, I have no issues grouping with people who haven't done it before, as long as they ask it makes it easy.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

Galbatorrix
06.29.2012 , 06:46 AM | #17
I'm a tank. If I don't say "I've never done this one.. does anyone know the fights?", then it'll mean wipes all around. I think that right now, most people realize that a lot of new people are using the tool that haven't done many FPs and they're ok with explaining things. I've done D7 and KoS so far and only 1 group member in both groups had ran a FP since maybe Athiss.

Coriolan_Martius
06.29.2012 , 12:37 PM | #18
I think the onus should be on the group leader, which is almost always the tank. Some people are shy or don't want to incur the uber 'leet player wrath so they stumble through FPs. I have done every FPs, most countless times(on various toons). Yesterday, I ran False Emperor as a tank and died at the BH because the teammates did not interrupt via the console. Thankfully, it was not a wipe because I was able to quickly explain it and the healer resuscitated me.

I think never assume anything and always ask at the start if everyone is on the level. Also, between the nerfs to the FPs and the fact that people are not running level 40 blues anymore, it has been a faceroll fest.

I wonder if I can actualy do LI now ...