Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Is Darth Maul using Seethe here?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Is Darth Maul using Seethe here?

Liquidacid's Avatar


Liquidacid
06.29.2012 , 03:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MalakDawnfire View Post
All I know is that the end of the video he's using the "dying like a chump" tactic.


don't worry he comes back!!!! with robot legs!!!!!....
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
06.29.2012 , 04:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
He actually did use force speed in the novel, he probably used it in the movie to but we never see it because the camera focused on Qui-Gon and Maul until the barriers came up and we see Obi-Wan skid to a halt both times so as not to crash right in.
There is actually a very brief second in the beginning where they use force speed, (Or I may be confusing it with Anakin and Obi-Wan in III, they both start with them infiltrating a ship) the camera is panned way out, but they zip across a hangar covering like 100m in 2 seconds.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

criminalheretic's Avatar


criminalheretic
06.29.2012 , 04:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
I agree, it seems obvious that the developers was inspiret from this.
They actually came right out and said this was modeled after him (in some dev blog before launch), but then they immediately made some comment about him using magic, thus destroying their credibility.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

Mordegrus's Avatar


Mordegrus
06.29.2012 , 06:55 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Alfreska View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-RPy4RRb7Y&t=2m18s

That video leads you to the point where it looks like he is using seethe.
Just wondering if it actually is?
Ha ha!
That's really funny!
Someone should do a mock battle on SWTOR with an Assassin, and two Knights.
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
06.29.2012 , 07:06 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
There is actually a very brief second in the beginning where they use force speed, (Or I may be confusing it with Anakin and Obi-Wan in III, they both start with them infiltrating a ship) the camera is panned way out, but they zip across a hangar covering like 100m in 2 seconds.
Yes but during the lightsaber fight, the camera was focused on Qui-gon and Maul and you see a blurry Obi-Wan in the background running. Plus the distance they covered in the beginning wasn't the same as it was in the fight, if you look at in the fight there was a much bigger gap. Not to mention, Obi-Wan is using a great deal of energy already while fighting plus the force jump he did to get back onto the platform to continue the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePLTFxd0UCQ - At 2:06, you see a blurry Obi-Wan. Then its not until 2:18you see Obi-Wan, though at that point with the fields I doubt he would use force speed because it looks like. That the fields, restart on the timers the moment they open up.

So the end field was already on its timer before the first one opened up. If Obi-Wan had used force speed, he would have crashed right into the field.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Mordegrus's Avatar


Mordegrus
06.29.2012 , 07:29 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes but during the lightsaber fight, the camera was focused on Qui-gon and Maul and you see a blurry Obi-Wan in the background running. Plus the distance they covered in the beginning wasn't the same as it was in the fight, if you look at in the fight there was a much bigger gap. Not to mention, Obi-Wan is using a great deal of energy already while fighting plus the force jump he did to get back onto the platform to continue the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePLTFxd0UCQ - At 2:12, you see a blurry Obi-Wan. Then its not until 2:18you see Obi-Wan, though at that point with the fields I doubt he would use force speed because it looks like. That the fields, restart on the timers the moment they open up.

So the end field was already on its timer before the first one opened up. If Obi-Wan had used force speed, he would have crashed right into the field.
Force speed or no force speed.
The duel was awesome!
(besides Maul getting sliced in half by a Jedi Padawan)
“Equality is a lie…A myth to appease the masses. Simply look around and you will see the lie for what it is! There are those with power, those with the strength and will to lead. And there are those meant to follow—those incapable of anything but servitude and a meager, worthless existence.”

Eternalnight's Avatar


Eternalnight
06.29.2012 , 09:33 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
If Obi-Wan had used force speed
Obi-Wan can't use Force Speed, because he is a Jedi Guardian

platinumruggo's Avatar


platinumruggo
06.29.2012 , 10:05 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by rpicmip View Post
Qui-Gon made several serious mistakes here:
1. Going into a flashpoint with just a companion. Obviously didn't know about the LFG tool.
2. Wearing green gear. I expect with purple he would not have been chopped in half(spoiler).
3. Not binding most of his abilities. I mean, all he really kept spamming there was Strike and Slash. Used Force Jump maybe once. What does he have on his bars? Midichlorian mission scanners?

L2P Qui-Gon. More like Qui-nub amirite?
I LOL'd so hard at this. Funny as hell.

E-Zekiel's Avatar


E-Zekiel
06.29.2012 , 11:57 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
He actually did use force speed in the novel, he probably used it in the movie to but we never see it because the camera focused on Qui-Gon and Maul until the barriers came up and we see Obi-Wan skid to a halt both times so as not to crash right in.
Actually near the beginning of the movie they both use it to get away from a droid stalemate.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
06.30.2012 , 08:14 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by E-Zekiel View Post
Actually near the beginning of the movie they both use it to get away from a droid stalemate.
YES I GET THAT. People really need to stop bringing this up. During the fight, the camera near the field barriers were focused on Qui-Gon and Maul. You only see a blurry and very far Obi-Wan in the background running towards them(more then likely using force speed), in the fight vid I posted you see Obi-Wan at 2:06 and 2:12 while the camera is focused on Qui-Gon and Maul. So who is to really say that Obi-Wan did or didn't use it in the movies?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.