Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Remove stats from color crystals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Remove stats from color crystals

thepilk
12.19.2011 , 09:56 AM | #11
There isnt as many colors in as many stats openly available because the community is still new, as more people play and more people become top end artificers the market will be more and more full with a rainbow of crystals of varying stats.

Right now its a hassle because the rares are still rare, and not as many people are working on being "professional" crafters yet, they are mostly working on crafting for their own use and their circles of friends/guilds as they build their craft. As time goes on though, youll be able to buy whatever stat you want on whatever color easily.

Khadroth
12.19.2011 , 10:25 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by thepilk View Post
There isnt as many colors in as many stats openly available because the community is still new, as more people play and more people become top end artificers the market will be more and more full with a rainbow of crystals of varying stats.

Right now its a hassle because the rares are still rare, and not as many people are working on being "professional" crafters yet, they are mostly working on crafting for their own use and their circles of friends/guilds as they build their craft. As time goes on though, youll be able to buy whatever stat you want on whatever color easily.
I wouldn't say the market would be full. The rare schematics will be... rare. As a 400 Artificer I've only trained orange in the way of rare colors from the vendor. All others will have be hunted down. Even then it's a complete lie to say you'll be able to get whatever stat you want on whatever color you want, easily.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Sotaudi
12.19.2011 , 01:02 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by darqwonders View Post
Seriously, why was this even thought to be a good idea to begin with? You're forcing people to use certain crystals because if they don't keep upgrading, they'll be behind in stats.

I see zero advantage to tying stats to the color of your weapon.

It would be like placing a stat on dyes in other MMOs. It's a terrible idea. It needs to be removed.
Take a moment and think about what you just said.
There are + to stats on my color crystals, making it so I can't change crystals. I would much rather the color crystals be absolutely useless for anything other than changing color so I can change them at will.
Okay, so ignore the stats and use whatever color crystal you want. Bam! You have exactly what you want plus, as bonus, whatever color crystal you choose actually has a stat on it.

Either way, as someone mentioned, all color crystals come with different stats on them. Just get the stats you want on the color you want and the problem is solved.
(██████████████)

thesupermanj
12.19.2011 , 02:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRabbit View Post
Congratulations.

Now how about the Purple, Orange, Black/Blue, Black/Yellow, Black/Red, and White crystals?

Yep, that's kinda why he made this thread.

Congratulations.

Yep, that's kinda why they made rare color crystals.
Squadron 367 (▀!Ξ[▀!▀(Θ)▀!▀]Ξ▀!!██████████████████████████████████) My Saga Began 12/13/11 8:45am

Death_Trap
12.19.2011 , 02:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DevouringPlague View Post
They really should've had colour crystals be stat-neutral and had focusing lenses instead.
I absolutely agree. I also really wish AC was part of an item mod so my tank could wear what I like instead of a mishmash of gear.
. Never Forget

Sykomyke
12.19.2011 , 05:46 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Death_Trap View Post
I absolutely agree. I also really wish AC was part of an item mod so my tank could wear what I like instead of a mishmash of gear.
/facepalm

Armoring mods DO change your armor value. You can insert them into any orange (customizable) gear to keep the look you like while upgrading the stats.

I cannot believe the amount of people who gripe on these forums and yet don't even bother to look around and see what's been said already?
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

Darth_Dynami
12.19.2011 , 09:46 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Sotaudi View Post

Okay, so ignore the stats and use whatever color crystal you want. Bam! You have exactly what you want plus, as bonus, whatever color crystal you choose actually has a stat on it.
This.

I picked up a saber today that had an orange crystal and I wanted red. So what did I do? I asked a low level Artificer in my guild to just make me a red one. I went from a +11 END orange crystal to a +5 Red crystal. 6 End difference is not going to break your character so stop crying.
Charon Xaoc "Don't fear the reaper."