Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Augment Slots - Correct Me If I'm Wrong...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Augment Slots - Correct Me If I'm Wrong...

Tiddymun
06.27.2012 , 09:59 PM | #1
As the default augment slot level for craft-crit items w/slot is MK1... then they have the same value as a non-crit item w/o augment slot... and the item may as well not have a slot in the first place.

If an item doesn't have a slot OR it has a MK1 slot you'll still need a MK6 kit, whatever... in order to upgrade the slot and use a 22 augment (say).

Which then makes a total farce of the Legacy Perk that gives you a total of 3% chance of an augmented result while crafting and costs a total of 350k credits per character for the privilege. Pointless.

Also... there's no way to tell on the GTN what the MK? level of an augment slot is... so no point in upgrading the default slot to MK6 yourself before a sale in order to (legitimately) charge more. Pointless.

Couple this with the pre/post-1.3 augment slot fiasco-ette which wouldn't have been an issue at all had they not tried to add a tier of 'complexity' (AKA grind/moneysink) to the process by using different-tiered MK? kits.

Messed-up thinking.

Why not make the default MK? state of a craft-critted augment item MK6.

It's not rocket-science.

DarthJopeous
06.27.2012 , 10:06 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Tiddymun View Post
As the default augment slot level for craft-crit items w/slot is MK1... then they have the same value as a non-crit item w/o augment slot... and the item may as well not have a slot in the first place.

If an item doesn't have a slot OR it has a MK1 slot you'll still need a MK6 kit, whatever... in order to upgrade the slot and use a 22 augment (say).

Which then makes a total farce of the Legacy Perk that gives you a total of 3% chance of an augmented result while crafting and costs a total of 350k credits per character for the privilege. Pointless.

Also... there's no way to tell on the GTN what the MK? level of an augment slot is... so no point in upgrading the default slot to MK6 yourself before a sale in order to (legitimately) charge more. Pointless.

Couple this with the pre/post-1.3 augment slot fiasco-ette which wouldn't have been an issue at all had they not tried to add a tier of 'complexity' (AKA grind/moneysink) to the process by using different-tiered MK? kits.

Messed-up thinking.

Why not make the default MK? state of a craft-critted augment item MK6.

It's not rocket-science.
Common sense doesn't come to play with the SWTOR crafting system. Critical gear is pointless now. And its funny they didn't even make up new augments for 1.3 just nerfed critical gear to require you to pay to make it usefull. Might as well just do it for non augment gear bioware.

Iwipe
06.28.2012 , 12:26 AM | #3
The devs are looking to it. The default MK tier of an augment slot supposes to corresponds to the item level, not to MK-1. I think the patch tonight was suppose to fix that but it got postponed

Helgarm
06.28.2012 , 06:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
The devs are looking to it. The default MK tier of an augment slot supposes to corresponds to the item level, not to MK-1. I think the patch tonight was suppose to fix that but it got postponed
According to the blurb I read when submitting a ticket about this, an empty slot in an item crafted pre 1.3 is supposed to be of a level with the item. A slot with an augment in it is supposed to have a level either of that of the item, or of that of the augment whichever is higher.

I tested this by removing an augment from an item and then trying to replace the very same augment. It told me the slot needed to be upgraded. Hence the ticket.

Items crafted post 1.3 are fine. I have critted a few and the appropriately leveled augment slots in just fine.

I agree that naturally critted items should have a MK6 slot, regardless of item level. Your level will still restrict the level of augment you can use, and only orange gear is likely to be re-augmented as you level up. This should keep naturally critted gear attractive, which it no longer is. Because who now wishes to suffer the expense of getting hold of such gear, either by making or buying, when you are going to need to pay to upgrade the slot anyway?

H.

legolegion
06.28.2012 , 08:14 AM | #5
to be honest i feal ripped off by this as their no point criting thing anymore so all crew skills have been downgraded

deusBAAL
06.28.2012 , 08:23 AM | #6
My armormech crit-crafted a rakata belt just this morning before the patch. The augment slot said Mk.6 and a Mk6 Aug fitted into it nicely without a table near me.
Pre 1.3 aug slots simply didnt get the MK label, so you have to just guess and try if your aug fits or not, but thats a minor cosmetic thing really.

System works fine.

As with aug kit prices this morning on GTN a critted lvl50 item is worth up to an extra 100k (while the kits cost 70K+ and fitting the kit to the item costs another 30k)
Funny how PVP folks strive to become the best PK, while PVE folks know that PKs are just really really bad players.

Walking-Carpet
06.28.2012 , 09:18 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by deusBAAL View Post
Pre 1.3 aug slots simply didnt get the MK label, so you have to just guess and try if your aug fits or not, but thats a minor cosmetic thing really.

System works fine.
No, it doesn't work fine. It may work fine in some cases, but in many cases pre-1.3 crit-crafted items will not accept augments of the appropriate level, or even augments of lower levels.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=491323

DarthJopeous
06.28.2012 , 09:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by deusBAAL View Post
My armormech crit-crafted a rakata belt just this morning before the patch. The augment slot said Mk.6 and a Mk6 Aug fitted into it nicely without a table near me.

System works fine.

As with aug kit prices this morning on GTN a critted lvl50 item is worth up to an extra 100k (while the kits cost 70K+ and fitting the kit to the item costs another 30k)
Nope doesn't work for Battlemaster augment gear. I don't care about darn belts, I rather worry about having my regular armor accepting augments.

GnatB
06.28.2012 , 10:47 AM | #9
I agree, it really needs to show the augment slot type in the tooltip, to avoid confusion in buyers at least. That being said, new stuff *is* working correctly. Any augmented belt/bracer (and non BM/WH glove/boot) on the GTN is safe to buy, assuming it's lvl 49-50.

'Course, as I noticed last night when checking to see if I needed to do a price comparison on the lvl 50 augmented bracer I put up for sale, that doesn't stop scammers from putting up augmented lvl 27 bracers for lvl 50 bracer prices.

That being said, pretty sure you wouldn't be able to "pre-augment slot" stuff to sell at a higher price anyways. Adding the slot is supposed to bind the item, which would make it unsellable.

Icebergy
06.28.2012 , 10:49 AM | #10
I was under the impression that augment slots from crits scaled with the level of the item that you are crafting. For example, a level 50 green crit would yield a mk-6 augment slot.
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 2/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant