Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

HM Ops Enrage timer changed?

Woetoo
06.28.2012 , 05:53 AM | #11
Same here.

We did 8man KP last night on hardmode after failing to kill Bonethrasher on Nightmare at the beginning of the night (surprised us to say the least). We were doubly surprised when we hit the enrage timer on every boss for the remainder of the night at maybe 10-12% on hardmode. Until 1.3 we would normally one shot everything. Everyone is in almost full Rakatta gear, but we haven't gone mad on augment slots yet (maybe we need to).

We compared combat logs from KP before 1.3 and after 1.3 and overall we're not really seeing a DPS reduction for the classes we checked. But overall, something is going on.

I was wondering, do you have a raid group made up by lots of a single class? We have ended up with a lot of Bounty Hunters, Mercs and Powertechs. I'm wondering if perhaps we're suffering because we don't have a diverse raid composition.

Given how many Bounty Hunters we normally run with, I can imagine the lack of 20% armour reduction from Tracer Missile stacking from 3 Bounty Hunters might be what is causing us issues. But we've not got those other classes to provide those other buffs/debuffs that would get us back to not being troubled by the enrage timers.

Nice to hear concern posted here. We were beginning to think it was just us.

This line intentionally left blank
Darth Baras: I do not appreciate your doubt. I expect unwavering respect at all times.
I actually laughed out loud.

My SW:TOR Passions : SWTOR is F2P in name only - Varied Choices Within FPs/Ops - Cross Faction Guilds - Better Guild List Panel

Kil-Gorbane
06.28.2012 , 07:36 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Woetoo View Post
Same here.

We did 8man KP last night on hardmode after failing to kill Bonethrasher on Nightmare at the beginning of the night (surprised us to say the least). We were doubly surprised when we hit the enrage timer on every boss for the remainder of the night at maybe 10-12% on hardmode. Until 1.3 we would normally one shot everything. Everyone is in almost full Rakatta gear, but we haven't gone mad on augment slots yet (maybe we need to).

We compared combat logs from KP before 1.3 and after 1.3 and overall we're not really seeing a DPS reduction for the classes we checked. But overall, something is going on.

I was wondering, do you have a raid group made up by lots of a single class? We have ended up with a lot of Bounty Hunters, Mercs and Powertechs. I'm wondering if perhaps we're suffering because we don't have a diverse raid composition.

Given how many Bounty Hunters we normally run with, I can imagine the lack of 20% armour reduction from Tracer Missile stacking from 3 Bounty Hunters might be what is causing us issues. But we've not got those other classes to provide those other buffs/debuffs that would get us back to not being troubled by the enrage timers.

Nice to hear concern posted here. We were beginning to think it was just us.

This line intentionally left blank
Actually it is my understanding that other classes' armor debuff will not be applied either. Not only do they not stack, but they do not mix with other similar debuffs. If I misunderstood this concept, please someone clarify it. I believe only one debuff type will be applied; so if you have 2 troopers and 2 guards ONLY 1 armor debuff will be applied (grav round or sundering strike, but not both) where as in 1.2 we could have had 2 grav rounds AND 2 Sundering Armors.
Olinn | Draconiss
<Lego My Wookiees>

pureeffinmetal
06.28.2012 , 07:44 AM | #13
We cleared HM EC On Tuesday in about an hour and half with no issues (except annoying lag spurts).

I suspect if your DPS was relying on armor debuffs there will be a small adjustment. Perhaps you might find some are not as skilled as you might have though, but I don't suspect this to be the case for Top-End guilds. Mostly they will have just pay attention a bit more =P.

That being said I tried pugging HM EV on my alt and they couldn't beat Annihilation droid because he was hard enraging before the final missile salvo. I suspect skill was the issue in this case though...
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

JRonnie
06.30.2012 , 05:28 AM | #14
I know we're a little further down the pecking order, but definitely noticing this tonight as well. Generally the same level of crew we normally take on EV HM, and whilst we would generally not have any issue with the enrage timer on the first robot boss, we're hitting it consistently tonight.

It would be nice to know if making this harder is WAI or whether they just didn't take this in to account when they nerfed overall dps through the non-stacking debuffs as well as nerfing JK dps.

Retneprac
06.30.2012 , 05:50 AM | #15
The only problem my crew has had since the patch has been taking down the Nightmare Pilgrim.... We've done it 5 weeks in a row, then this week.... nothing... We are short about 800k dps... with the same crew... We eventually said screw it... Oh, and we're all geared BH/Campaign + augments. No idea how we can come up 800k short, but I think it's a farce what they've done. I didn't see anything wrong with it the way it was.

pure_laced
06.30.2012 , 09:41 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Retneprac View Post
The only problem my crew has had since the patch has been taking down the Nightmare Pilgrim.... We've done it 5 weeks in a row, then this week.... nothing... We are short about 800k dps... with the same crew... We eventually said screw it... Oh, and we're all geared BH/Campaign + augments. No idea how we can come up 800k short, but I think it's a farce what they've done. I didn't see anything wrong with it the way it was.
What was your group makeup? We did it this week with 3 tanks, 5 healers, 8 dps and didn't have an issue. I think your dps are severely slacking.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

NasherUK
06.30.2012 , 10:03 AM | #17
The damage nerfs were only slight. But the longer a fight is the more difference it makes.

Also when you factor in a whole Ops group it adds up to be quite a bit. When they make tight enrage timers, they need to re-balance them if they nerf or buff damage otherwise gear requirements etc change. They don't seem to be doing that :/

Kaisies
06.30.2012 , 10:21 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by NasherUK View Post
The damage nerfs were only slight. But the longer a fight is the more difference it makes.

Also when you factor in a whole Ops group it adds up to be quite a bit. When they make tight enrage timers, they need to re-balance them if they nerf or buff damage otherwise gear requirements etc change. They don't seem to be doing that :/
-40% armor x 12 people dpsing isn't slight.

Brittaany_Banks
06.30.2012 , 10:22 AM | #19
Why are people complaining about this? Aren't these supposed to be challenging? The minute they are not and people are able to sleepwalk through them is when they start complaining about the content being too easy.

Guess its really true you can not please everyone. SOMEONE is going to complain about something.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?

Jackobite
06.30.2012 , 10:27 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
Why are people complaining about this? Aren't these supposed to be challenging? The minute they are not and people are able to sleepwalk through them is when they start complaining about the content being too easy.

Guess its really true you can not please everyone. SOMEONE is going to complain about something.
are you complaining about ... nvm

Not alot of fun going into hmev and seeing soa wipe us after consistantly defeating it with our usuall team, one group crys its all so easy and the devs make it harder, why shouldnt the other side moan when it gets too hard for them?
CE