Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paid Character Transfers now plz!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Paid Character Transfers now plz!

MadBlue
06.30.2012 , 08:30 AM | #21
It would be nice if they allowed limited free transfers to any destination server once the targeted free transfer period is over. By "limited," I mean "one free transfer per character". That way people could consolidate their legacies, play with friends, or move to a server where their character names aren't taken. It would probably address the concerns of most of the people who haven't moved yet as well as those not happy on their destination server.

After that, paid transfers and free promotional transfers as usual.

Coltimar
06.30.2012 , 10:05 PM | #22
I'm patiently waiting for the dust to settle on free servers. I started on a PVP server with friends, who quit. Rerolled on a PVE server with West Coast friends, who quit. No I"m rocking a sweet daytime raiding guild and would love to have my Jugg and Marauder join my sorcerer and BH. I would be willing to pay for it if it isn't offered for free, but one free xfer would be very nice of Bioware. It would fix mistakes like these.

VulcanLogic
07.01.2012 , 12:39 AM | #23
You know, they should do free transfers from any server to any server you already have a level 50 on. This would settle the population "problems" that might be created with a go anywhere system, because you're either transferring alts or creating one (the one already there). It would also make a lot of us happy. Paid service for anything else would be ok.
Yo. Droid companions need an operations vendor, too. My extra coms have to go somewhere, and I'd prefer SCORPIO to Kaliyo.

KahlessUK
07.01.2012 , 06:11 AM | #24
/bumpity bump!

Yes please...

sith_broken
07.01.2012 , 11:29 AM | #25
I just want to be able to leave my current server from The Shawdowlands (PVE EAST) to The Bastion (PVP WEST). I live on the west coast and I started with friends who played on the east coast. They have since moved on or got bored with the game. I still have one friend who i still play with who i know irl. We both want to move from the server. We even rolled on the new server we want to play on, but it sucks that we have to create new toons while we wait to transfer over. I want some type of transfer that will allow me and my friend to transfer to a server of our choosing. BIOWARE PLEASE let us pick our server type and location.

This is frustrating that we can't move our toons from east to west and different server types. I don't want to be trapped on a server that I no longer have a guild or people i can play with. A paid transfer is probably in the works for this issue but honestly a 1 time move for my toon would be awesome. I already have my legacy established which can be transferred to the new server.

Ulran
07.01.2012 , 12:41 PM | #26
You are not the only one, It's 10 minutes before the Euro final match and there is a 45 minute queue to get on my server. You would have thought it would have been a bit quieter this evening because of that, but I still have to queue!

Now the server i wanted to transfer to because the one group of friends who still play this game is heavy but no queue. If they let me move to the server i wanted to then it would balance out of the population, and I would be able to play with the friends I want, with the characters I want.

Lets be honest they only thing they care about is . If you want them to take notice then take off the automatic renewal off your subcription. Just setup a 1 month subscription, cancel after 1 day which will let you put a reason and still play for the remaining 29 days. You can then make the decision each month if bioware are delivering enough to renew each month.

I've got another 2 weeks, I'll probably pay for another month BUT I will cancel after 1 day and my reason will be the unavailabilty to play on ther server I want with the characters I want. i.e. paid transfers and of course the constant queuing. Unless those are both solved, I won't be paying for a second month.

Making your feeling know with your subcription, as the only thing they care about is the .
Xerxies Powertech Server: Lord Calypo RP-PVP EU

Senatsu
07.01.2012 , 03:37 PM | #27
Why are people so desperate to pay for transfers? If you guys read interviews you would have noticed Emmanuel saying that they will remain free, unlike some other MMOs. What you guys are ************ about is when they will open the transfers to more servers in different directions, and I'm right there with you.

Drysdale
07.01.2012 , 05:12 PM | #28
They put out a game that can't hold a subscription base, people quit and I'm left with toons on servers with people I don't know when I could be on servers with people I do know, but I can't.
Forum Social Rank: 0
Forum Valor Rank: 63
Forum PvP kills: 237

Knockerz
07.01.2012 , 05:41 PM | #29
Yes, I want to pay to transfer my three 50's to a server of my choice.

Exsidium
07.02.2012 , 09:28 AM | #30
Bump.
Since the mod killed my post, this is the only active post on the subject now. Need more people to show their support of this much needed feature and to voice their opinions on it.. We aren't looking for a handout, just a much needed feature that we will pay for.. Or maybe a little more information on plans for it?