Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paid Character Transfers now plz!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Paid Character Transfers now plz!

Ratajack
06.28.2012 , 05:59 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by E-Zekiel View Post
Settle down? It's been two weeks. Pretty much everybody that's gonna transfer has transferred.

This stuff needs to get moving. I am tired of waiting. I was waiting for months, only to be told that my two main characters are my only characters not able to be transferred, because I happened to roll them on a separate server, and decided to consolidate now. I'm being held back from raiding because of this.
I highly doubt you are being held back from raiding because you have 2 50's on another server. If you are being held back because your friends/guild are min/max'ers and require all gear to be augmented, that has nothing to do with your 50's on another server. Before you start complaining that you NEED those 50's for their crafting skills, I'm betting that you had plenty of time and opportunity on your current server to level toons with those same crafting skills. If you are going to complain about a lack of credits to purchase augment kits/augments, it's not like BW dropped this on you last minute. There has been plenty of time and ample opportunity to farm credits in order to be in a better position, financially.

TLDR: I'm betting it has more to do with a lack of effort on your part than a lack of paid transfer's on BW's.

Benets
06.28.2012 , 08:16 PM | #12
It should have free transfer all the time. You could transfer free once each 15 days or a month. And you think it's weird and no company do that?
It isnt true, rift you can free transfer once a week.
- "Do or do not, there's no try" -
Benets
aka
Mxyzptlk

ThroneOfOP
06.28.2012 , 08:30 PM | #13
I think before offering paid transfers.. BIOWARE needs to display a more accurate POP number for each server..

Why? Last thing i want to see is ppl complaining they (paid) transferred to another dead server or to another over populated one..

LordTalkron
06.28.2012 , 08:37 PM | #14
Guys they totally borked the free transfers. To over populated now. Why would you pay to move only to have to wait in a Que to get into the game.

"Settle In" I hope that means large group of peeps quit so the server will be more stable

Comstrike
06.28.2012 , 09:51 PM | #15
With respect, I don't see why they would. We know this is going to end with a lot of servers being fully merged. Why would they let people pay to go where they want, only to have them kvetch about being merged later, to possibly where they didn't want to go?

Not offering them makes total sense at this specific point in time. Figure a couple months after they finally announce what servers are shutting down. Only then can the give you a menu of what places you could go to. And in truth, that is only fair to those of us that accepted the writing on the wall and bailed on the "origin" servers.
Comstrike
Founder, Leader, Sons Of Numenor & Scions of Koribban| LOTRO - SWTOR - GW2 - STO - World of Tanks | GalacticHolonetNews

DragonAgeOrgins
06.28.2012 , 10:08 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by E-Zekiel View Post
Settle down? It's been two weeks. Pretty much everybody that's gonna transfer has transferred.

This stuff needs to get moving. I am tired of waiting. I was waiting for months, only to be told that my two main characters are my only characters not able to be transferred, because I happened to roll them on a separate server, and decided to consolidate now. I'm being held back from raiding because of this.
Not true. I just recently had transferred after re-subbing. If they stopped the transfer a week before I came back. I came back on Tuesday. Then I would have been lost. BTW my old server had maybe ONE person or three on Imperial fleet.

My new server is always heavy. A big improvement.

Isaiahsdad
06.28.2012 , 10:12 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Took me less than 5 mins to figure out my new server was full of wow kids and not a really good place to be...

For god's sake let me escape this insane asylum ...

No difference in " wow kids " then in " Swtor kids " It's the internet their all the same!

Deyjarl
06.28.2012 , 10:20 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Took me less than 5 mins to figure out my new server was full of wow kids and not a really good place to be...

For god's sake let me escape this insane asylum ...
Every server has them.

But just because you made a quick decision doesn't mean it's the best choice for them to immediately jump into paid transfers.
Friend reference, you get 7 daysof free subscription,
free character transfer, and items mailed to all your characters.
http://www.swtor.com/r/GLDSHl

InnerPieces
06.29.2012 , 12:53 AM | #19
I'm amazed you guys are so willing.. no, eager to throw more money at BioWare for a service that hasn't run it's full course yet. All they've done so far is overpopulate a few, select servers for free. I'm still waiting for the chance to consolidate my characters and finally end up on the same server as friends from other games for free. This issue was due to the ill-advised way BioWare handled the servers at launch. Maybe once that is corrected a paid system would make sense. Before then, we really need the opportunity to resolve this on-going, known issue.

After all I've paid so far (and continue to pay) there is no way I'm going to pay extra money for that resolution.

You shouldn't either.

Once that issue is resolved, BioWare, make 'em pay. Not before.
Quote:
"..Rise of the Hutt Cartel continues your character's story....No class specific storylines, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
Funny. I thought the implementation of the Cartel Store was the Rise of the Hutt Cartel. And no, I do not like what that story has to offer. I keep getting screwed in it.

E-Zekiel
06.29.2012 , 11:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
I highly doubt you are being held back from raiding because you have 2 50's on another server. If you are being held back because your friends/guild are min/max'ers and require all gear to be augmented, that has nothing to do with your 50's on another server. Before you start complaining that you NEED those 50's for their crafting skills, I'm betting that you had plenty of time and opportunity on your current server to level toons with those same crafting skills. If you are going to complain about a lack of credits to purchase augment kits/augments, it's not like BW dropped this on you last minute. There has been plenty of time and ample opportunity to farm credits in order to be in a better position, financially.

TLDR: I'm betting it has more to do with a lack of effort on your part than a lack of paid transfer's on BW's.
Yes, because it's reasonable to expect someone to level the exact same character, exact same spec, and be the same in every regard, get a full set of PVP/raid gear again. Totally reasonable.

No, this is on BW's part. A person should not be expected to play the exact same experience multiple times.