Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paid Character Transfers now plz!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Paid Character Transfers now plz!

Liamnerek
06.27.2012 , 05:51 PM | #1
The new race to get augment slots has really increased my desire to get all my 50's on the same server due to crafting issues. I leveled 2 50's (with highly desirable crafting skills) and a few other toons about half way when I finally found that some friends from and old guild in another game had been playing on another server. Since there were more of them there, I leveled another of my favorite class to 50. Then transfers were announced and of course with the origin/destination route given, my old characters are still stuck on what is now an empty server. I would GLADLY pay to get them to where I am now. Now that the server population has been moved to a smaller server base, please let the paid transfer service begin. It's a revenue stream and customer service issue that Bioware should not take for granted.

Deyjarl
06.27.2012 , 06:36 PM | #2
The free ones really need to settle down first.
Friend reference, you get 7 daysof free subscription,
free character transfer, and items mailed to all your characters.
http://www.swtor.com/r/GLDSHl

Graydon
06.27.2012 , 08:20 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Deyjarl View Post
What exactly about the free transfers need to settle down?

MouseNoFour
06.27.2012 , 08:22 PM | #4
This should be here by now, at least in my honest opinion. My guess is, they are holding it back for a very good reason - whether they are correct or not is another thing.
My time card ends on December 5th. I have no intent to subscribe, let alone play, after i have completed all 9 episodes of KotFE. Likely i will subscribe for a single month to finish off the ''season'', play what remains and then say good bye to SWTOR until the END of the next season. Enjoy Bioware!

Jonoku
06.27.2012 , 08:30 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by MouseNoFour View Post
This should be here by now, at least in my honest opinion. My guess is, they are holding it back for a very good reason - whether they are correct or not is another thing.
sick of things getting pushed back, they already pushed back ranked warzones into 1.3. Don't get all defensive now I'm cancelling and coming back until the game is in good condition to feel massive.

E-Zekiel
06.27.2012 , 10:15 PM | #6
Settle down? It's been two weeks. Pretty much everybody that's gonna transfer has transferred.

This stuff needs to get moving. I am tired of waiting. I was waiting for months, only to be told that my two main characters are my only characters not able to be transferred, because I happened to roll them on a separate server, and decided to consolidate now. I'm being held back from raiding because of this.

Drysdale
06.27.2012 , 10:19 PM | #7
+1

I re-rolled with some friends on another server cause the one I was on was dead. Now I'm leveling a toon with no benefit of legacy, no money, no legacy XP from leveling. The infrastructure is there for paid transfers, why aren't these here?

There likely aren't going to be a lot of people wanting to pay, so it's not like they need to "prepare" for this. BW just lacks the skill to run an MMO.
Forum Social Rank: 0
Forum Valor Rank: 63
Forum PvP kills: 237

Deyjarl
06.28.2012 , 05:24 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
What exactly about the free transfers need to settle down?
Let people settle in and see if they like those servers first. Then offer up the paid ones.
Friend reference, you get 7 daysof free subscription,
free character transfer, and items mailed to all your characters.
http://www.swtor.com/r/GLDSHl

Roalmo
06.28.2012 , 05:44 PM | #9
Let people settle in and see if they like those servers first. Then offer up the paid ones.
Took me less than 5 mins to figure out my new server was full of wow kids and not a really good place to be...

For god's sake let me escape this insane asylum ...

dagrouch
06.28.2012 , 05:51 PM | #10
Yes please! Friends who play with friends often tend to sub a long time. it's when they aren't playing with their real life friends that they are more unlikely to unsub.