Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Are you pretty social in-game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Are you pretty social in-game?

Summjedi
06.27.2012 , 05:45 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
That describes me pretty much to a tee! How social I am (outside of guild, that is) depends on what character I am playing. Having never played a tank before, I avoid groups on my mid-level Juggernaut and have relegated him to being my "solo alt" and getting in my tanking fun by keeping Quinn from being mauled. But on my Scoundrel healer I am more relaxed about grouping 'cause I am quite familiar with the class and have played in groups quite a bit.

Basically, I play to have fun, and the potential for getting cursed at and insulted by random people makes me less social. I will chat and be nice in a party, though there is usually such filth and trolling in general chat lately that I don't talk in it (if I did, I might give into the urge to scold someone for being so crude and misogynistic, lol).
If you can keep Quinn out of trouble, you can probably tank for live folks easier. They're better at going defensive to allow you to get aggro back.

Back to the socializing, being a mediocre tank (like me) isn't that bad, so long as you don't pretend you're good at it and then mess up. Most of the groups I've been with are fine with a green tank, as long as they know I'm green before they've run their combo and run aggro beyond the tank's ability to pull.

Januaria
06.28.2012 , 09:58 AM | #12
No.

verymediocre
06.28.2012 , 10:24 AM | #13
I typically try to be, but it's not always easy.

Sad to say, but it's typically seeing someone trolling in General that gets a conversation started (even with me), if only to make it obvious that they're just trollin'. That usually develops into a full blown conversation once folks feel like there's someone talking who wont lambaste them just for speaking up, which is nice though occasionally distracting.

Generally though, I chitchat while I'm on a speeder or something but I focus on playing the game otherwise.
I draw a comic. You should check it out.

PinkiePiePower
06.28.2012 , 12:43 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
That describes me pretty much to a tee! How social I am (outside of guild, that is) depends on what character I am playing. Having never played a tank before, I avoid groups on my mid-level Juggernaut and have relegated him to being my "solo alt" and getting in my tanking fun by keeping Quinn from being mauled. But on my Scoundrel healer I am more relaxed about grouping 'cause I am quite familiar with the class and have played in groups quite a bit.

Basically, I play to have fun, and the potential for getting cursed at and insulted by random people makes me less social. I will chat and be nice in a party, though there is usually such filth and trolling in general chat lately that I don't talk in it (if I did, I might give into the urge to scold someone for being so crude and misogynistic, lol).
This EXACTLY! I randomly got a request to group up on my Tropper healer recently, and I hadn't done a FP with her before. I'm specced healer, and I thought I had a good understanding on the spells, but I just couldn't keep the group up. I'm not experienced on SWTOR, so I can't exactly say why we died like I could on other MMOs. Two of the people in the group stared insulting me. I'm a sensitive person, I cry when I get kicked out of groups or yelled at for doing poorly (or potentially them doing poorly, as was the case most of the time when I played WoW).

I just don't understand why people take it so seriously. It's a game, it's for fun. And frankly, I'm a natural healer and I'm typically pretty damn good. Maybe the Trooper class just isn't going to work out for me.