Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mouse Sensitivity : Smoothing / Acceleration

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Mouse Sensitivity : Smoothing / Acceleration

Crelkoom
12.18.2011 , 06:40 PM | #1
**I"M NOT ASKING HOW TO CHANGE MOUSE Smoothing / Acceleration***

EDIT:***ALSO, to Clarify, I'm talking about when you hold down right click and move your camera around your character in game***

BUT,

I am asking WHEN will BIOWARE add these options:

-turn OFF mouse smoothing.

-turn OFF mouse acceleration (completely)

Honestly, I really can't believe there isn't an option for this. Here's my analogies:

1. Character creation screen. To orbit around your character there is this brutal smoothing and lag/weirdness delay. It's like having your character on a turntable, but you're turning him with two long pieces of Twizzlers instead of your f'n hands.

2. Playing this game is like driving a big heavy car, and each time you turn the wheel it doesn't actually turn for .5 to 1 second AFTER you turn... Those who PVP mostly will appreciate this problem.

It's funny, I was sooooo looking forward to playing this game, but I honestly can't get passed this mouse/camera/smoothing/delay BS. I'm just waiting for them to fix it because it's that frustrating.

So, anyone have any feedback on when Bioware is fixing this, so I give this game a good run.

Thank you!

midnyt
12.18.2011 , 06:43 PM | #2
True. The mouse lag is annoying. Playable but you'll end up opting to not use a mouse for turning which is bad if you PVP or are used using the mouse for turning.

Just hoping the patch it up sooner rather than later.

But I am having a great time with the game. Thanks Bioware
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!

Crelkoom
12.21.2011 , 03:48 AM | #3
48 hour bump.

Anyone know of news that bioware will add the option to REMOVE mouse smoothing?

Kyris_Xiandrii
01.09.2012 , 04:29 PM | #4
I really wish we could get a response from bioware RE: the mouse smoothing issue... really is putting many people off swtor, including me =_=
Kyris // Lethality Sniper // Kellian Jarro [PVE] // My Sniper Video

GeneralChat
02.07.2012 , 09:13 PM | #5
I'd like to see an option for this too. How can ANYONE play with mouse smoothing/acceleration on? The camera smoothing is annoying too, it's way too slow, I'd rather it be fast and exact like when turning using the keyboard.

autyswtor
02.17.2012 , 12:11 AM | #6
Bump for a fix, it's a deal breaker for me.

iResist
02.17.2012 , 12:33 AM | #7
If you are having mouse lag, it's your system/preferences.

I was getting mouse lag when I had "shader complexity" turned on, had to turn it to low and it stopped my mouse lag completely.

As for mouse smoothing/acceleration... i don't have any of that. so it must be your computer or some setting that you have on.

grezgorz
03.19.2012 , 09:28 PM | #8
Very annoyed that this hasn't been fixed yet.

JaggedOne
03.19.2012 , 10:11 PM | #9
I don't have any mouse lag, I can completely rotate my character 360 degrees in both directions, and it is very smooth and steady. And this is with a 3-yr old mouse that is about worn out. I have everything cranked to max in Graphics, incl. Bloom turned on. I get 110 FPS most places, and 85-90 in Fleet. So it isn't the game, my friends
Never ask permission when you can beg forgiveness later !!

alderdale
03.19.2012 , 11:00 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by iResist View Post
If you are having mouse lag, it's your system/preferences.

I was getting mouse lag when I had "shader complexity" turned on, had to turn it to low and it stopped my mouse lag completely.

As for mouse smoothing/acceleration... i don't have any of that. so it must be your computer or some setting that you have on.
Just stop it, no no its not a "its your computer thing", you dont get it because your not sensitive to the effects. We that are have done everything available to reduce it but it still lingers. Your lack of perceiveing its presense is similar to the people that run around at 15 fps and say the game runs good for me "its your computer".