Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oh look another MMO Lacking healers...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Oh look another MMO Lacking healers...

Shodori
12.18.2011 , 06:39 PM | #1
LF heals...

Bioware made a mistake making the base group 4 players..

you now only have 1 tank and 1 healer supporting 2 dps.

People always make dps they are like a swarm of locusts.. Should have had 1 tank and one heal to support 4 DPS to alleviate this.

Oh wait didn't wanna clone other MMO's I see.. well you just made alot more dps unavailable for groups.

So what bonus you gonna give players to hit 3 heal buttons over and over again and ignore all their other 20 abilities?

MorbidAri
12.18.2011 , 06:41 PM | #2
Then dps learn to step up and take a healer or tank role, or they wait in trade chat for a group.

XaeroT
12.18.2011 , 06:42 PM | #3
My guard always goes to a healer. However this healer is also in my guild and we win 90% of warzones with our 3 man groups (3rd character is a sage).

Only takes 3 people to turn a warzone if your good enough.

Zengrok
12.18.2011 , 06:42 PM | #4
Not sure I agree.

I don't see a problem specifically, but that's because I'm a healer.

What I find interesting though, is most group content I join there's never any talk of who's healing. There's just this assumption that 1 of the 4 is a healer. I see that more often than not.

KithPine
12.18.2011 , 06:43 PM | #5
You know I've seen so many LFG DPS it is sort of funny, and with so many classes that can off spec heal, there isn't really that much of a need heals problem. The lack of heals is mostly in the mind of the player.

taekwondoboy
12.18.2011 , 06:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MorbidAri View Post
Then dps learn to step up and take a healer or tank role, or they wait in trade chat for a group.
This.

Thradar
12.18.2011 , 06:43 PM | #7
This is why my first character is a healer. I cleaned up in Esseles runs, and plan on cleaning up in pretty much every heroic, FP, and Operation in the future. Zero competition for drops.

BlazingShadow
12.18.2011 , 06:44 PM | #8
companion healers arent half-bad TBH. better than the healer I had to kick out of my Hammer Station grp 30min ago.

Lvlancer
12.18.2011 , 06:44 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Shodori View Post
LF heals...

Bioware made a mistake making the base group 4 players..

you now only have 1 tank and 1 healer supporting 2 dps.

People always make dps they are like a swarm of locusts.. Should have had 1 tank and one heal to support 4 DPS to alleviate this.

Oh wait didn't wanna clone other MMO's I see.. well you just made alot more dps unavailable for groups.

So what bonus you gonna give players to hit 3 heal buttons over and over again and ignore all their other 20 abilities?
This seems like a troll post or just grasping for something to complain about, cause Ive done every group mission Ive come across and yet to have any issue with healing tanking or DPS

Serrazel
12.18.2011 , 06:44 PM | #10
Well lower level flashpoints were no problem for a damage specced Sorcerer to heal AND deal dmg. Not one encounter I had to heal non-stop so far, but I have to admit I only played 3 or 4 Flashpoints up until now, because the group finding process takes too long to be worth it atm

In PvP Healing is rewarded by an extra medal, so I tend to heal others in certain situations.

Different classes are able to heal and there are capable healing companions. If you really have a problem in your flashpoints and absolutely can't find a healer, try to go with your healing companion.