Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the prices to swap mods are still high

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
the prices to swap mods are still high
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eommer
06.27.2012 , 07:54 AM | #1
imho, I think the prices are still high. Special if you are that player that like to do some tests.
Yesterday with the augments kits I spend over 500k just to swap mods.

I was thinking in swap my Overkill Augments to Str/End to do some tests now on my dmg but that will cost too much for all my 8 pieces. So, Im not doing.

swap mods and play with your gear should not cost more 3k for piece at all.

please, sign up if you agree.

Anosa
06.27.2012 , 07:56 AM | #2
i agree, they need dropped quite a bit
Meow

FlippinFlapJack
06.27.2012 , 07:57 AM | #3
I have never understood why it costs credits to pull a mod out of a piece of gear. Is it just another credit sink?

I am completely serious, can someone please explain what the intended benefit to the game is by charging players to remove mods from their gear?
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

Eommer
06.27.2012 , 08:00 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
I have never understood why it costs credits to pull a mod out of a piece of gear. Is it just another credit sink?

I am completely serious, can someone please explain what the intended benefit to the game is by charging players to remove mods from their gear?
100% agree too. For me should be free for players "play around" with gear.
I said 3k just to not inflame some troll...

Hunny_Bun
06.27.2012 , 08:01 AM | #5
I like credit sinks but this one just happers fundamental game play.

Please get rid of the cost

Galbatorrix
06.27.2012 , 08:03 AM | #6
With all of the legacy perks already being a credit sink, I'm not sure why Bioware still makes us pay for this either. I love changing my appearance, but I don't do it often due to the cost. They really do need to lower the cost more or make it free.

Gungan
06.27.2012 , 08:05 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hunny_Bun View Post
I like credit sinks but this one just happers fundamental game play.

Please get rid of the cost
Seriously. I spent nearly a million credits last night just augmenting and moving mods. You can't make that much money that fast without spending hours doing dailies in this game anyways.

Also, thank you slicers for making the price of mats needed to craft augs 4x what they were 2 months ago. It makes the price of augs even more prohibitvely higher if any profit is to be made.

Hey BioWare, way to make every crafter of augs (3 different professions already requiring 2 specific gather skills) dependent on materials that only come from one source (slicing).

Razdek
06.27.2012 , 08:06 AM | #8
This is one of about 10 000 reasons as to why i unsubbed today... But its prett high up there. If they made this free, id consider returning.

thebigdmkilla
06.27.2012 , 08:20 AM | #9
I was really looking forward to social gear this patch, but alas.. I do not want to do dailies for 2 weeks to swap all my mods out. Too bad, so sad..I really think they should lower the cost to like 5k, or get rid of it all together, It doesn't make any sense.
One Knight Stand - Previous guild leader for the best guild ever. Now just a random guy trying to find the best PvP players out there

FourTwent
06.27.2012 , 08:22 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post

it is just another credit sink. it's one targeted toward the end game players that want to optimize their gear(im assuming bioware has metrics where they believe this audience has a higher credit gain than they're comfortable with)

Quote: Originally Posted by Razdek View Post
This is one of about 10 000 reasons as to why i unsubbed today... But its prett high up there. If they made this free, id consider returning.
such a funny reason to quit a game, to quit an MMO none the less where you can make credits through so many different outlets