Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor and Palpatine

BrandonSM
06.28.2012 , 03:20 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post

Snip Snip .
This. And I'm also going to go ahead and say, pretty much any Sith from the Banite Sith Order could most likely take on any Sith Lord before them except forr probably 3 or 4.

Yeah I said it..
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

_biddan_
06.28.2012 , 03:32 PM | #22
i would love to see them fighting.

Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
Lived for 1400 years in hiding..
during these years he planned and plotted,he became like a god for the sith.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

BrandonSM
06.28.2012 , 03:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
i would love to see them fighting.

during these years he planned and plotted,he became like a god for the sith.
And Palpatine took 80 years to takeover the Republic and convince the entire senate to hate the Jedi and get rid of them. With no Empire.

While it took 1400 for Vitiate to create the empire and take down the Jedi and Republic. Which he still hasn't managed to accomplish.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

LordQordisz
06.28.2012 , 06:14 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
How is Vitiate cool? We don't even know what the guy looks like, and so far all of his plans to devour the galaxy have failed.
Don't kid yourself. He's the evil and mysterious Sith lord who's immortal and holds sway over the Sith empire. That's why he's cool. And his kicking Revan's *** is pretty cool too.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

undeadsithdread
06.28.2012 , 06:26 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by LordQordisz View Post
Don't kid yourself. He's the evil and mysterious Sith lord who's immortal and holds sway over the Sith empire. That's why he's cool. And his kicking Revan's *** is pretty cool too.
not revan fanboy or anything i am sure it had nothing do with scourge killing the exile or anything.
Sith assassin Forever!

Aximand
06.28.2012 , 08:46 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
He also mindwiped the entire planet of Coruscant, when he hid the Eclipse II Super Star Destroyer underneath the Imperial Palace.
Point of order, don't you mean the Lusankya under the Imperial City?
I'm not mean, you're just a sissy.
The Orange Pixel is the REAL Sith Emperor
I don't need luck, I've got ammo - Urdnot Grunt
Remember 4/22/2011. A day that shall live in infamy.

Temeluchus
06.28.2012 , 08:55 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SveinEternity View Post
In the Revan book when the Emperor spoke Scourge was in much pain and he could barley stand to be in his presense. Also in his childhood he could use the force to kill his parents and enslaved his village and took over Nathema. This shows that he was vastly powerful in the force to a point that it affected someone deeply just to stand next to him. I think that this proves the emperor is much more powerful if the force overwhelm someone and even without the ritual on nathema he would have been very powerful.

The Emperor absorbed thousands of force sensitives and darkside users on Nathema and everything that was touched by the force and more. That is a planets worth of force sensitivity inside him while palpatine was just an average Sith that was very powerful. But, not a planet of force powerful.
All very powerful feats and such but as I said, doesn't hold a candle to what Palaptine did. Read Rayla's post in here or look up Palpatine's page on Wookieepedia or simply go with the fact that G-Canon states Palpatine is the most powerful.

I like Vitiate more than Sidious(my brain could never get over the fact that such immense power and knowledge of the Dark Side is crammed into the body of a disfigured,short,old man instead of some 30-40 something BAMF) and would like to see him creep towards Sidious' power but he isn't even close, despite what you posted.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

ReiKai
06.29.2012 , 12:17 AM | #28
I'm going to point out a few things and correct people on their misconceptions and their narrowed viewpoint about these characters.

Quote: Originally Posted by BrandomSM
And Palpatine took 80 years to takeover the Republic and convince the entire senate to hate the Jedi and get rid of them. With no Empire.

While it took 1400 for Vitiate to create the empire and take down the Jedi and Republic. Which he still hasn't managed to accomplish.
1. No. It did not take Sid 80 yrs to do this. It took the Banite Order a Thousand Years of planning, manipulation and resource gathering for Sid to have the chance to assume control of the Republic and destroy the Jedi Order (to which he Failed, as Jedi survived the Purge).

2. Vitiate spent 1400yrs building an Empire, From SCRATCH. He had nothing to start with save the ships they arrived in and the survivors of the old Sith Empire after Ludo Kressh was killed, Naga Sadow was driven into exile and hiding, after Marka Ragnos had died which began the collapse of the Golden Age of the Sith, and after the Republic and Jedi nearly drove the Sith Race to extinction after the Great Hyperspace War.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana
He used a ritual in which he needed the power of two hundred other Sith lords to complete it.

Darth Sidious could also absorb the life of the entire planet of Byss and with no rituals, he did it with his own power and this planet was far larger and far far more populated the Nathema was as well, 18 billion inhabitants were on Byss and all that whilst resting in his retreat.
1. Misconception and wrong number. It was 100 Sith Lords and, he did not Need them for the ritual so much as Trick them and use them to make himself more powerful. And the Ritual didn't just give him power, it made him virtually Immortal. Something Sidious cannot boast to. Also, it turned Nathema into a Void if the Force. A place that made people like Revan and Meetra feel sick just being near it.

2. Another misconception. Sid did use a ritual and it was of a Minor level compared to what Vitiate performed. It is basically a revised form of the Force Plague as seen in the Consular Storyline that was used by Lord Vivicar to infect Jedi and drain them of the Force to make himself stronger. Sidious used this on the people living on Byss, not the planet itself, and the only thing it did was make Sid more powerful. This he only did as Reborn Palpatine in a Younger Clone Body.

This also becomes pointless as Byss ends up being destroyed when the Galaxy Gun is taken out as well, which means Sid loses this power buff.

Quote:
Then we have the fact he could perform Force Storms that destroyed entire fleets of ships and even better he could transfer his powerful essence.
And Vitiate created a Permanent Force Storm on Dromund Kaas, which is then used via the Lightning Spires to collect energy and power Kaas City.

Quote:
Darth Sidious could tear holes in the space/time continuum.
Not in the way you're implying. He could create a force storm capable of making a wormhole in which he could travel through or transport others through to a desired location (Revan may have used this at the end of the Foundry, however that is unclear). As I recall, this also taxing on a massive level and it nearly killed Sidious when he used it due to the sheer amount of power required.

Quote:
Darth Sidious was so powerful in the Dark Side he was an actual Dark Side Nexus of energy, his voice had a hypnotic lull to it, he had blinded the entire Jedi Order so they could not foresee the future he was putting into place, he had caused an imbalance in the Force simply by existing.
Further misconceptions. Sidious had to die Several Times to acquire the power to which you allude to, and Vitiate himself spoke in a a manner that was beyond mortals. Also to point that the Jedi didn't know about Bane or Zannah either. Or Cognus, or Millenial and his order, or many other things. This has more to do with the Jedi's own ignorance and stupidity than any sort of 'powerflexing' by Sidious. Case in point; Vitiate did the same damn thing, keeping the fledgeling Sith Empire from being noticed at all.

Quote:
He had the strongest Battle Meditation we have ever seen, a Battle Meditation which enhanced his entire Galactic Empire.
That's simply untrue.

1. Stormtroopers still couldn't hit the broad side of a space barn
2.The Rebel Alliance wasn't disorganized in their tactics while engaging the Imperial Fleet.

Quote:
He also mindwiped the entire planet of Coruscant, when he hid the Eclipse II Super Star Destroyer underneath the Imperial Palace.
Misconception. He did not wipe their memory of the event, he tricked them into simply not seeing it. This is actually another case of SW writing teams stealing ideas. This was actually seen in the movie "The Shadow" where a skyscraper was masked from the public eye, making them incapable of perceiving it, right in the middle of NYC.

[quote]Sidious knew every single force ability and technique and could create new ones on a whim.[./quote]

This is an outright lie. He knew what Plaguis had taught him as well as what he learned via research. But never learned how to manipulate MC's or create life on his own. Also, the abilities Sid uses are Learned and have been essentially established in Lore thanks to KotoR and SWTOR.

Quote:
And we know without a shadow of a doubt he was the most powerful and successful Dark Lord of the Sith ever.
You mean aside from Marka Ragnos who ruled for a century without incident, whom Vitiate couldn't challenge, whom No One in an empire filled with Sith Lords would dare oppose out of outright fear of him, and wouldn't even make a move even when Ragnos was on his death bed. And this included the likes of Naga Sadow, whom we have witnessed pull solar flares from nearby stars to destroy Republic ships and who triggered an Unstable Red Giant into going nova and destroying an entire solar system, who also used Battle Meditation to create illusions on a galactic scale across multiple worlds during his invasion of the Republic. Ludo Kressh was stated to be about on par with Naga Sadow.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Malrus
06.29.2012 , 12:19 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by undeadsithdread View Post
not revan fanboy or anything i am sure it had nothing do with scourge killing the exile or anything.
Come on, you can't possibly think Revan could have beaten Vitiate. Even if all three of them took Vitiate on at once he still would have wiped the floor with them.

Liquidacid
06.29.2012 , 12:42 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ReiKai View Post
1. Stormtroopers still couldn't hit the broad side of a space barn
it's funny when people say this... Stormtroopers had awesome aim.... they hit everything they aimed at.. EXCEPT MAIN CHARACTERS... they mowed down rebel troopers no sweat ... it just seems like they had bad aim because most of the time they were shooting at main characters which, due to plot reasons, they HAD to miss... it's the same with any movie... Hero is fighting the best assassins in the world yet he never gets hit...

just like TIE fighter pilots... knocking down X and Y wings left and right (R.I.P. Prokins) but damn if they could hit Luke... even Vader couldn't land a solid hit... is it because they were all horrible gunners and pilots? no it's because the plot said that character was a hero and can't die in the scene

also this whole argument is pointless canon wise... you can have your own opinion but George Lucas has said more than once that Palpatine was the most powerful sith lord in the galaxy and what he says is G-canon and overrides everything else... for better or worse and no matter how much sense it makes
"bibo ergo sum" ( I drink, therefore I am)

Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at.