Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Emperor and Palpatine

SveinEternity
06.27.2012 , 07:30 AM | #1
I was wondering whether Palpatine is truly the most powerful dark lord to ever live. After all the Emperor is practically immortal and not even Revan, Meetra or Scourge could stop him. Is Sidious just smart and devious or is he actually more powerful than the Sith Emperor who is immortal and has consumed an entire world and later has plans to consume the galaxy.
The Eternity Legacy

JWagner
06.27.2012 , 07:44 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SveinEternity View Post
I was wondering whether Palpatine is truly the most powerful dark lord to ever live. After all the Emperor is practically immortal and not even Revan, Meetra or Scourge could stop him. Is Sidious just smart and devious or is he actually more powerful than the Sith Emperor who is immortal and has consumed an entire world and later has plans to consume the galaxy.
Powerful? I doubt he's anywhere near the most powerful dark lord.
He was just the most clever, most cunning, and most destructive.
Begeren Colony (RP)
Ree'ḱ {65/14} | Dràyson {51} | Kareenà {65}
Si'her'ka {50} | Dinaya {65} | Sirlock {52}
Daĺna {50}

Wolfninjajedi
06.27.2012 , 07:48 AM | #3
Yes he is, just look at what he can do his powers are only rivaled by Luke. Besides he did what no other sith lord ever accomplished, destroyed the jedi order in their prime of knowledge and combat. Plus Palpatine was immortal too, he could transfer his essence into another body so he could have lived forever .
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

JWagner
06.27.2012 , 07:52 AM | #4
Well, Luke didn't really do anything. Just kept the Emperor occupied long enough for Vadar to finish him off.
So you can't really say that he was only rivaled by Luke.

He didn't destroy the Jedi. He just gave the order to have his troopers, and his apprentice, to do it.

Shoot, his takeover of the Republic was from within, and he used the power of the Senate to do it.

All in all, short of hiding his ability to use the force so well, and his ability to transfer is essence, I wouldn't consider him powerful at all.
Begeren Colony (RP)
Ree'ḱ {65/14} | Dràyson {51} | Kareenà {65}
Si'her'ka {50} | Dinaya {65} | Sirlock {52}
Daĺna {50}

SveinEternity
06.27.2012 , 07:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes he is, just look at what he can do his powers are only rivaled by Luke. Besides he did what no other sith lord ever accomplished, destroyed the jedi order in their prime of knowledge and combat. Plus Palpatine was immortal too, he could transfer his essence into another body so he could have lived forever .
He wasn't immortal in terms that his body couldn't live forever while the emperor has had the same one (don't quote me on that) for 1000 years. Plus the emperor could transfer his Essenes into two bodies one being the voice.
The Eternity Legacy

Wolfninjajedi
06.27.2012 , 08:50 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
Well, Luke didn't really do anything. Just kept the Emperor occupied long enough for Vadar to finish him off.
So you can't really say that he was only rivaled by Luke.

He didn't destroy the Jedi. He just gave the order to have his troopers, and his apprentice, to do it.

Shoot, his takeover of the Republic was from within, and he used the power of the Senate to do it.

All in all, short of hiding his ability to use the force so well, and his ability to transfer is essence, I wouldn't consider him powerful at all.
I'm talking about EU Palpatine in which, it showed him to be the strongest sith lord ever look up Palpatine and look at his powers and YES Luke did rival Palpatine in terms of power and then surpassing him in the EU. He actually did destroy the jedi, not directly mind you but his plan was the way he destroyed all of them.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Temeluchus
06.27.2012 , 08:54 AM | #7
So far from what we have seen and read from both of them, Palpatine is vastly more powerful.

It wouldn't surprise me to have the good ole BW writers pull some tricks out of their bags to make Vitiate even more powerful than he appears now and approaching Palpatine in terms of power. But as it stands now Vitiate doesn't even come close to being as powerful as Palpatine.

At one point Palpatine is actually described as being the nexus of the dark side. For those that aren't up on SWU lore as much as others, a Force nexus is a location where the Force or an aspect of the Force is unusually strong. The aforementioned statement about Palps being an actual nexus of the dark side gives you an idea of how powerful the crazy,wrinkled,scarred guy was.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.”

Eillack
06.27.2012 , 05:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by SveinEternity View Post
He wasn't immortal in terms that his body couldn't live forever while the emperor has had the same one (don't quote me on that) for 1000 years. Plus the emperor could transfer his Essenes into two bodies one being the voice.
You are incorrect.

The Emperor in TOR uses the same technique that was first shown from Palpatine. Transfering an essense into a new body. The comic series that gave back stories to TOR even showed some of the Emperor's multiple bodies and spawning pit.

undeadsithdread
06.27.2012 , 05:45 PM | #9
come on these threads have been talked to death.

it reminds me about wow story forums forsaken/lordaeron threads......
Sith assassin Forever!

SveinEternity
06.27.2012 , 08:28 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Temeluchus View Post
So far from what we have seen and read from both of them, Palpatine is vastly more powerful.

It wouldn't surprise me to have the good ole BW writers pull some tricks out of their bags to make Vitiate even more powerful than he appears now and approaching Palpatine in terms of power. But as it stands now Vitiate doesn't even come close to being as powerful as Palpatine.

At one point Palpatine is actually described as being the nexus of the dark side. For those that aren't up on SWU lore as much as others, a Force nexus is a location where the Force or an aspect of the Force is unusually strong. The aforementioned statement about Palps being an actual nexus of the dark side gives you an idea of how powerful the crazy,wrinkled,scarred guy was.
In the Revan book when the Emperor spoke Scourge was in much pain and he could barley stand to be in his presense. Also in his childhood he could use the force to kill his parents and enslaved his village and took over Nathema. This shows that he was vastly powerful in the force to a point that it affected someone deeply just to stand next to him. I think that this proves the emperor is much more powerful if the force overwhelm someone and even without the ritual on nathema he would have been very powerful.

The Emperor absorbed thousands of force sensitives and darkside users on Nathema and everything that was touched by the force and more. That is a planets worth of force sensitivity inside him while palpatine was just an average Sith that was very powerful. But, not a planet of force powerful.
The Eternity Legacy