Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior Story?

ZirusZero
06.27.2012 , 06:45 PM | #11
JK, because Jedi are actually competent and aren't total tools. Baras is an annoying sith lord that make me wanna ditch him at prologue.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Chanez
07.08.2012 , 09:42 PM | #12
having played both i think the knight was more for saving others and serving the republic, and the emphasis is on others including some companions, while the warriors story is all about me me me i am amazing my companions are just there for the ride, who cares about them?

I liked the sith warrior story better because i like revenge stories.

Captain_Zone
07.08.2012 , 10:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Didn't try Dark Side Jedi Knight did you? even on tython you can do some pretty outright inhumane things.

The Cave with the Selkath has an excellent Dark Side choice where you basically feed off of the Dark Side Nexus there.

Sith Warrior is still far better than the Knight though.
Not to mention the male Knight can "get some" on Tython for some good DS points.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Cavell
07.09.2012 , 12:18 AM | #14
The most important aspect for me was the voice acting: I initially wanted to go Knight, but couldn't stand the voice. So I tried out Warrior. Holy moly, what a difference.

I do still want to complete Knight at some point, just for some of those iconic "one dude against the universe" cutscenes that I suspect lurk within, but Warrior will have to do for now.

Slowpokeking
07.09.2012 , 12:18 AM | #15
SW's first chapter is very good and fit the Sith well, especially Tatooine and Alderaan's story. You also can make many choices.

The 2nd one is too straightforward and Vengen fell a bit too quickly, as a council member.

Chapter 3's story is good but I don't like the theme because it returned to the old betrayal and I don't like to serve under the Emperor following orders, he's no better than Baras. Since the JK can fight the Emperor, Satele Shan should be SW's final challenge, it's ok if she ran away after defeat.

yoohoohoo
09.13.2012 , 10:26 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Chapter 3's story is good but I don't like the theme because it returned to the old betrayal and I don't like to serve under the Emperor following orders, he's no better than Baras. Since the JK can fight the Emperor, Satele Shan should be SW's final challenge, it's ok if she ran away after defeat.
I agree, you should have a chance to fight Satele at some point in an empire story

stuffystuffs
09.13.2012 , 10:44 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by yoohoohoo View Post
I agree, you should have a chance to fight Satele at some point in an empire story
That seems likely for future content.

I prefer the SW story.

The JK story is great in Ch 1 but after that it's kind of 'meh'.

The SW story seems to get better as it progresses.

Skorz
09.13.2012 , 01:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Didn't try Dark Side Jedi Knight did you? even on tython you can do some pretty outright inhumane things.

The Cave with the Selkath has an excellent Dark Side choice where you basically feed off of the Dark Side Nexus there.

Sith Warrior is still far better than the Knight though.
I tried to play DS Jedi once but I hated it. I wanted to be like Count Dooku but almost all the DS options on the Republic side are just being a douche or a maniac that loves killing.. kinda like in KOTOR 1 where DS options were something like stealing a lollipop from a child.

yoohoohoo
09.13.2012 , 02:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Skorz View Post
kinda like in KOTOR 1 where DS options were something like stealing a lollipop from a child.
People are saying that JK is pretty much KOTOR 3 though so you'd expect the DS choices to be like KOTOR 1

yoohoohoo
09.13.2012 , 03:53 PM | #20
In terms of story, Sith Warrior wins hands down for me. Like people have been saying, you really feel like you are getting stronger and i think that the bosses were really good at the end of each act. The fact that you have to kill Baras and draahg like two or three times shows just how powerful they are, and how powerful you are for killing them finally.

In terms of KOTOR continuity, i'd go with Jedi Knight because it's the typical hero rises from nothing story that you experienced with both Revan and Meetra Surik in Kotors 1 & 2 respectively. The Knight's story got a bit weird during act 2 end, act 3 start because of the whole brainwashing thing. Act 1 of the Knight is probably one of my favorite in the game because it had a true blend of what being a jedi is all about. The ability to turn Lord Praven for example. After the emotional scene of your master's death and taking your revenge on Darth Angral, the story kind of went downhill. The act three finale was good though and it almost redeemed the entirety of acts 2 and 3.

BTW i didn't put any spoiler tabs in this because this thread is comparing the full stories so its all one big spoiler in itself.