Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior Story?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior Story?

Twinsin
06.27.2012 , 06:52 AM | #1
Which one draws you in more in your opinion, and why?
Odan-Urr's Jedi Code
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.

Twinsin
06.27.2012 , 10:08 AM | #2
anyone?
Odan-Urr's Jedi Code
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.

Aurbere
06.27.2012 , 10:14 AM | #3
I prefer the Knight's story. It's basically KOTOR 3. If you want to be a big wig Sith Lord go SW.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Temeluchus
06.27.2012 , 10:20 AM | #4
SW story is more my cup of tea than the JK.

If you want a story about clawing your way up the ranks,seizing power and chock full of Sith stereotypes, then roll a SW. It is very much a prototypical Sith story while still remaining interesting,especially Act III.

If you want to play as a "Chosen One" and have that Mary Sue powerful character(and lets face it,sometimes we all want to),then roll a JK. I will say this though, the JK story really deals with the galaxy and the war as a whole, more so than most other classes; especially more than the Imperial class stories which seems to have them focused inward rather than outward as they should be.
"Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night.

bright_ephemera
06.27.2012 , 10:38 AM | #5
Sith Warrior, by a mile. What a ridiculously potent power trip, start to finish.

They're both solid. The Knight is very traditional, ordinary person finding out s/he's the promised one and going on to fulfill his/her destiny, and I enjoyed it. The villains were superb; with most classes I can name one or two great antagonists, but the Knight seemed to have a memorable one for every planet. One element at the end of Act 2 almost destroyed my respect for the whole story, though:
Spoiler

The Warrior is wrought for Sith culture, and I liked that. The exploration of LS/DS that the writers chose may be basically a plain binary, but the implications throughout the game were remarkable, LS/DS Jaesa being the poster child. The world notices a LS Warrior vs. DS, sometimes even in spite of the most recent individual decision. One element in Act 3 almost destroyed my respect for the whole story, though:
Spoiler

The companions on both were fantastic. The Warrior crew was much, much more troubled.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 100+ authors to date. 2600+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
---(Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.)--- DELETA MALAVAI EST

Charell
06.27.2012 , 01:59 PM | #6
i have played the JK and LS SW and DS SW. Let me tell you, the DS SW is by far the worst! you just feel like a tool being told what to do! the Jedi Knight story is a fun story in a campy cliche sort of way. its just traditional star wars with predictable twists. but that doesn't really take away from the enjoyment! but my favorite story would have to be the LS Sith Warrior. it is completely different then going dark! you try to reform the empire to being honorable and to follow the light. the interesting thing in it is that you have to hide this from most of the characters, even some of your companions! i live the fact that that for the sith warrior, the companions try to betray you, trick you, try to leave your command, and some try to help you and even love you! id say play a light side Sith Warrior!
Jedi Covenent: The Sohn Legacy
Charell SW, Dareo BH , Elleona SI Raliceh JC, Ellensohn RT, Le'pold SM
The Fatman: Coolestjediever JK Ebon Hawk: IA

Captain_Zone
06.27.2012 , 02:10 PM | #7
For sheer Epicness, the JK wins hands down. It's KotOR III right there.

That said, I actually liked the SW story more. Also has an Epic feel to it, but not on the scale of the JK. In fact, both stories are tied together at critical points.

Taken each on its own, both tell a good self-contained story. But, taken as parts of a whole, the story is even more complete and satisfying. I recommend playing them both nearly simultaneously. Play each planet with JK first, then switch to the SW. It shows each interconnecting point better, imo.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

maxetius
06.27.2012 , 03:05 PM | #8
Bioware had more lattitude in Sith Warrior's storyline, so it's more interesting. In fact, they had more lattitude with the Empire side period. Republic side sometimes feels like 'let's cram as many movie homages as we can into the plot.'

Malkosis
06.27.2012 , 03:15 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Bioware had more lattitude in Sith Warrior's storyline, so it's more interesting. In fact, they had more lattitude with the Empire side period. Republic side sometimes feels like 'let's cram as many movie homages as we can into the plot.'
I favor the SW storyline for a similar reason. With JK, I feel more pidgeon-holed into playing a stereotypical, peace loving, goody goody.

Rayla_Felana
06.27.2012 , 04:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkosis View Post
I favor the SW storyline for a similar reason. With JK, I feel more pidgeon-holed into playing a stereotypical, peace loving, goody goody.
Didn't try Dark Side Jedi Knight did you? even on tython you can do some pretty outright inhumane things.

The Cave with the Selkath has an excellent Dark Side choice where you basically feed off of the Dark Side Nexus there.

Sith Warrior is still far better than the Knight though.