Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

gunslinger nerfed?

smellmop
07.06.2012 , 12:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Renko View Post
The actual answer is they nerfed gunslingers quite bad if you were using illegal mods to bust out an aimed shot, 2 speedshots, and a trickshot...Everyone plays the class different, but before 1.3 gunslinger was my favorite class that I have ever played in a MMO. Instead of just nerfing us they fundamentally changed how the class played. Now(spelling edit) it feels very clunky to play a gunslinger, the abilities just don't mesh as nicely making for a severely different game experience.

Before the patch in full rakata/couple of bh/campaign and only 5 augments I was doing consistently higher dps across the board. On Kephess HM I was averaging around 1400 dps. After the patch I hit 1000 on Kephess with a couple more pieces of campaign/bh gear and fully augmented. I am close to where I was pre-patch now, but to get nerfed so hard only to reach an equal level (if not still worse in most situations) is a hard pill to swallow.

I am not calling for nerfs to other classes, but seeing sages as the top dps and heals is getting a little old. A hybrid class should be able to dps as well as me sure, but to make a hybrid class do consistently more dps than a pure dps class is really a shame to see.

This really is a big issue for me as a gunslinger. 1.3 neutered the game experience and dps of gunslinger. Things need to be looked at moving forward because if their idea to nerf a class is to fundamentally change the feel of the class then that is disappointing. I will continue getting better as I play longer with the changes, but right now the class just doesn't feel as dynamic as it did before.
Yes quite amazing how pre-1.3 with less augmented gear I was able to easily hit 1400 dps on kephas sm...and after patch with better gear and augmented out I am at about 1100 dps....that is a pretty huge hit. Basically they for some reason thought that gs needed even more accuracy since illegal mods now gives a 30% boost to accuracy....wth? with the "targeter's" gear on one should already have around 110% accuracy on tech abilities and around 103-5% on ranged attacks....illegal mods needs changed to +30% armor pen...then it would make sense.
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: Shrėk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk

jedip_enguin
07.06.2012 , 02:58 PM | #22
My Slinger is still in the sub 50 regions but if anything I've noticed a substantial increase in my damage.

That's just while fighting normal levelling trash though, so perhaps this wont hold so much weight at 50.
Dat referral link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Sh6HPh

zrseale
07.06.2012 , 03:40 PM | #23
I moved from dirty fighting to SS after the free reset. Wanna see energy problems? Play dirty fighting. I rarely if ever run out of energy unless I spam charged burst. They made the energy regen on demand as opposed to random, this makes it controllable although there is potential for less energy regen overall.
I know, my name is original.

uniz
07.07.2012 , 08:47 AM | #24
they only difference i have noticed is the non stacking armor debuffs. for our class spec this in itself can be rather significant. never had a power issue which leads me to believe some people might have a poor rotation. spamming one ability instead of another can make a big difference.

Renko
07.08.2012 , 03:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by smellmop View Post
Yes quite amazing how pre-1.3 with less augmented gear I was able to easily hit 1400 dps on kephas sm...and after patch with better gear and augmented out I am at about 1100 dps....that is a pretty huge hit. Basically they for some reason thought that gs needed even more accuracy since illegal mods now gives a 30% boost to accuracy....wth? with the "targeter's" gear on one should already have around 110% accuracy on tech abilities and around 103-5% on ranged attacks....illegal mods needs changed to +30% armor pen...then it would make sense.
Illegal mods needs to be changed back to being a temporary haste buff. The class didn't have issues before, sure if you played it well you were most likely the top dps in your fp/ops, but shouldn't a pure dps class be at LEAST able to dps as well as say sages....who now beat us consistently in dps, and by quite a large margin most of the time.

Narien
07.08.2012 , 04:06 PM | #26
If you're getting beat out by a Sage, a retuned IM is not going to solve your problems.

SilentMutation
07.08.2012 , 10:20 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by smellmop View Post
I need to step in here and state that accuracy over 100% decreases the target's defense, so that extra 30% accuracy will provide better damage (particularly) against tanks. The only trouble is that BW doesn't state exactly what "decreasing target defense" does, but I assume it acts to reduce damage mitigation or perhaps lower defense chance. Or both?
Gryphius - Gunslinger | Dascritler - Vanguard
The Goof Troop's #1 babe!
The Harbinger - R.I.P. DPB & Hyperspace Cannon

Fallerup
07.08.2012 , 10:31 PM | #28
despite of what Brool says, energy regen for Marksman/sharpshooter specc is nerfed or at least, for me, changed in an undesirable way.

I "never ever" (once pr. boss fight maximum) had to use adrenaline probe as a MM sniper pre 1.3, since the old sniper volley procced constantly and my energy was never ever low. I think I used the probe once pr. boss fight like I said, even if I was spamming orbital strikes and all shots. Now, that wont happen, you run out waaaay faster. also, the fact that they changed it to 1 free SoS instead of 2 when you pop the top talent is an obvious nerf. 3 SoS's vrs 2 SoS's, you do the math.

So if I am to run with a spec that has little to poor energy regen, I'll stick with Lethality/dirty fighting, cause the damage is better.
Gogata, Class: Shieldtech Powertech

smellmop
07.09.2012 , 10:32 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SilentMutation View Post
I need to step in here and state that accuracy over 100% decreases the target's defense, so that extra 30% accuracy will provide better damage (particularly) against tanks. The only trouble is that BW doesn't state exactly what "decreasing target defense" does, but I assume it acts to reduce damage mitigation or perhaps lower defense chance. Or both?
Right...as far as in game test have shown me going from 102% accuracy on ranged attacks to 132% when using the illegal mods did nothing to my dps on HM ops bosses.....in fact as previously stated now doing much less dps on these same bosses after the patch with better gear
Maybe this was a pvp change as I do seem to be able to hit tank classes a bit harder now since the patch, but that is probably because almost every tank I see in warzones are using dps gear now instead of their tanking gear.
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: Shrėk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk

RickAdams
07.09.2012 , 11:16 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
If Im not mistaken its a 2 min CD, how does that help us manage energy? now if it was a 45 sec CD then yeah I can see it making a difference...

It's amazing that Bioware nerfs us and people try to defend it by saying it's not a nerf because Bioware says so in the notes.... If you had been using a parser pre 1.3 and compare it to post 1.3 you can see the DPS dropoff, especially in long fights..
It's funny how people will cry nerf and make up numbers to justify their perceptions instead of trying to work with the changes. A small rotation change will fix any issues with energy management if you weren't using burst volley on cd before. As far as dps, if you're one of the ones who are having energy management issues, then yeah, you're going to have a dps loss. With the new changes, Aimed Shot and Speed Shot should be off cooldown much faster. Illegal Mods now gives extra armor pen and the accuracy actually does help, particularly on offhand attacks. If you hit all these cooldowns at the same time, you're burst potential is much higher so I'm at a loss as to why people are seeing a dps loss unless they've failed to make some slight changes to the way they play.