Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

gunslinger nerfed?

DarthLightSide
06.28.2012 , 12:24 PM | #11
thinking GS did get nerfed...they definitely tweaked something under the table. Not sure how I'm liking some of the new sounds and animations as well....so far added extra choppy/clunkyness on my GS

although I do still top the boards in overall WZ dps regularly...if feels like any 1v1's I get into are definitely more challenging
GAME of THRONES

queen: "I shall wear this like a badge of honor"
king: "Wear it in Silence..or I'll Honor you AGAIN!"

Theodulus
06.28.2012 , 01:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Callmeswarly View Post
Except it is a 45 second cooldown...

http://www.torhead.com/ability/4tsPP3G/burst-volley

I'm not certain it actually works since I don't really notice any difference in energy regen with it active.

Bartes
06.28.2012 , 11:30 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
I'm not certain it actually works since I don't really notice any difference in energy regen with it active.
oh it works for sure but it is kinda of a nerf just because we need to use it in our rotations every now and then so 1 GCD wasted.

I am agreeing with the statement that something was changed under the table. Due to working companion buffs, augments and new relics my stats went sky high yet I do less overall damage. Well, at least I have this feeling.

1 min fights on test dummy show decrease in DPS but longer fights show slight increase. IMO GS is better in longer PvE fights or really short encounters like trash mobs. Where big burst is needed or energy micromanagment is impossible (PvP) it is quite hard. So far in PvP I do feel something is different but can't exactly tell what yet. Need to get used to new rotations.
Aes Sidhe

Bartas - lvl 50/70+ Gunslinger - Sharpshooter specced and lovin it!

Callmeswarly
06.29.2012 , 10:39 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Theodulus View Post
Forgive me if I don't take you at your word. If you want to believe you got nerfed of course you would think that, but the tooltip and anecdotal evidence from other people who HAVE paid attention say that it's working just fine. Does it require more effort on your part? Yes. Is that a nerf? Up for debate. Certainly doesn't mean it's not working.

Ybini
06.29.2012 , 01:46 PM | #15
I'm definately running out of energy faster than I used to in pvp. I have to use the "pew-pew" power more to let it regen.

Coriolan_Martius
06.29.2012 , 01:58 PM | #16
Yeah, I noticed this too on my sniper(MM). The nerfed the MM tree, which is spurned by PvP and PvE players, after they buffed the sniper DPS by 5%. If anything, MM deserved a buff to make it competitive in PvP and PvE. I am sorry but this dev team has no clue on how to manage MMOs. Instead of a series of small and controlled class changes they do major modifications causing people to feel like they are on a roller coaster.

Is it any surprise that after 1.2 they lost an additional 400K subscribers?

Brool
07.02.2012 , 11:37 PM | #17
I really dont notice any changes on my slinger, now after extensive playing since 1.3. i play a sab slinger tho and not a SS.

As far as energy management, no problems here either. People do know that you're energy regen rate is based off of how much energy you currently have? Try and keep it around 60% for the fastest regen.

side note: I have free quick shot for 6 seconds whenever i leave cover so thats one reason why im always good on energy.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

Junostorm
07.03.2012 , 07:11 AM | #18
The single biggest hit to SS was the removal of the stacking armor debuffs.
Jun÷ - Gunslinger | Armoury - Vanguard | Jun˘ - Sentinel
The Stormtooth Legecy
New and improved, now with even more threat!
Total Aggression Gaming - Republic - The Shadowlands server

Renko
07.04.2012 , 10:45 AM | #19
The actual answer is they nerfed gunslingers quite bad if you were using illegal mods to bust out an aimed shot, 2 speedshots, and a trickshot...Everyone plays the class different, but before 1.3 gunslinger was my favorite class that I have ever played in a MMO. Instead of just nerfing us they fundamentally changed how the class played. Now(spelling edit) it feels very clunky to play a gunslinger, the abilities just don't mesh as nicely making for a severely different game experience.

Before the patch in full rakata/couple of bh/campaign and only 5 augments I was doing consistently higher dps across the board. On Kephess HM I was averaging around 1400 dps. After the patch I hit 1000 on Kephess with a couple more pieces of campaign/bh gear and fully augmented. I am close to where I was pre-patch now, but to get nerfed so hard only to reach an equal level (if not still worse in most situations) is a hard pill to swallow.

I am not calling for nerfs to other classes, but seeing sages as the top dps and heals is getting a little old. A hybrid class should be able to dps as well as me sure, but to make a hybrid class do consistently more dps than a pure dps class is really a shame to see.

This really is a big issue for me as a gunslinger. 1.3 neutered the game experience and dps of gunslinger. Things need to be looked at moving forward because if their idea to nerf a class is to fundamentally change the feel of the class then that is disappointing. I will continue getting better as I play longer with the changes, but right now the class just doesn't feel as dynamic as it did before.

Wasbeer
07.06.2012 , 12:55 PM | #20
I'm still wondering why they removed the slow effect from leg shot.