Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

gunslinger nerfed?

HyBRiDz
06.27.2012 , 05:35 AM | #1
does anyone notice the recharging of energy alot slower?
TK-6686
SITH ORDER (ASIA PACIFIC)(Master Dar'Nala) +8GMT
Republic Scum (ASIA PACIFIC)(Master Dar'Nala) +8GMT
gamers needed!!

Monoth
06.27.2012 , 09:23 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by HyBRiDz View Post
does anyone notice the recharging of energy alot slower?
They nerfed our Burst Damage and energy management.....
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Brool
06.27.2012 , 11:07 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
They nerfed our Burst Damage and energy management.....
Smuggler

Gunslinger
Due to changes in the Gunslinger skill trees, Gunslingers have had their skill points refunded.
The damage absorbed by Defense Screen now scales properly based on character stats.
Hunker Down's buff tooltip no longer incorrectly mentions damage reduction.
Illegal Mods now increases Accuracy by 30% and Armor Penetration by 15% instead of increasing Alacrity.
Charged Burst's visual effects now work correctly with color crystals. It now uses the correct visual effects when dual wielding.
An issue that prevented Leg Shot from displaying visual effects has been corrected.
The visual effect of Smuggler's Luck now lasts the full 20 seconds.
Quickdraw has a new sound and visual appearance.
Saboteur
Contingency Charges now lasts 20 seconds (up from 10). Contingency Charges can now be detonated once every second (down from once every 1.5 seconds).
Insurrection now provides 2 additional Contingency Charges (up from 1).
Sharpshooter
Rapid Fire and Burst Volley have swapped positions in the skill tree.
Rapid Fire is now a 3-point passive skill that reduces the cooldown of Aimed Shot and Speed Shot by 1 second per point.
Burst Volley now finishes the cooldown of Speed Shot and increases Alacrity by 10% and Energy regeneration by 50% for 10 seconds. It has a 45-second cooldown.
Trickshot has a new sound and visual appearance, including a color change based on the equipped color crystal.
Scoundrel
Scrapper
Survivor's Scars now increases healing received by 1% per point (down from 3% per point).

They did not nerf a single thing, in fact we were buffed in a few spots.
Energy management is the same, or slight improvment for SS's. If you are having problems its not with the class.
Phalanx
The Harbinger
We are playing a game of rock paper scissors.
Quit asking to nerf rock when you are obviously playing scissors.

NightHawke
06.27.2012 , 11:22 AM | #4
I find that after a major patch, that if someone is finding something very wrong, then take it with a grain of salt, because something as small as miscarrying that one from their equation and code input could screw up a lot of things and be easily missed.

Besides, Bioware has on more than one occasion revised their patch notes a few days after they said it was in the game....

We need more testing on this.
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

DarkhawkXY
06.27.2012 , 01:16 PM | #5
Unless you actually test it, in which case there is a slight nerf to the sharpshooter tree. Basically Burst volley in no longer always active as soon as possible, you have to activate it... the energy regen is on a 10 sec timer and 45 cooldown. They also made it so you can't triple hit Speed Shot with Rapid Fire (SS RF SS SS) which was one of our main burst combos, so overall i'm seeing about 60-100 DPS lower and far lower Burst damage (1 min fights on dummy used to be around ~1450, now the highest i'm getting is ~1280).

My only issue is that these #'s aren't a true comparison as I upgraded 2 pieces of gear to (BH Gloves and WH Offhand) right before 1.3 went live, so I should actually be seeing slightly higher DPS, not lower.

oleost
06.27.2012 , 04:15 PM | #6
Yeah, I also misses the SS RF SS SS combo.

And Illegal mods gave you a little bit of energy before, but now nothing..

jbktiger
06.27.2012 , 08:24 PM | #7
The change in Burst Volley if you did not catch it will make you feel they nerfed energy management.

Instead of being passive proc chance, it is now an activated CD to get the 50% increased regen. If you are not using that CD, I could easily see how you would feel like you do...
Tiger

Drinking and gaming since...*hic*...what day is it?

Monoth
06.28.2012 , 06:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by jbktiger View Post
The change in Burst Volley if you did not catch it will make you feel they nerfed energy management.

Instead of being passive proc chance, it is now an activated CD to get the 50% increased regen. If you are not using that CD, I could easily see how you would feel like you do...
If Im not mistaken its a 2 min CD, how does that help us manage energy? now if it was a 45 sec CD then yeah I can see it making a difference...

It's amazing that Bioware nerfs us and people try to defend it by saying it's not a nerf because Bioware says so in the notes.... If you had been using a parser pre 1.3 and compare it to post 1.3 you can see the DPS dropoff, especially in long fights..
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

kuey
06.28.2012 , 09:12 AM | #9
If Im not mistaken its a 2 min CD, how does that help us manage energy? now if it was a 45 sec CD then yeah I can see it making a difference...

It's amazing that Bioware nerfs us and people try to defend it by saying it's not a nerf because Bioware says so in the notes.... If you had been using a parser pre 1.3 and compare it to post 1.3 you can see the DPS dropoff, especially in long fights..
Tooltip says 45 seconds, not sure if it's correct since I'm a Sabslinger atm.

Callmeswarly
06.28.2012 , 11:46 AM | #10
Except it is a 45 second cooldown...

http://www.torhead.com/ability/4tsPP3G/burst-volley