Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Just stop with the stupidity please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Just stop with the stupidity please

Bobbyieboy's Avatar


Bobbyieboy
08.21.2012 , 06:54 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Grywon View Post
Anyone thought that when hybrid class offtanks, offheals or helps any other person in raid for whatever ****up that one just did, he looses dps. That's a hybrid tax! Or you can be selfish, care about meters, keep dpsing to look good and scream at someone else when the wipe occures...
This, plus most of the time that ****up is normally created by that pure dps doing nothing but watching numbers to begin with.
CE

Karkais's Avatar


Karkais
08.21.2012 , 08:05 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Grywon View Post
Anyone thought that when hybrid class offtanks, offheals or helps any other person in raid for whatever ****up that one just did, he looses dps. That's a hybrid tax! Or you can be selfish, care about meters, keep dpsing to look good and scream at someone else when the wipe occures...
No ****. But if the alternative is a teamwipe, I guess you can do it.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

KaKiMi's Avatar


KaKiMi
08.21.2012 , 01:31 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by savagedialects View Post
I dont care that my class can tank or heal or what have you. I am a dps. I expect to do just as much damage as anyone else that is speced as a dps.

I am tired of reading these threads about how Marauders/Sents and Snipers/Gunslingers and whatever should inherently do more damage than me - an Assassin (I am supposed to kill things... its why I'm an ASSASSIN) - simply because of their class. I don't really care what any Pure DPS class says. You chose that class because you wanted to, and I chose mine because I wanted to. Your argument is foolish. ANY hybrid class should be able to dps JUST AS GOOD as you IF NOT BETTER. I can't just bust out tanking as a Madness Assassin Or Balance Shadow. It doesnt work like that because it isn't a TANK spec. You see where I am going with this?

All dps should be created equal -- jUst as all tanks and healers should be. Sorry you were too narrow minded to roll a hybrid class I guess? That doesn't mean you get to destroy us all in damage. How does that make any sense?

They don't make any straight Tank or Heal classes. Why give Straight dps classes an unfair-and-stupid-in-pvp-and-pve advantage?
Read the underlined part again.

Why is it so ironic that the majority of people that cry about Operative dps, Sentinel dps, Juggernaut rage dps is the same class that is HERE again crying once more?
Assassin/Shadow = biggest crybaby class in the game.
Please just delete this class already

So-low's Avatar


So-low
08.22.2012 , 01:40 AM | #64
Keep in mind that right now a Anni/Watch Sentinel/Marauder will heal for waaay more per boss fight than a commando/merc or sage/sorc dps, and they are not considered hybrid.

thespin's Avatar


thespin
09.03.2012 , 03:00 PM | #65
Here's what it comes down to in my mind.

The basic idea behind Assassin Shadow from the 'average' person who want to play the class is that it should be a kick-butt dps class with a frikkin cool weapon. I don't think most people who roll them really want them to tank, they want to feel like a 'rogue' which means high dps melee.

Unfortunately they weren't designed quite like that, so some players are not as happy with the class as they expected.

VigDiath's Avatar


VigDiath
09.03.2012 , 03:09 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by savagedialects View Post
I dont care that my class can tank or heal or what have you. I am a dps. I expect to do just as much damage as anyone else that is speced as a dps.

I am tired of reading these threads about how Marauders/Sents and Snipers/Gunslingers and whatever should inherently do more damage than me - an Assassin (I am supposed to kill things... its why I'm an ASSASSIN) - simply because of their class. I don't really care what any Pure DPS class says. You chose that class because you wanted to, and I chose mine because I wanted to. Your argument is foolish. ANY hybrid class should be able to dps JUST AS GOOD as you IF NOT BETTER. I can't just bust out tanking as a Madness Assassin Or Balance Shadow. It doesnt work like that because it isn't a TANK spec. You see where I am going with this?

All dps should be created equal -- jUst as all tanks and healers should be. Sorry you were too narrow minded to roll a hybrid class I guess? That doesn't mean you get to destroy us all in damage. How does that make any sense?

They don't make any straight Tank or Heal classes. Why give Straight dps classes an unfair-and-stupid-in-pvp-and-pve advantage?
My question is, who expects you to tank?? If you set your role as damage in Group Finder, or let your fellow guildies know you are a DPS why would anyone expect you to do anything other than DPS? I have a Shadow Tank as my main on one server and a Balance Shadow as my main on another server. The difference is obvious. I can tank all day on my Shadow specced for tanking but I wouldn't even try it on my Balance specced Shadow. No one has even tried to get me to do that. I have had people ask me to do more of a DPS role on my Tank tho which I can in some situations but not all.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

LostInReverie's Avatar


LostInReverie
09.12.2012 , 11:41 PM | #67
I play a Balance Shadow, so my spec is obviously not tank. However, I sometimes get questions from pug members as to whether I can tank. I politely respond that no, I am not a tank, and all is well with the world. That's it. No one's ever kicked me out of a group or not wanted me to be part of a group. I have tried off-tanking on a world boss once, and that was fun, but it's not for me. I can do it, but again, my spec is not the best for it, and I'm just fine with that. I'm also fine with the fact that Shadow DPS is not gonna be the highest in the game, and it shouldn't be. The class is called Shadow for a reason. We can sneak around and stab people in the back. We're not Troopers nor do I expect my toon to do DPS like a soldier-type class like that. It's just common sense really.
THE CALLISTO LEGACY (JC)
THE SOLARIS LEGACY (EH)
55s - Melusine
55s- Ilaria / Drusīlla

Mordeguy's Avatar


Mordeguy
09.13.2012 , 05:06 PM | #68
It doesn't matter if one class can tank and one can't, their damage should be close to the same. All of you saying sents and slingers deserve to do more damage because thats all they can do are being pretty childish.

They don't need to do more damage, they just need to bring buffs/debuffs that other classes can't bring, and they do. It's ok for them to be 5% ahead of any given class, but they should not be very far ahead. Just because a guardian can tank doesn't mean that his MAJORITY DPS specs should be penalized. Same goes for any so called "hybrid" class.

FWIW, sents and maras can easily do more healing over the course of a boss fight than a healing class in dps spec, because they don't even have to stop their actions to do so. Gunslingers do a pretty good job of mitigating damage to the group compared to that infiltration shadow, who has a tank spec!

There is no logic behind hybrid tax, there is no hybrid talent tree, only a mix of two which gimps you in more areas than its worth in most cases. (note im not talking favoring 1 tree and putting a few points in another, im talking half half because that is what it takes to be a hybrid.) Closest thing to it is defense/vig or immortal/veng but then that still only does a good job at tanking and not dpsing in higher tier content.

Edit -
Quote: Originally Posted by jonmcooper View Post
Keep in mind that right now a Anni/Watch Sentinel/Marauder will heal for waaay more per boss fight than a commando/merc or sage/sorc dps, and they are not considered hybrid.
Did not see your post before I posted mine, it's ridiculous how many people don't seem to know this

Mattmonkey's Avatar


Mattmonkey
09.22.2012 , 07:23 AM | #69
all classes currently speced to dps should be within 5% of each other. Thats what bioware wants. It makes sense - if im speced dps i want ot be considered viable to raid in that role.

Bioware is balancing things by giving pure dps classes more utility - eg sentinals have more utility than guardians. there dps is within 5% if you know how to play.

so its all good.

just dont whine if you have a tank spec than you dont have the utility of a sentinal - because you have a tank spec to make up for it.