Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Just stop with the stupidity please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Just stop with the stupidity please

savagedialects's Avatar


savagedialects
06.28.2012 , 10:18 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Huggsnotdruggs View Post
TLR

You are a hybrid class. you do not get to, nor deserve to keep up with gunslingers/sentinels. nuff said
Sigh.


I am a hybrid class, but I AM A DPS.
Assassin = class
Darkness = tank spec.

I don't get to roll around as a tank when I am not speced for it. What do you not understand. As a madness assassin I have like 3 survivability tools.

Force cloak (which all assassins have)
Saber ward (Which all assassins have)
Vanish (All assassins have this)

Pretty sure snipers and whatever have like 5 or 6 and all their dps trees offer some sort of survivability cool-down or neat perk.

I get NO increased survival at all as madness. I don't know what you are talking about. If I roll a dps I expect to be able to beat some kid rolling his face on the keyboard.

It's one thing my class cant tank anything now.
If anything, an assassin after 1.3 is just a dps class with 2 specs instead of 3.
It is not enough for me to succeed -- others should fail

savagedialects's Avatar


savagedialects
06.28.2012 , 10:23 AM | #12
And if you are going to post something like

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!"

you need to reread the whole thread.

I don't look to tank things as a DPS. The fact you people think I can just flip stances and tank anything or take like 90% less damage need to uninstall.

Play an assassin first, then talk.

Additionally, we are a cloth/tissue/light armor class.
Meaning we are like the paper melee. Meaning everything else in melee range have more survivability than me purely based on armor.
It is not enough for me to succeed -- others should fail

CecilPaladin's Avatar


CecilPaladin
06.28.2012 , 04:07 PM | #13
I think you need to go back to WoW. Even though I've adapted to having the "any class should be able to compete" mentality, it's not something you can actually expect from a different game to carry over here. To expect otherwise and QQ is just pointless at this stage, and it doesn't even seem like you are even open to a discussion.

I'll just let your OWN words explain your predicament:

Quote: Originally Posted by savagedialects View Post
It's one thing my class cant tank anything now.
If anything, an assassin after 1.3 is just a dps class with 2 specs instead of 3.
So you are complaining that the class you rolled can't tank anymore. And by now you've probably realized Assassin dps for PvE is pretty horrible. You don't just want to play your assassin for the "fun factor" but actually want to compete on the meters.

Frankly you picked the wrong class and might want to reroll. When other's have suggested that you say:

Quote: Originally Posted by savagedialects View Post
I don't really care what any Pure DPS class says. You chose that class because you wanted to, and I chose mine because I wanted to.
You chose your class to tank am I right? When that didn't work out you tried to dps and noticed others are doing more damage.

Quote: Originally Posted by savagedialects View Post
All I have to say is, TOUGH LUCK.

Snipers picked that class knowing that they are only going to be able to dps.
So you admit that people who were serious about filling the dps role intentionally picked a class that does mainly . . . . . . that's right, dps. You picked a tanking class and now want that to magically turn out to a dps class. You might as well petition for a "change your advanced class" button to be installed into the game.

Finally, no need to say any more since you already said it.

Quote: Originally Posted by savagedialects View Post
"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET!"

Hambunctious's Avatar


Hambunctious
06.28.2012 , 05:26 PM | #14
Um, assassin isn't a tanking class. It's a dps class that can choose to tank. I have to agree with the OP. Pigeonholing classes based on having one non-dps tree choice isn't right. The dps trees should be just as viable, and at least be within 5% of pure dps. That was BW's stated goal, and in many cases they're nowhere near that close.

There are broken trees in nearly every class, mostly dps trees, and BW needs to fix them.

savagedialects's Avatar


savagedialects
06.28.2012 , 05:42 PM | #15
Again I will restate.

ASSASSIN = CLASS
DARKNESS = TANK

Assassin isnt a tanking class. It's a class that can tank. All the classes are inherently dps. You chose weather or not you want to tank or dps or heal. Just because I have the option to repsec to a tank doesn't mean my dps should be lower in my dps spec. Make sense please.
It is not enough for me to succeed -- others should fail

CecilPaladin's Avatar


CecilPaladin
06.28.2012 , 05:51 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by savagedialects View Post
Assassin isnt a tanking class. It's a class that can tank. All the classes are inherently dps. You chose weather or not you want to tank or dps or heal. Just because I have the option to repsec to a tank doesn't mean my dps should be lower in my dps spec. Make sense please.
Again you missed the point.

Maybe there's another way I can say this. My Sorc can dps or heal. As a dps I top the charts. I can dps with ZERO issues. I play a hybrid class.

An Operative class can dps or heal. Their PvE dps is not up to par. It's just the current round of nerf/buffs and they are at the lower end of dps damage.

You play an Assassin class yes. Your class can tank or dps. Your class's dps is subpar at the moment.

My point, reroll and play a class that has better pve dps results if that is what you are after. Class position in terms of dps meters change from patch to patch. Either just dps on your assassin and be happy with the results or just reroll a different class.

I can assure you that if you rolled a SIth Marauder FOR dps'ing that you won't be disappointed.

savagedialects's Avatar


savagedialects
06.28.2012 , 05:59 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CecilPaladin View Post
Again you missed the point.

Maybe there's another way I can say this. My Sorc can dps or heal. As a dps I top the charts. I can dps with ZERO issues. I play a hybrid class.

An Operative class can dps or heal. Their PvE dps is not up to par. It's just the current round of nerf/buffs and they are at the lower end of dps damage.

You play an Assassin class yes. Your class can tank or dps. Your class's dps is subpar at the moment.

My point, reroll and play a class that has better pve dps results if that is what you are after. Class position in terms of dps meters change from patch to patch. Either just dps on your assassin and be happy with the results or just reroll a different class.

I can assure you that if you rolled a SIth Marauder FOR dps'ing that you won't be disappointed.
I out damage everybody I play with. I'm not disapointed at all with my dps; in fact, I usually top all of the charts as Madness. I love this spec... I don't want o reroll because flavor of the month BS. People need to understand that There are only 3 tanks in the game. Just because I am an assassin doesn't mean I am a tank. My disadvantage is that I only have 2 dps specs to play with.

Read the first post. I'm not asking for a buff. I'm asking for a mindset change. You should WANT the classes to have the same base dps values. That makes the game skill oriented. You don't play an assassin. We can't tank HM OPS at all now. It simply is not possible. I have to dps OPS. So Please, accept Assassin dps of any spec as an acceptable form of it. I do around 2k in BiS gear and I am tired of all the hate.
It is not enough for me to succeed -- others should fail

CelticMarauder's Avatar


CelticMarauder
06.28.2012 , 06:04 PM | #18
While I don't have the same rage and anger that the OP has, I do think he's mostly right. Any tree labeled as DPS should be able to play competitively against any other tree labeled as DPS. Obviously the numbers shouldn't be exactly the same; that would remove any variety between classes. Instead, the DPS trees with lower raw damage numbers (such as Assassin) should bring in more utility to make up for it. Conversely, trees with incredibly high raw damage should have somewhat less utility in order to make the playing field more or less level. I believe this is in line with Bioware's original goal of not creating any DPS class that's inherently weaker overall than the others.
Target the Reavers. Target the Reavers. Target Everyone! SOMEBODY FIRE! - The Operative
Life's full of disappointments roly-poly. - Smuggler to a hutt.
We have intelligence that suggests that Hitler is plotting with the Legion of Doom to assassinate Jesus...using the lake as a base. - Lois Griffin

CecilPaladin's Avatar


CecilPaladin
06.28.2012 , 06:06 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by savagedialects View Post
Read the first post. I'm not asking for a buff. I'm asking for a mindset change.
Wow didn't get that AT ALL from your original post. I'd suggest you reread it along with your other posts. You scream of "I want Assassin dps to do as much as pure dps classes".

Quote: Originally Posted by savagedialects View Post
I dont care that my class can tank or heal or what have you. I am a dps. I expect to do just as much damage as anyone else that is speced as a dps.

I am tired of reading these threads about how Marauders/Sents and Snipers/Gunslingers and whatever should inherently do more damage than me - an Assassin (I am supposed to kill things... its why I'm an ASSASSIN) - simply because of their class. I don't really care what any Pure DPS class says. You chose that class because you wanted to, and I chose mine because I wanted to. Your argument is foolish. ANY hybrid class should be able to dps JUST AS GOOD as you IF NOT BETTER. I can't just bust out tanking as a Madness Assassin Or Balance Shadow. It doesnt work like that because it isn't a TANK spec. You see where I am going with this?

All dps should be created equal -- jUst as all tanks and healers should be. Sorry you were too narrow minded to roll a hybrid class I guess? That doesn't mean you get to destroy us all in damage. How does that make any sense?

They don't make any straight Tank or Heal classes. Why give Straight dps classes an unfair-and-stupid-in-pvp-and-pve advantage?
Why didn't you just start out with "I'm not asking for a buff. I'm asking for a mindset change." More along the lines of, can pure dps classes stop asking for buffs to outdps my hybrid class or something like that. Or "I top the dps charts as a hybrid class, deal with it pure dps classes".

JMacneish's Avatar


JMacneish
06.28.2012 , 06:15 PM | #20
a good player will beat a weaker player regadless of what the numbers say i play a "hybrid" class a comando and im matching pure dps classes in ops for dps (i dont pvp personaly) your probelm might not be the class it might be YOU not getting the best from your chosen class