Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error code c6 since patch 1.3

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Error code c6 since patch 1.3
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KatannaMax
06.27.2012 , 02:44 AM | #1
My game has started persistently shutting down to desktop shortly after launching since the 1.3 patch was installed. I was able to play once after the patch but, ever since, this problem has been going on each and every time I try to launch the game. There is an error box that comes up after the crash but disappears again after only a second or two. From what I am able to read during the brief time it is up, it says that I have an error code c6 and something about being unable to create temporary files. It asks if I have at least 2 GB of free space on the hard drive - I actually have over 90 GB of free space on my hard drive. I have been playing problem free since April and have made no changes to my system, so I think it is unlikely that the problem lies there.

KatannaMax
06.27.2012 , 02:51 AM | #2
In case you need it, here is my DXDIAG:

Spoiler

Lsheistaon
06.27.2012 , 02:53 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings KatannaMax,

Thank you for your post. To begin with I'd like to request a copy of your launcher logs. In a default installation these files can be found here:
  • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
  • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
Example file name: launcher_20111122.Log

Thank You.

Lsheistaon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

KatannaMax
06.27.2012 , 03:01 AM | #4
I had to cut the launcher log in two to fit it into the 50 000 char limit. Here is part 1.
Spoiler

KatannaMax
06.27.2012 , 03:02 AM | #5
And part 2:
Spoiler

Lsheistaon
06.27.2012 , 03:10 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi KatannaMax,

Thank you for posting your launcher logs. Can you please confirm that you both are running the launcher and client in administrator mode, as well as having at least 5GB free on your system drive?

As well, please attempt running a repair of your client files through your launcher. This can be done by selecting the repair option in the launcher options menu. This is found by clicking the cog in the bottom left corner of your launcher after you have logged in and applied any outstanding patches.

Let us know if this helps.

KatannaMax
06.27.2012 , 03:49 AM | #7
I went into the Properties of the launcher shortcut and, under Compatibility, ticked Run as Adminstrator. I then ran the launcher, clicked Play and it launched successfully. I then exited and launched it again and it worked again so the problem seems resolved. Thank you for your help with this. I do find it strange that I've been playing for over two months without running as admin and then it suddenly needs it now. Was that a change in the 1.3 patch?

Lsheistaon
06.27.2012 , 04:07 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings KatannaMax,

I'm happy to hear that you have been able to succesfully launch the game. With regard to why you wouldn't have ran it as in administrator mode previously, little things could trigger the need for the change and users often have to check their settings or adjust them after a patch.

If there is anything else we can help you with, contact us again.

Zonixa
07.01.2013 , 06:33 PM | #9
Your suggested solutions are a complete failure... and I was in the game not an hour ago.
Who Dares Wins

Mundako
07.01.2013 , 06:50 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Zonixa,

From reading your post I assume that you are currently affected by error code C6. Furthermore I would guess that the crash crashed the last time you were playing successfully? This might lead to error code C6, which basically means that the game is not able to access or create temporary cache files.

Please take a look at the following folders and delete the mentioned files if they are there:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\DiskCacheArena
- C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\DiskCacheStatic
- C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\SWTOR\DiskCacheStream

After deleting the files, please run the launcher again and let us know if this helps. Thanks.
Mundako | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support