Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patching Error!!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

yageman
06.27.2012 , 12:38 AM | #1
Error that I along with many other people are getting: During installation of 1.3 the launcher/installer claims there is an "error" and the files need repair....

BIOWARES Solution/Respone to it's customers: Run checkdisk your hard drive is bad.

MY RESPONE: FIX THIS PATCHING ERROR OR I'M NOT RENEWING MY SUBSCRIPTION WHEN IT EXPIRES IN 3 DAYS. THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVING THE SAME ERROR AT THE SAME INSTANCE WITH A NEW PATCH IS NOT MASS MALFUNCTIONING HARDDRIVE SYNCHRONICITY. FIX THE BUNK PATCH!!!!

Lsheistaon
06.27.2012 , 01:59 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi yageman,

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue. We recommend that you complete the steps outlined in the following thread. It essential that all steps are followed and completed.

If you are still experiencing this issue following this, please submit a ticket to our Customer Support Technical team for further investigation.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

Lsheistaon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Kindajenin
06.27.2012 , 02:02 AM | #3 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by yageman View Post
Error that I along with many other people are getting: During installation of 1.3 the launcher/installer claims there is an "error" and the files need repair....

BIOWARES Solution/Respone to it's customers: Run checkdisk your hard drive is bad.

MY RESPONE: FIX THIS PATCHING ERROR OR I'M NOT RENEWING MY SUBSCRIPTION WHEN IT EXPIRES IN 3 DAYS. THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVING THE SAME ERROR AT THE SAME INSTANCE WITH A NEW PATCH IS NOT MASS MALFUNCTIONING HARDDRIVE SYNCHRONICITY. FIX THE BUNK PATCH!!!!
Greetings yageman,

Can I just have a quick look at your launcher logs to see if I can help you.

Please post the Log within code tags or spoiler tags

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:

- For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
or
- For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt”
Kindajenin| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

yageman
06.27.2012 , 02:23 AM | #4
@Kindajenin - here is the first log of the night... click spoiler to read log

Spoiler

yageman
06.27.2012 , 02:24 AM | #5
@Kindajenin - here is the second log...
Spoiler

yageman
06.27.2012 , 02:25 AM | #6
Second log continued.. was too much text for 1 post...
Spoiler

yageman
06.27.2012 , 02:32 AM | #7
Launcher fixed itself.. the repair moved at a snails pace and messed up twice but now it finally works, thanks Kindajenin. Still an unsolved mystery though.

yageman
06.27.2012 , 04:02 AM | #8
This is what worked for me... close launcher, close any antivirus and/or similar programs, run as administrator the launcher. Yes the repair takes ages, but yes it did stop looping and actually worked after these 3 easy steps.