Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy of Crafting clarification?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Legacy of Crafting clarification?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darthflowmotion
05.06.2013 , 10:21 PM | #61
bump .

Cleet_Xia
05.09.2013 , 01:03 AM | #62
"Efficiency" reduces the time of crafting or crew missions from a particular mission skill.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Darthflowmotion
05.09.2013 , 02:57 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
"Efficiency" reduces the time of crafting or crew missions from a particular mission skill.
thank you, thats what i had assumed before i read 3/4 of this thread

Cleet_Xia
05.09.2013 , 03:34 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Darthflowmotion View Post
thank you, thats what i had assumed before i read 3/4 of this thread
just to clear it up

1) the SHIP repair droid ~a legacy unlock~ sells the droid sensor parts for your C2 & 2V series protocol droid
these parts will provide bonuses to your protocol droid that can improve their efficiency at specific crew skills (reducing their time to complete) & possibly improving their crit chance at crafting or crew missions (not all crafts & crew mission skills are equally supported by these sensor parts)

2) the FEILD repair droid ~also a legacy unlock~ at the 3rd grade when you can summon it every 15 minutes, sells white crafting mats like a crew skill vender.

3) Legacy of Crafting ~another legacy unlock~ improves the crit rate for all crew missions and crafting tasks by 1% per grade of the perk up to 3%

4) Companion effection improves crit rate by 1% per every 2000 affection gained. A companion with max affection has a +5% to crit rate.

.......all these various sources of crit rate improvement can increase your crit rate for certain skills by quite a bit. For some crew skills the ship droid can have a bonus of up to 10% to it's crit rate.

Darthflowmotion
05.09.2013 , 05:17 PM | #65

4) Companion effection improves crit rate by 1% per every 2000 affection gained. A companion with max affection has a +5% to crit rate.

.......all these various sources of crit rate improvement can increase your crit rate for certain skills by quite a bit. For some crew skills the ship droid can have a bonus of up to 10% to it's crit rate.
ah, that is useful information. so i have the legacy augment +3% crit (biochem) and my comp is maxed out, that means 8% right?

Cleet_Xia
05.09.2013 , 06:04 PM | #66
Yep, you got it.

Darthflowmotion
05.09.2013 , 10:23 PM | #67
Yep, you got it.
thank you

Jahosefat
05.09.2013 , 11:19 PM | #68
What is awesome about this (or not) is that I have +2 cit on my companion, full 10k affection, and full legacy unlock...so should be about 10% give or take crit chance.

I have now run 49...yes 49 "Unsliceable" slicing missions in a row since 2.1 and have yet to crit a single Thermal Regulator.

Now either i am bugged, extremely unlucky, or something is not working as intended. I used to crit these about 1/5 of the time before the latest patch.

Toraak
05.09.2013 , 11:37 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Jahosefat View Post
What is awesome about this (or not) is that I have +2 cit on my companion, full 10k affection, and full legacy unlock...so should be about 10% give or take crit chance.

I have now run 49...yes 49 "Unsliceable" slicing missions in a row since 2.1 and have yet to crit a single Thermal Regulator.

Now either i am bugged, extremely unlucky, or something is not working as intended. I used to crit these about 1/5 of the time before the latest patch.
The legacy perk for Critical Crafting, does not affect Crew missions such as slicing. It only increases the critical chance for getting any Augment on a crafted item, or if an item your crafting doesn't allow for an Augment, to make multiple of that same item. Because of this you do not gain the +3% critical chance from it, so you in reality have +7%, not +10%
Shadowbane Veteran
WoW Veteran

Jahosefat
05.09.2013 , 11:49 PM | #70
7% or 10% either way

0/49 crits on a rich mission costing 3.5k credits does not seem right to me. Just saying