Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy of Crafting clarification?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Legacy of Crafting clarification?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ScicleX
06.26.2012 , 10:05 PM | #1
I have a few questions regarding the Legacy of Crafting Character Perks included in 1.3. In the Tooltip it states "Increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting by 1%."
Does this only affect items that can receive an augment slot such as earpiece/implant/relic/wrist/belt/head/chest/legs/hands/feet/offhand/main hand?
Does it affect mods such as armoring/mod/enhancement/augment/barrel/hilt/color crystal?
Does it affect items such as speeder/ship part/grenade/stim/adrenal/med pack/augment kit?
Officer, CotP SWTOR PVE The Shadowlands Chapter
Membership Application - Covenant of the Phoenix - Chapter Forums
Republic: Sciclex - Le'sath - Alniyat - Shaula
Empire: Ant-ares - Apølløn - Dschubba - Graffias

Hett
06.27.2012 , 02:31 AM | #2
I'd like to have a clear answer from devs too...

Zaemiel
06.27.2012 , 02:39 AM | #3
I have a impression, that bonus gives not just crafting "augmented results". Yesterday most of my crew mission crited (like never before), some slicing nods crited too and I got 2 epic items in a row!

It can be coincedence, but...
Please, Bioware, can you create a free PvP and PvE space battle please! Swoop racing is also welcome!

Micadog
06.27.2012 , 04:06 AM | #4
Well the blog post says:

" increases the chance that your companions will achieve a critical success when using crafting skills"

But the wording on the Legacy window tooltip is ambiguous to say the least:

"Increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting."

From the patch notes:

"Increased chance for a companion to craft Exceptional gear"

So is that 'augmented' a flat increased crit chance across all Crew Skills or just an increased chance to add an Augment slot on crafted items only.

Yes, clarification is needed I think.

Erevan_Kindelar
06.27.2012 , 04:09 AM | #5
Not an official response, but the way I have understood it based on experience from PTS and playing last night is that the bonus will increase your chance to crit... in the cases where a crit craft leads to an augment slot, it therefore gives you an increased chance of an augment slot... in the cases where a crit craft results in two items for the cost of 1, it gives you an increased chance of getting 2 for 1.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Yogol
06.27.2012 , 06:26 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ScicleX View Post
I have a few questions regarding the Legacy of Crafting Character Perks included in 1.3. In the Tooltip it states "Increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting by 1%."
Does this only affect items that can receive an augment slot such as earpiece/implant/relic/wrist/belt/head/chest/legs/hands/feet/offhand/main hand?
Does it affect mods such as armoring/mod/enhancement/augment/barrel/hilt/color crystal?
Does it affect items such as speeder/ship part/grenade/stim/adrenal/med pack/augment kit?
No one knows. Except Bioware. And they ignore all our posts about it.

But, hey, they DO post how to pronounce Columni, and THAT is important, right ?
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Sambril
06.27.2012 , 09:29 AM | #7
Answered in this thread on CS board:

Quote: Originally Posted by Beruthien View Post
Greetings ScicleX,

Dacce has provided the correct information.

This Legacy perk only affects crafting when you are making an item that can be crit-crafted with an augment slot for example weapons and armor.

Crafting of such items as item modifications are not impacted by this perk.

Thank you in advance!

Micadog
06.27.2012 , 09:36 AM | #8
Well if that is the case, then they need to change the wording in the Dev blog which is now totally misleading.

If this is correct then it has gone from:

" increases the chance that your companions will achieve a critical success when using crafting skills"

to:

This Legacy perk only affects crafting when you are making an item that can be crit-crafted with an augment slot for example weapons and armor.

I am so glad I held back on purchasing that perk.

GnatB
06.27.2012 , 10:36 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Micadog View Post
Well if that is the case, then they need to change the wording in the Dev blog which is now totally misleading.

If this is correct then it has gone from:

to:

I am so glad I held back on purchasing that perk.
I wouldn't assume dev blog posts to always be entirely factual. Blogs are written DURING development... and things change DURING development. The patch notes and tooltip seem pretty blantantly saying aug slots only... which is what people should expect.

chimunga
06.28.2012 , 08:08 AM | #10
Got sent here from a thread I posted about this.

Thanks for the clarification. I am disappointed it changed from what they were going to have, but I understand why. A total of 3% crit chance is a big boost. I'm serious. That's more than a lot of companions give for one specific crew skill. So I get it, but that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed.