Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Legacy of Crafting clarification?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Legacy of Crafting clarification?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ScicleX
06.26.2012 , 10:04 PM | #1
I have a few questions regarding the Legacy of Crafting Character Perks included in 1.3. In the Tooltip it states "Increases the chance of an augmented result while crafting by 1%."
Does this only affect items that can receive an augment slot such as earpiece/implant/relic/wrist/belt/head/chest/legs/hands/feet/offhand/main hand?
Does it affect mods such as armoring/mod/enhancement/augment/barrel/hilt/color crystal?
Does it affect items such as speeder/ship part/grenade/stim/adrenal/med pack/augment kit?
Officer, CotP SWTOR PVE The Shadowlands Chapter
Membership Application - Covenant of the Phoenix - Chapter Forums
Republic: Sciclex - Le'sath - Alniyat - Shaula
Empire: Ant-ares - Apølløn - Dschubba - Graffias

Dacce
06.26.2012 , 10:18 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by ScicleX View Post
Does it affect mods such as armoring/mod/enhancement/augment/barrel/hilt/color crystal?
Does it affect items such as speeder/ship part/grenade/stim/adrenal/med pack/augment kit?
I am extremely certain that none of those items can be augmented so, no. None of these items will be able to be crafted with an augment slot.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

ScicleX
06.26.2012 , 10:26 PM | #3
My guild mates and I were debating the issue and I feel only an employee of BioWare could properly translate the meaning behind the text. Just looking for a clear, concise answer.

Beruthien
06.26.2012 , 10:28 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings ScicleX,

This Legacy perk increases crit chance by 1%, even for non-augmentable items.
Thank you in advance!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Roadblck
06.26.2012 , 11:21 PM | #5
BUT and this is a BIG BUT......only to the character you purchase this for........
Come over to the DARKSIDE!!!

Splaktar
06.28.2012 , 09:43 AM | #6
Looks like the blog needs to be updated.
Splaktar - Arsenal Mercenary [50] - Master Armormech (UT/Slicing)
Samas - Engineering Sniper [42] - Armstech (Scavenging/Investigation)
Pak'Cafan - Jedi Covenant

Giolon
06.28.2012 , 12:48 PM | #7
The information stated here by CS directly contradicts the info posted by Allison previously:

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).
So which is correct?
Da'ru Ar'lya - Jedi Seer
¤~Giolon

ScicleX
06.30.2012 , 05:07 AM | #8
I would also like further clarification on this contradiction of information.

Beesodd
06.30.2012 , 06:40 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi everyone,

I'd like to clear up the earlier confusion. Legacy of Crafting gives a crit chance increase, not just for augmented items, but for non-augmentable items too.

For non-augmentable items that can crit, this increases the chance of getting bonus items when you craft.

I have updated my colleague's earlier post to reflect this, and I apologize for the confusion.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

OllehEybdoog
06.30.2012 , 07:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Giolon View Post
The information stated here by CS directly contradicts the info posted by Allison previously:

So which is correct?
Technically both are correct. You get an augment slot when you crit on crafting. The post in this thread was just stating it more simply than what Allison originally did.