Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

jedi shadow and dual wield

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
jedi shadow and dual wield

EvilKiwiFruit
06.26.2012 , 08:27 PM | #1
I am a level 14 jedi shadow and was wondering if i can learn to dual wield somehow or if i can only use either one saber or my double bladed saber. Anyone able to answer for me?

Sir_D
06.26.2012 , 08:30 PM | #2
Double bladed and single, no dual wield. If you want to dual wield role a sentinel or marauder.

Erevan_Kindelar
06.27.2012 , 03:46 AM | #3
The wielding breakdown is like this:

Guardian/Juggernaugt: Single lightsabre only, shield/power generator in the offhand.
Sentinel/Marauder: Single lightsabre in the main hand with something else in the offhand (or a spare hand to fix your hair in mid-fight), or Dual wield with a main hand sabre and an offhand sabre.
Shadow/Assassin: Single lightsabre in the main hand with something else in the offhand (or a spare hand to fix your hair in mid-fight), or Double-bladed Lightsabre with a Shield/Power Generator in the offhand although I am sure I have seen some Sins using a Force Focus for DPS purposes.
Sage/Sorcerer: Single lightsabre only, with a Force Focus in the offhand.
No, really! I am telling the truth, honestly! Look I can prove it, I am a politician! I am as honest as the day is long!
Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving... oh damn, err, that last comment was off the record, right?

Xiahoufig
06.27.2012 , 06:32 AM | #4
As a shadow/assassin, a double-bladed saber is your only (viable) choice. As far as I'm aware of, the saber charges only work with a double-bladed saber.
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)

Atramar
06.27.2012 , 06:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiahoufig View Post
As a shadow/assassin, a double-bladed saber is your only (viable) choice. As far as I'm aware of, the saber charges only work with a double-bladed saber.
some skills need double, but doublebladed has more dmg base (not force power, or any other stat, so sorcerers not affected)

Owsley
06.27.2012 , 09:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by EvilKiwiFruit View Post
I am a level 14 jedi shadow and was wondering if i can learn to dual wield somehow or if i can only use either one saber or my double bladed saber. Anyone able to answer for me?
You "learn" to dual wield by selecting the proper advance class. You missed the opportunity when you selected Shadow.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

Xiahoufig
06.27.2012 , 10:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Owsley View Post
You "learn" to dual wield by selecting the proper advance class. You missed the opportunity when you selected Shadow.
As a consular, he never had the opportunity to begin with
The Valakut Legacy- The Shadowlands
Hessero 55 Operative (Concealment now and forever)
Ma'ssar'tau 35 Gunslinger (Boom baby)