Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

where to go from here? noob needs help!!

dirtyduke
06.26.2012 , 07:35 PM | #1
ok, so i'm a 50 Sentinel and have been doing dailies and warzones since the server transfers started. I have mostly battlemaster gear, some recruit stuff. I have only done 1 flashpoint , the esseles. my questions are:
1. do i need 2 sets of gear? ( 1 for PvP, 1 for FP's)
2. do i do the lower-level FP's in storymode or jump into hardmode?
2a. how would this effect grouping with other players, like if I group with a bunch of 20'somethings for athiss?

I appreciate any help as I am trying to avoid and correct my playing errors. Thanks!!

epicfear
06.26.2012 , 08:23 PM | #2
Generally, PVP gear can work in PVE content, but not the other way around. (expertise is one of the most important stats in PVP, and it only comes on PVP gear, but the gear is also very respectable in other stats.) I wouldn't run an operation in, say recruit gear (i wouldn't run an operation yet anyway, im the 3rd level 50 in my guild). but for simply higher end flashpints and low end hard modes, pvp gear should be serviceable.
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the Star Wars EU

Lightning_
06.27.2012 , 03:46 AM | #3
I'd say do this:
1) Complete your battlemaster set (it's really not that long)
2) Jump into HM FPs (except Lost Island)
3) Jump into Story Mode Ops (EV first)
4) Accumulate your PvE set

Yes, you'll need two sets in the end. Battlemaster will be sufficient for both PvP and PvE for the start, but then you'll start getting some Columi, Rakata and BH gear and build separate PvE set.

I don't think you'll get any fun from doing low-level FPs. Sure you'll see the story, but I'd suggest rolling an alt and going through them at level - otherwise you won't feel the story to be epic. It's just a pushover when your companion can solo the whole FP with yourself sleeping through it.

WaldoA
06.27.2012 , 03:54 AM | #4
To be honest, mos tof the battlemaster gear is best PvE gear you can get for a while aswell. I myself only enjoy PvP so I have plenty of characters, I find 50 boring and as soon as I hit 50 on a character I reroll as nothing appeals to me after 50.