Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot Rules

wainot-keel
06.28.2012 , 12:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Brissellio View Post
You are absolutely right about talking about loot before hand. Not too sure what you mean at the end of your question but I have noticed quite a few guilds getting a 4 man geared pre made for story mode ops and helping 4 others through it.

I have done this with my guild i get the newest 50's grab up 4 of them and get 4 of my most geared guys and then que up for group finder with them. Get into our instance and help them through it. Helps harbor a good community on servers.
I was mostly talking about the FPs. A lot of people with decent gear stopped doing them. Now some came back to them for the BH comms, maybe gear their companions. And the new 50s, well, they need gear and BH comms. My point is, in a pug, everybody is there for their own convinience and everybody's time worths the same. Is the nice thing to do to pass/greed on stuff ? Sure. Is it wrong if you don't ? I don't think so.

Gearing up new 50s within the guild is a totally different matter. We've done that ourselves, even before 1.3. Story mode Ops are more rewarding in terms of invested time/drops, so that's the best way to do it.

BoneEater
06.28.2012 , 05:05 PM | #22
Oh dear, this is going to be like WoW's dungeon finder all over again. Greedy stupid people needing everything they can get their hands on.

How is this not fixed?
. Never forget

"Use the force Harry." -Gandalf

DiLune
06.28.2012 , 05:15 PM | #23
Need (locked to class)
Companion (just above greed, lets people greed if they don't care whether their companion gets it or not so they don't have to pass if someone goes "can I have this for my companion?")
Greed (for everyone)

Which is what people have been saying since beta.

grallmate
06.28.2012 , 05:53 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DiLune View Post
Need (locked to class)
Companion (just above greed, lets people greed if they don't care whether their companion gets it or not so they don't have to pass if someone goes "can I have this for my companion?")
Greed (for everyone)

Where does, "I wanna rip out the Enhancement because my class gear has horribly itemised stats" fit in that scale?

Khevar
06.28.2012 , 06:54 PM | #25
Hopefully loot can just be discussed and agreed upon.

In a recent group I did, someone was needing on things uneccesarily. Someone asked him to only need on class based gear, after which he did, and the rest of the FP went smoothly.

Someone that would ignore that request and require enforced cooperation isn't going to be a good teammate anyway.

Ancaglon
06.29.2012 , 07:10 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DiLune View Post
Need (locked to class)
Greed (for everyone)

^This. "I need the cash I can get by selling it" should not be part of the definition of "Need" in a NBG loot roll.

Screaming_Ziva
06.29.2012 , 12:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
IA slightly different example. I did a raid a while back. One of my guildies decided to gear up a bit one of his alts. But when the time came, oops.... no, the op leader told him that he couldn't roll on stuff because people's mains had priority. I understand the reasoning behind it, but that sucked regardless. He worked just as hard as everybody else and got shafted because some sort of arbitrary reason.
I think I would have left the raid immediately and then seriously considered a /gquit.

Eternalnight
06.29.2012 , 12:23 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancaglon View Post
^This. "I need the cash I can get by selling it" should not be part of the definition of "Need" in a NBG loot roll.
There is a reason why the button for greed roll in almost every game, including this one, is a money symbol

Sambril
06.30.2012 , 03:01 AM | #29
I would like to see a system to restrict the need button on items that are class specific. This game has smart loot, it will determine what drops based on the classes in the group - not their companions or alts. It is intended as a reward for members of that class. If they don't want it they can greed/pass and it is open to others via a normal greed roll. A seperate companion button might also make sense.

I had this happen on a final boss - lost a trooper helm to a sage. Up to that point everyone had need/greed/pass 'correctly' so there was no indication of a problem. OK +1 for the ignore list and move on, at least I still get BH comms and other rewards, but the game could prevent such issues.
The Starlight Legacy

"Troopers do it in heavy armor"

Sindistical
07.16.2012 , 03:15 PM | #30
I totally agree that the loot rules need to be changed. If ,say a token drops and it is for your class then fine need all you want. But if if you need it for a companion then you greed. It's not that hard. Need needs to be restricted to class only items. It took me 4 days to get a token for legs because the 3 times it did drop some ignorant moron just needed on it for whatever reason. This abuse of the system needs to stop.