Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Loot Rules

Aikimi
06.27.2012 , 11:46 AM | #11
Well, actually it does in fact qualify as a 'need' given that none of my companion characters currently has any armor or weapons of any kind. They all needed to be sold off to rebuild cash and repair after an ill-advised and premature run at a major boss. So now I need new gear - a lot of different kinds of gear. While your point makes sense if you predominantly play groups where companions don't factor in, it doesn't mesh with a significant amount of gameplay.

Unless the devs change it, you're just going to continue to be frustrated. I had a team mate rage-quit a while back over it. If they had just asked I would have done a transfer through the ops. Instead they started a profanity-laced tirade. Sorry - they lose. Civility wins out with a good majority of players here. On the other hand, I like the idea of adding a companion button. Keep in mind too, that there are probably a lot of people new to playing in groups at all with the new system. Etiquette will take a while to work out.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________
I can feel the hate swelling in you now . . .

DSafana
06.27.2012 , 12:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Aikimi View Post
Well, actually it does in fact qualify as a 'need' given that none of my companion characters currently has any armor or weapons of any kind. They all needed to be sold off to rebuild cash and repair after an ill-advised and premature run at a major boss. So now I need new gear - a lot of different kinds of gear. While your point makes sense if you predominantly play groups where companions don't factor in, it doesn't mesh with a significant amount of gameplay.

Unless the devs change it, you're just going to continue to be frustrated. I had a team mate rage-quit a while back over it. If they had just asked I would have done a transfer through the ops. Instead they started a profanity-laced tirade. Sorry - they lose. Civility wins out with a good majority of players here. On the other hand, I like the idea of adding a companion button. Keep in mind too, that there are probably a lot of people new to playing in groups at all with the new system. Etiquette will take a while to work out.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________
I can feel the hate swelling in you now . . .

If you needed an item for your companions and you were in my group, I would put you on ignore (so I would never have to group with you again) and I would leave the FP/ OP so you would not get Credit for the BH comms. Then YOU and YOUR companions could go figure how to complete the dailies by yourselves.

RLWalker
06.27.2012 , 03:02 PM | #13
I would rather not have restrictions put in place. "Need" has a lot of different definitions and ranking them is not easy. The main deterrent will be vote kick and ignore. People that regularly abuse the need roll will soon find themselves with longer and longer queue times. In addition, the tool is server-only so reputation will matter. If there is a particular item you are looking for I highly suggest negotiating before it drops to prevent any drama.

One thing that would be nice is a 1 hour window to trade bound items. This goes a long way to correcting mistakes and (if BioWare is listening) cutting down the number of CS tickets.

Aetideus
06.27.2012 , 03:41 PM | #14
A good idea could be to add a group optional rule, class looting.

Elear
06.27.2012 , 04:53 PM | #15
Ignore. Use it. You'll never be grouped with him again. He pulls it off for other people, and soon LFG will stop working for him.

Kanren
06.27.2012 , 07:20 PM | #16
In my opinion, what should be implemented is a loot system that is based on your main Stat and Armor type. That way if a heavy piece with Aim drops, then only BH/Trooper can roll need, other classes only greed. It would make the most since.

Pubsam
06.27.2012 , 07:36 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Derriden View Post
People think they have a degree of anonymity so don't care about screwing people over.
I wouldn't mind restricting need, but until then keep in mind that this is not WoW with cross-realm LFD. People do NOT have anonymity here. After the FP is done you're all spit out back onto the same fleet still in party!

So don't let people get away with stuff! Ask them not to need on other class' armor over another player. If they are rude you can talk to their guild. You can warn your guild. At the very least you can put them on ignore and never see them again. Don't let this behavior slide, or shrug your shoulders and sigh, and restrictions on needing might be... unneeded.
Time for a nap.

Utania
06.28.2012 , 08:24 AM | #18
Could also discuss any loot rules up front. If you don't like what's discussed you can always leave before wasting any further time.

One of the groups I was in said it was find to need for companions.

wainot-keel
06.28.2012 , 11:20 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Utania View Post
Could also discuss any loot rules up front. If you don't like what's discussed you can always leave before wasting any further time.

One of the groups I was in said it was find to need for companions.
Everything should be disscussed and agreed on.
Like I said few posts above, is not your character the one doing the work. There's a player behind it and everybody is investing the same time and effort than everybody else. From that point of view, does someone has more right to stuff than the other ? And let's be honest, we're talking about pugs. How many people do those for their own reasons and how many to gear the other players ?

Brissellio
06.28.2012 , 11:32 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Everything should be disscussed and agreed on.
Like I said few posts above, is not your character the one doing the work. There's a player behind it and everybody is investing the same time and effort than everybody else. From that point of view, does someone has more right to stuff than the other ? And let's be honest, we're talking about pugs. How many people do those for their own reasons and how many to gear the other players ?
You are absolutely right about talking about loot before hand. Not too sure what you mean at the end of your question but I have noticed quite a few guilds getting a 4 man geared pre made for story mode ops and helping 4 others through it.

I have done this with my guild i get the newest 50's grab up 4 of them and get 4 of my most geared guys and then que up for group finder with them. Get into our instance and help them through it. Helps harbor a good community on servers.