Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EV & KP using Group Finder. How is it?

WhackedRampage
06.27.2012 , 01:56 AM | #11
Found a group in about 5 minutes using group finder. We got through EV in about 40 minutes.

Lightning_
06.27.2012 , 03:31 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
Somehow I don't see most of the pug groups going through pylons or the kp puzzle droid.
Assuming they will even reach them.
Pylons are so easy now that you just can't fail at them on Story Mode.
Fabricator may be a bit more interesting, probably will require at least 3 players who've done it before.

Hojdar
06.27.2012 , 04:53 AM | #13
In my 3rd group finder ops for EV, we finally got the first boss down without anyone going rambo or leaving etc. The smuggler gloves drop and 6 people need on it, when I'm the only smuggler. I was like: Screw you guys, I'm going home.

Infalliable
06.27.2012 , 07:07 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightning_ View Post
Pylons are so easy now that you just can't fail at them on Story Mode.
Fabricator may be a bit more interesting, probably will require at least 3 players who've done it before.
Fabricator will be interesting in a PUG. It really requires 2-3 button people who really know it well, or 1 person on directing on voice comms and 1-2 others to hit the buttons when told. Coordination is key in solving the puzzle and you can waste a huge amount of time if coordination and understanding is lacking.

The tricky part is the fight is easiest with 3 people on buttons (with 1 of them being a healer) as you can move the stack in a couple seconds and use the damage buffing vent more, but that can put a lot of pressure on your guys on the floor.

Tactically, I think this fight is quite interesting b/c of the tradeoff required in setting up your team. Do you go with the 2 tanks on the floor to swap and make the healing easier, but give up a lot of DPS potential by putting 2 up top? Do you use 1 tank on the floor to maximize DPS, but stress your healer?

Aetou
06.27.2012 , 07:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
Somehow I don't see most of the pug groups going through pylons or the kp puzzle droid.
Assuming they will even reach them.
The Pylons on SM are easy - you just need one guy on each side who knows what to do (there is no lockout on the consoles.) Fabricator, though, is somebody I wouldn't want to face in a pug.

Werruraz
06.27.2012 , 08:10 AM | #16
Worst piece of crap i've ever seen...

3 hours on KP STORY because of numerous issues and bugs with the LFG Tool...

WillHolmes
06.27.2012 , 08:43 AM | #17
Will not be LFG tool for kp again that was the worst night of my life.

Sure we got through the first 3 bosses (quite pathetically we may add), never as a healer have a seen a group get **** on that badly in a SM ops. If it wasent for me and the other healer they may still be at Bone.

Terrible damage avoidance
Nobody reads chat ("anyone not done this" "*silece*", "ok lets go", jarg and sorno pull to middle of room EVERYONE stands in fire spin)
Foreman crusher was ok since easy fight.
But first trash mob after that 5 wipes, i silently quit.

People had no idea what a CC was, they broke them whenever they wanted, they would not follow and directions they just went in and did w.e the wanted lol

So last time i ever pug kp not worth my time.

REiiGN
06.27.2012 , 09:44 AM | #18
I did both KP SM and EV SM through LFG Tool. Both no wipes and didn't even verbal communication. Everyone was well geared. Nobody was a dick about Needs or anything like that.
Sith Warrior-Marauder. In-game name(Athan)

Master-Nala
06.27.2012 , 09:47 AM | #19
On a PUG doing KP, we did well until we lost one of the healers. Took so long to get a replacement that folks couldn't stay till the end. But we did fine. Only one guy wouldn't follow directions. We worked around him.
HARBINGER-60s
Alana, Myschal, Vodoun

Vladnar
06.27.2012 , 09:52 AM | #20
So could be a bit of a mixed bag by the sounds of it. Once youve done the rest give it a crack now and again but dont' devote to it and wait and see cos if tonight doesn't go too great theres every chance next run will be much better.

Good one, ill look forward to it then.