Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

EV & KP using Group Finder. How is it?

Stoleo
06.26.2012 , 06:07 PM | #1
Looking for some feedback, from folks who have a chance to run these Ops(using the Group Finder). As someone, who can't commit to a regular raid schedule, due to work. Should I plan on setting aside 2-3 hours to complete this, with a total pug? Or are they pretty much nerfed, and are basically faceroll ignore all mechanics?

Shatteredstar
06.26.2012 , 08:33 PM | #2
Have you ever herded cats?

Think of that. For the next few weeks expect alot of pain and hardship as people that never set foot into those now flood in.
CE VIP
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ Yes, quite, indeed old bean.

WaveRun
06.26.2012 , 08:42 PM | #3
Even if they "nerfed" the ops beyond reasoning (oh wait they already did that), the bads still wouldnt be able to play EV properly. I did EV with all pug and right at the start they were so clueless. No talking at all. Wipe at the turrets.

Shatteredstar
06.26.2012 , 09:10 PM | #4
As with all things, when the masses get at it if it requires any level of intelligence they will fail at it.

Like letting a pack of howler monkeys into a meticulously set up lab space with intricate puzzles.
They COULD try to solve the puzzles to get the food, or just crap on everything and make alot of noise.
Guess which thing the majority of MMO players do.
CE VIP
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ Yes, quite, indeed old bean.

Naizgrel
06.26.2012 , 09:30 PM | #5
I did KP Full clear, no wipes, its pretty easy if everyone knows fights
Sev, i know you are alive.

Eternalnight
06.26.2012 , 09:42 PM | #6
Did some KP

First boss done easily. Then one dps disconnects.
So after some waiting we decide to 7-man second boss, and do it easily again, and then another dps disconnects.

So we kicked the disconnected and then we were stuck with a group 2 tanks 2 dps 2 healers, and no matter what we did, we could not make it work so that we could queue for replacements for our 2 missing dps. It was impossible to get new people. Well that was the end of that.

Stoleo
06.26.2012 , 09:51 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Did some KP

First boss done easily. Then one dps disconnects.
So after some waiting we decide to 7-man second boss, and do it easily again, and then another dps disconnects.

So we kicked the disconnected and then we were stuck with a group 2 tanks 2 dps 2 healers, and no matter what we did, we could not make it work so that we could queue for replacements for our 2 missing dps. It was impossible to get new people. Well that was the end of that.
Yeah I had the same experience with KP. Got to the third boss, was a solid run and then bam 2 dps dc. I que'd for an EV, got in with some HM EC players and just wiped the floor with EV. Hope I don't jinx myself with this post .

Rynis
06.26.2012 , 11:23 PM | #8
I would say for the sake of the people you are grouping with, that you have plenty of time to do it. Did both KP and EV today, and lost a couple people throughout. Couldn't finish because we had only the last boss both times.

Stayed in queue all day looking for replacement, but no buyers. Never got my black hole coms :[.

Vladnar
06.26.2012 , 11:29 PM | #9
No Ops through Group Finder thus far and i would suggest is likely to remain that way, i suggest more set up for organised groups with mumble or whatever so there was little interest yesterday but that may well improve as you'll only do fp's so many times but then you can bring your alts through doing them all on the way level appropriate.

There was sometimes a good queue in fps as its same server only i believe but it was fantastic, i did 3 totally new fp's to me and can't wait to do them all quite a number of times for the sheer enjoyment of them.

In the end you can see it all having to go totally cross server but AWESOME that theyve brought it in and loving it, but as for running ops Don't please hold your breath but we'll see in a number of weeks time.

Eszi
06.26.2012 , 11:56 PM | #10
Somehow I don't see most of the pug groups going through pylons or the kp puzzle droid.
Assuming they will even reach them.