Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game won't load after launcher

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Game won't load after launcher
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Moochiecone
06.26.2012 , 06:00 PM | #1
So I downloaded the new patch this morning before work and now i cant even get past the initial loading screen. After i log in past the launcher it just sits at the first loading screen with the Jedi and what not.

Lounstar
06.26.2012 , 06:10 PM | #2
ya its happening to me too cant get past initial loud screen with the jedi ect they need to fix this now!

Destroylife
06.26.2012 , 06:11 PM | #3
Whew. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Emerico
06.26.2012 , 06:13 PM | #4
Same here. Been havin a frustrating day n want to kill stuff but i'm stuck on the freakin loadin screen.

Moochiecone
06.26.2012 , 06:17 PM | #5
Save us Mods! SAAAAVVEEE UUSSSS!!!!

SwissT
06.26.2012 , 07:05 PM | #6
Same issue. It says cannot load game. I tried to repair and it freezes and does not move past 0% WTH!!!

Lounstar
06.26.2012 , 07:17 PM | #7
keep replying to this thread keep it on page one so the mods see this and hopefully pull there fingers out and do something!!

Cerimon
06.26.2012 , 07:25 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

Please ensure that you have checked the following as these steps have been known to resolve this type of issue in the past:
  • Check that your Graphics card has the most recent drivers installed. For instructions on how to update your Graphics card drivers please see here.
  • You should make sure that you have the latest version of DirectX installed on your system. For further details please check here
  • You should check that you have the latest Service Pack and Windows Updates installed for your operating system including the optional updates such as .NET Framework and Visual C++ features.
  • If you are experiencing this issue after having installed the game from a physical copy, please try running the Fixlauncher.exe located in your installation directory. This is located by default at:
    • 32bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
    • 64bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic
If this does not help, try downloading the installer from www.swtor.com/download and running this over your existing installation.

If you are still encountering this issue after checking all of the above, please contact Customer Service.

Please include a DxDiag of your system, your most recent client logs and a description of the exact error encountered.

Obtaining a DxDiag file:
  1. Press Windows Key + R
  2. Enter in the following window “DxDiag” and press ENTER or “OK”. Depending on the OS, you may have to confirm a popup window, to include WHQL signatures. It is safe to press YES/OK here.
  3. Now you have the “DirectX Diagnostic Tool” open
  4. Click on “Save All Information…” and save the file at any location convenient (default: Desktop)
    The saved file is now available under the location previously chosen.
The client log files are located by default in the installation folder at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\swtor\logs

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Lounstar
06.26.2012 , 07:43 PM | #9
none of that helps just patch to fix the damn thing

Destroylife
06.26.2012 , 07:58 PM | #10
Yep still having the same issue.