Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do Augment Slots Work?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How do Augment Slots Work?

Talyndor
06.26.2012 , 05:18 PM | #1
I am confused about the mechanics of creating the slot. .
There are various kits on the market. I know there is a modificaiton center where you can buy augment slots, again apparently various ones.
I am looking to slot purple level 49 augments into my gear.
Is there a guide to doing this that someone can point me to or can someone please provide guidance on this?
thanks so much!

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative

Estimate
06.26.2012 , 05:22 PM | #2
Don't quote me on this..

You'll have to buy an approprite level kit off the GTN and then pay the fee to have it installed in your item..

ScarletBlaze
06.26.2012 , 05:32 PM | #3
What do I need to add an augment slot? How much does it cost?
Credits: A flat credit cost to add or upgrade an augment. Credit costs are still being tuned, but it will be less than 50k for the highest augment slot.

Augment Kit: An item produced by Armormechs, Synthweavers and Armstechs. Augment Kits require 10 Augment Slot Components of the appropriate MK-#. Components are acquired by Reverse Engineering any item that can be crit-crafted to add an augment slot. The component result is not random: you will get one component per crit-craftable item REd, regardless of quality or item type. The component is an addition to the current RE results, so it will not replace any of the materials you currently get from RE.

What are the tiers?
Based on item levels (which can be higher than required levels):

Augmentation Slot MK-1 : 1 - 16

Augmentation Slot MK-2 : 17 - 24

Augmentation Slot MK-3 : 25 - 32

Augmentation Slot MK-4: 33- 40

Augmentation Slot MK-5 : 41 - 48

Augmentation Slot MK-6 : 49+

http://www.swtor.com/blog/crew-skill...ame-update-1.3
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Talyndor
06.26.2012 , 06:44 PM | #4
So what is the difference between a Green MK-6 and a Prototype Blue MK-6? Or is one of them a component? I see these green things in the GTN when I search for MK-6.

50 Gunslinger-50 Sage-50 Sentinel-50 Operative

Lady_Alyria
06.26.2012 , 07:34 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Talyndor View Post
So what is the difference between a Green MK-6 and a Prototype Blue MK-6? Or is one of them a component? I see these green things in the GTN when I search for MK-6.
The green ones are components crafters use to make the blue ones which you need to add an augment slot to something.

tausser
06.26.2012 , 07:44 PM | #6
I bought a new Implant on GTN that has an empty augment slot and an aug to put in it but when I tried to put the augment on it says I need to upgrade the augment slot to level MK-6 - that's when I noticed the augment said needs an MK-6 slot or somesuch.

What do I need to do to get this put together?

Someone in chat was selling these MK-6 kits for 125k, is that the thing I need?

So, now, in addition to spending creds buying an item with a slot and an augment to go on it, I have to spend even more creds to put them together? Is that how it works now?

(75k for the implant and 20k for the aug, btw)
It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Lady_Alyria
06.27.2012 , 08:27 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by tausser View Post
I bought a new Implant on GTN that has an empty augment slot and an aug to put in it but when I tried to put the augment on it says I need to upgrade the augment slot to level MK-6 - that's when I noticed the augment said needs an MK-6 slot or somesuch.

So, now, in addition to spending creds buying an item with a slot and an augment to go on it, I have to spend even more creds to put them together? Is that how it works now?

Yep, you need the MK-6 kit, but if your 49 augment won't fit already that suggests the earpiece isn't 49 or higher, else the augment slot would be high enough. I would suggest getting a lower level augment and holding on to the one you have now for later.

Owsley
06.27.2012 , 08:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by tausser View Post

If the item is crit crafted with a slot, the slot will will be at the level of the item. So for it to be able to equip an MK-6, the item needs to be level +49. Otherwise, you need to upgrade the item's slot with a kit.

BTW there is a bug being looked into where some slotted legacy 50 gear is not accepting MK-6 augments.
"But war, organised war, is not a human instinct. It is a highly planned and co-operative form of theft."
Jacob Bronowski - The Ascent of Man

Ellvaan
06.28.2012 , 08:13 AM | #9
Greetings everyone!

As it was so helpfully linked, you can learn more about changes to Crew Skills and Items in 1.3 in the following blog:
We hope this helps!